Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
16 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Hi Dave, what do you make of Rogers post re 20-40cms for the south east and an historic event? 

I'm not Dave, but I will throw my opinion in.

Locally I'm sure this is about to be significant event, and it will locally be up there with the greats.

Whether it goes on to be historic though depends on whether it impacts a wider area than currently expected. For now I'd say locally significant  but probably not widespread enough to be historic for a majority of people, especially as a large part of the SE population is going to be getting at most a few cms from this entire upcoming week. It wont hold the collective power a Feb 91 or Feb 09 had as things are currently modelled  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers
Just now, North Easterly Breeze said:

I can’t emphasise enough how strong this wind is here. 

Your username is also helping to reinforce your point lol 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, North Easterly Breeze said:

Sleet here in Benfleet and a noisy gale force wind.

Sleet here in Laindon aswell last radar return had a pink pixel in Kent, so it's starting to turn now another 2 hours I reckon and any precipitation will be snow

• Like 2

Posted

In all seriousness I think blizzards in Kent is a really possibility if this wind keeps up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Ben M said:

PINK BLOB ALERT! The first pink blob has appeared on the radar just south west of Dover....

Think it's still sleet here, when you say SW do you mean in the channel.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Getting closer with the cold air.  Manston in Kent. 

5838BC20-CC82-4B01-9F01-723FE0562ABB.thumb.jpeg.9d8861340c1b9a7f99ca19cc7950b636.jpeg

cant be long now

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
56 minutes ago, UKSupercell said:

No surprise the metoffice have downgraded the forecast for my part of East Hants from rain during Sat evening till midnight or so then turning to "heavy snow" for a few hours then light snow virtually from 4am and all day tomorrow. Now literally no snow forecast for next 24 hours for here. Typical! 

Though the NW radar showing rain/snow literally on my doorstep just to S in Petersfield and South Downs a short while ago and the rain seemed sleety when I checked 30 mins ago. 

Just have to see how this pans out! 

Must admit I am feeling a bit downcast ( I know, I know. I shouldn't look at the apps ) as I too am NE Hants ( Fleet) and reading between the lines with my limited knowledge, it's not looking as hopeful now. Even my outside temp seems to have stalled- in fact it's just gone up by about 0.3°

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
2 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

In all seriousness I think blizzards in Kent is a really possibility if this wind keeps up

social-app.jpg
WWW.VENTUSKY.COM

Live wind, rain and temperature maps, detailed forecast for your place, data from the best weather forecast models such as GFS, ICON, GEM

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It won't be long before we start seeing the first reports of settling snow in our region. Eastern facing coasts in Kent and Essex should start getting the wintrier ppn from the Netherlands in the next half hour.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
15 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Literally not even joking - the power just went off to the lamppost

Permission to LOL...(a little. And quietly)

Posted
3 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Wind picking up here now! 

I'm not far from you (Epping) and readily admit to being a dunce compared to some on here when it comes to interpretation of models.

You think we will see much in this area? Think other comments have noted that any incoming precipitation from the east will come inland for a while, then go SW which would make our location borderline for a  hit/miss. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Sno' problem said:

It won't be long before we start seeing the first reports of settling snow in our region. Eastern facing coasts in Kent and Essex should start getting the wintrier ppn from the Netherlands in the next half hour.

I think you won’t be far wrong there. 
S/SE Essex looks right in the firing line.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

Must admit I am feeling a bit downcast ( I know, I know. I shouldn't look at the apps ) as I too am NE Hants ( Fleet) and reading between the lines with my limited knowledge, it's not looking as hopeful now. Even my outside temp seems to have stalled- in fact it's just gone up by about 0.3°

I'd brace yourself to get literally 0cms this entire week I'm afraid, I think we are stuffed this far west.

Small chance maybe tomorrow  evening in any arcing band and there is still the wildcard of a streamer, but I'd rate our odds of getting one strong enough at maybe 5-10%. I'm sure there will be one, but its gonna whiff out before it gets close to us.

Probably 50-50 if we even get a dusting now mate 

Edited by kold weather
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Think it's still sleet here, when you say SW do you mean in the channel.

No it's showing on land, just SW of Dover & NE of Folkestone on the latest two frames on the netweather radar.  Thinking about it now though it hasn't moved in those two frames so it might be one of those anoprop things or whatever they're called? I'm not sure. 

Edited by Ben M
  • Like 1

Posted

North Sea ppn is really pepping up 

Radar doesn't look that impressive for heavy stuff - but very similar look to the early January stuff that was wrong side of marginal - and a lot of places saw over 30mm of rain in 24-48 period. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Just to show how unreliable apps are..

2hrs ago I had 1 snow symbol at 10am Sunday. Now it's updated to showing snow symbols constantly from 6am Sun to 6am Tues. 

Down to radar watching now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

So, can intensification from streamers enhance the snow amount in a dynamics situation.  Of course so higher goals expected, due to the models not being able to forecast this.  Signs are already there as well

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, WheresTheSnow said:

I am certainly jealous of the Dutch tonight !

The UK MetO will be looking into this new Snow Code Red which has been issued by their Dutch counterparts. Don't be surprised if the MetO upgrade the snow potential ❄️

• Like 1

Posted

Just popping in from my regional thread which is ??????? I'm going by my weather link that is very accurate for my area. ❄️Is going to hit your area around 3am or a little later and snowing constantly for 36 hours.. Enjoy 

Screenshot_20210207_011707_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

Screenshot_20210207_011718_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Mayfield East Sussex, 8 miles south of Tunbridge wells

I'm close to Wadhurst. I'm hopeful it might kick off rather sooner than 5. Don't want to get ahead of myself and clearly no guarantees, but we can do very well in these set ups, and at this point the extra altitude of the Weald is helpful as the air coming from the NE flows uphill over a distance to reach us.

• Like 1