Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
5 minutes ago, Biggin said:

I think the models are a little tight there I take it the models xant see streamers Nick ? 

Yep, I think we could see a Thames Snow Streamer set up for a time Sunday night into Monday morning, as winds turn from NE to ENE as the low over Low Countries moves away. 

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Biggin said:

I think the models are a little tight there I take it the models xant see streamers Nick ? 

Streamers are generally only picked up late on and won't be fully factored in, having said that, as it's up until noon Monday, they may not have fully established by then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
11 minutes ago, TonyK St Albans said:

This is getting beyond a joke. It's just gone even further back to 6pm Sunday evening. 

At this rate we'll not see a single flake all week.

Sorry Mother Nature doesn't have a watch! 

Forget the app forecasts.... 

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Dunstable Snow said:

Ivor was my hero - I wanted to call our first son Gordon but my wife flatly refused - despite coming to games and getting the Fulham bug !

Ahh, but my dog is called Dempsey! ????

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Turning to snow across parts of north and east Kent now?

2255.thumb.JPG.14495226bd0801ee957296912c1be6d9.JPG

Cant confirm because I'm 30 miles away but it the triangle between Canterbury, Ashford and Dover. That's going to be the sweet spot ( only my opinion though)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Is there a website that shows your local dp? My weather station doesn't have it?!xx

Try the wunderground app

Posted
1 minute ago, TonyK St Albans said:

Not looking at the apps, only MO updates. It's kind of compulsive once you know tsnow is on the horizon. 

I’d rather watch what’s unfolding with my own eyes on the radar! We’ll see.

• Like 1

Posted

Hey!

Been looking at these forums for years (mostly in the winter) but have never commented.. I decided I should make an account and get in on the action!

Excited about the next few days, I’m based in south east Essex and thinking back to 2018 / 2010 it seemed that we had an almost constant flow of show showers for 2-4 days thanks to Thames Streamers and snow depths locally up to my shins... wondering how this might compare.

Wind gusts have really picked up now! Sounds different in my house it coming from the East rather than the usual W/SW.

• Like 6

Posted

Genuine question... if the storm is tracking N/NE, which it appears to be (been watching it for the last hour), what would make it split out and branch over the channel to the UK? The direction of the wind? 

This is exactly as the met and bbc have said it would go so im not worried, just a genuine question. 

CEB88B44-57BE-4250-930A-71837C1CBED4.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
4 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Yep, I think we could see a Thames Snow Streamer set up for a time Sunday night into Monday morning, as winds turn from NE to ENE as the low over Low Countries moves away. 

Sounds great for NW Kent and could bring SE Essex into play too with any luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Temp and dew point going down nicely now Was told today that I’m obsessed! I wonder why? Time for bed now after a frantic day of scrolling and going from one tab to another. Good luck to us all and see you in the morning. I think I may sleep with the curtains open.....x

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
3 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

Cant confirm because I'm 30 miles away but it the triangle between Canterbury, Ashford and Dover. That's going to be the sweet spot ( only my opinion though)

Totally agree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Euro still good.

image.thumb.png.4d1161a5181a3ed7163262e51ca12d07.png

Later on

image.thumb.png.4104182c2235aa1fa7fb75784cba0a25.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, Downpour said:

I’d love to be wrong too but the trends have been running the wrong way for several hours now.

Mate, the event hasn’t even started yet. It’s going to be nowcast from now on. If we’re going by the apps, then the BBC shows the below for our area tomorrow night. Chin up!

88ABA4C6-AF6D-4EAA-AE6D-6C41C41093F9.thumb.png.c8c161060be3d424bfadea82b71f2f71.png

Edited by danm

Posted

2.7C with DP of 1.4C and falling fast.  10mph average NE wind.   Not expecting much snow tomorrow possibly 5cm between 9am-9pm.  Expecting more on Monday with the cold uppers and streamers forming (we got 20cm over night 28/2/2018 all from streamers, although that had lower 850s compared to this spell).

I'm hoping this will be a more prolonged event where snow accumulations build over weeks, rather than banking it all on a single event - we shall see!!

www.norwichweather.co.uk

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, North Easterly Breeze said:

Genuine question... if the storm is tracking N/NE, which it appears to be (been watching it for the last hour), what would make it split out and branch over the channel to the UK? The direction of the wind? 

This is exactly as the met and bbc have said it would go so im not worried, just a genuine question. 

Effectivly there is a little low that forms over the next few hours over the channel (which is why the front is moving westwards atm) which then moves eastwards. As that happens it pushes the precip shield westwards (in the same direction the front is moving). At some point the low gets far enough east that the wrao around no longer gets any further west and then starts to pull back away eastwards. Once that happens we will move into a more classic showery pattern.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
2 minutes ago, North Easterly Breeze said:

Wind direction will be SW as it tracks over the North Sea pushing it down over Kent etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
7 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

If you make it so then I’ll buy you beer! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
Just now, winterfreak said:

Wind direction will be SW as it tracks over the North Sea pushing it down over Kent etc

I hope it's not SW mate  otherwise it will be sent packing back into the north sea

• Like 2