Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Pavements that an hour ago were riddled with puddles are now dry here. Once the white stuff comes it will settle fast, wind noticeably stronger and colder. Waiting for the ppn now... May have a quick snooze before the fun starts around 1

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

Yes, eastwards.  Look at the Met Office infrared radar and play it forward from this afternoon.  The Darcy system (the bright arc of cloud) expands slowly north but also tracks E/SE as a whole at the same time.

I’m sorry did you just say it could miss the entire UK?

no that’s not gonna happen. 
If you’re looking at MetO radar app, then that’s why. 

I still expect around 5-10cm where I am tomorrow. But we will see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers
10 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

UPDATE :

Some of those flakes look huge omg 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clark3r said:

Metoffice app 24 hours ago showed heavy snow for my area tomorrow, now shows dry apart from light snow at 20.00, i think the metoffice should be scrapped if this is the case as they are crap 

ignore the apps there pointless there automaticaly generated using generaly 12 hour old information look at the radar not the apps

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like it’s just north of Amsterdam atm which is similar latitude to Norwich so looking good for all the region from that perspective...just a case of how far west it gets now. Expect it to hit Uk land in a couple of hours.. 

1307975C-4309-4BDB-B77C-12158B2339A7.jpeg

D4EF5A99-C93D-47EB-836B-F7D766514DBE.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
2 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

Take a look at the Met Office infrared radar and play it forward from this afternoon and see the system's overall movement.  This isn't a model, it's the reality of what has been happening.

It will arrive

its only 10.30

any sleet now is a bonus

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
18 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Where has all this negativity come from all of a sudden it's only 10 a clock things wont start till after midnight

Apparently the ukv is showing this staying as rain, we'll see I guess.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW
2 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

well, looks like a damp squib for Crawley according to the metoffice lol. 

The Met app has us down for snow until 3 am on Tuesday. Chill and enjoy the ride. So many people are taking too much notice of weather symbols. You will see snow ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chillyhills said:

Temperature
2.0°C

Humidity
93%

Dewpoint
1.0°C

Wind Chill
0.8°C

Wind
NE

Big fat flakes began falling here approx 15 mins ago ?️❄️?️ Settling on tarmac and grass although not falling heavy... Yet

I'm in Prestwood. Big flakes here but too wet to settle. I really hope we have a snowy day tomorrow 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

Wishful thinking.Prem wins are hard to come buy and as much as my heart says there a chance,head says we’re down, think head will win.supporter for 40 years (Ivor error).

raining in Epsom,waiting for the change 

Don’t lose the faith.....couple of weeks ago we (BHAFC) were on the brink of the drop zone.......a few decent results and all looks very different

Posted
Just now, wintermaster said:

The Met app has us down for snow until 3 am on Tuesday. Chill and enjoy the ride. So many people are taking too much notice of weather symbols. You will see snow ! 

Hope so mate. I was looking at their website. BBC website looks cracking though. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Vesuvius said:

I tell you what Ian, when lockdown finally lifts, you are the first on my list to the party. 

I'm just being pragmatic and saying what I'm seeing on actual satellite views, not models.  If it reverses, I'll be delighted, but...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Nothing will die out, coldest still crossing north sea, will generate further precip as it does so whilst dragging in colder air from the continent. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
Just now, Weathizard said:

It’s been so long since a proper snow event that I’d forgot what a hell hole this thread became in the countdown till the snow arrives, it’s amazing that some frozen water falling from the sky can turn normal human beings into manic, froth mouthed lunatics

I blame the weather apps, mine was showing light snow from 2 AM to lunch time Tuesday an hour ago and it's just changed to sleet until 5 AM, a couple of hours of light snow and then dry until tomorrow tonight with a few light flurries here and there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
4 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Precip turning increasingly wintry now  keep an eye on your lampposts people, any reports would be great maybe London will start getting some blobs soon

Screenshot_20210206-222317_Chrome.jpg

I've got my torch ready and waiting. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Good luck everyone! Temperatures are falling away now in many parts of the SE, should start to see snow appearing in a few hours. 
Been snowing all afternoon and evening here in Prague, after a wet, chilly morning. -3°C now and looking very cold this week (-15°C on some nights), so I think the Atlantic won’t be making inroads anytime soon.

F85BEF57-B4D8-4F70-AA60-3E873FA5566C.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Serious jerk reactions in here tonight

relax the snow will come 

not meant to be until at least after midnight

• Like 3

Posted

Snow line seems to be nearing north of london now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

With 'Darcy' expanding but still moving E/SE as a system, unless its expansion is faster than its movement away it will miss the UK entirely at the current rate of progress.

Yeah, but it chucks a left at Calais. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

I am not even commenting in here atm, just laughing at the comments in the background

Your wasting your breathe Daniel. Leave em to it

Exactly. I can’t understand the doom-mongering posts when the event hasn’t even started!

Going exactly to plan here as far as I can tell. Temp dropping about a degree every 90 minutes, down to 3.8c now with a DP of 3.3c.

Link to my garden weather station if anyone wanted to take a look..

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Jayces said:

I blame the weather apps, mine was showing light snow from 2 AM to lunch time Tuesday an hour ago and it's just changed to sleet until 5 AM, a couple of hours of light snow and then dry until tomorrow tonight with a few light flurries here and there

The weather apps don’t control the weather, be patient and wait and see, otherwise you’ll ruin your enjoyment that’s my advice. Besides even the few that miss out in our region will be in the game for streamer setups and showers piling in off the North Sea in the coming days. Every easterly we get is always the same, showers and other features are under played.

ZEN MODE

• Thanks 1