Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/ hot not mild muck!

Been following all day and am starting to get stressed! I think it’s slipping south. Going to have to look east tomorrow good luck you guys south and east of me .

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, mishy said:

Have a dusting on the cars in Dunstable

Getting closer, love this part seeing snow reports slowly creep toward your location

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
1 minute ago, Downpour said:

That chart is 1900 tomorrow - everything pushed back? 

That's cumulative position by 1900 tomorrow, ie everything that's fallen before. 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

MetOffice infrared shows the frontal plume expanding northwards but the whole system moving eastwards - away from us.  Only rain at the 2100 update everywhere except high Yorkshire/Lancashire.  

Eastwards ? Not sure if serious or a wind up.

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted

How can anyone really complain at this point, nowhere in the forecasts was snow predicted to start now and our potential snow is only just beginning to show its hand. We have snow opportunities for the next 72-96 hours potentially along with daytime temperatures not even above freezing. 

I know it’s frustrating the snow isn’t here yet, but patience is a virtue with weather, and if it doesn’t deliver there will be more chances.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, london-snow said:

Question: 

With -10 uppers to come why can it not be possible on a strong wind to blow showers or streamers well inland. 

They will be blown far inland, just depends on your location in perspective with the angle of the streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold with frost & snow in winter; hot and dry in summer
1 minute ago, pureasthedriven said:

Everton, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Palace. 9 points min required. Feb will define our season. 

I agree. If we were scoring goals I would feel more positive about our prospects. We might just click up front. Now is the time to do it. 

we have about a cm of laying snow - I am on the downs jus down the road from whipsnade so in a great place for snow in this region. 

for those worrying stay positive- I spent 8 years of my life in Folkestone from 1976 1983. When streamers set up the potential for significant snow is huge and can only be matched by a heavy snow slider where I now live. The most snow I have ever snow was in Folkestone on 1st January 1979. I was 14 years old . The depth was between my knee and thigh ! 

A couple of days before my dad had taken me to watch Fulham v Luton at the cottage. The coldest I have ever been at a Fulham game. There were about 3000 people on the Hammersmith end. They huddled together in a space that took up about a fifth of the terrace ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
Just now, Biggin said:

Eastwards ?

it's a joke in here tonight mate

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

Wishful thinking.Prem wins are hard to come buy and as much as my heart says there a chance,head says we’re down, think head will win.supporter for 40 years (Ivor error).

raining in Epsom,waiting for the change 

I’ll see you 40 and raise you 44! At least being a Fulham fan inures you against existential pain. Including snow pain ??

Posted

With 'Darcy' expanding but still moving E/SE as a system, unless its expansion is faster than its movement away it will miss the UK entirely at the current rate of progress.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
6 minutes ago, Downpour said:

That’s right. It’s fair enough to mention downgrades I think. There is a downgrade across our region sadly. 

The rain that just went over the region was always modeled to be like that. The *potential* snowfall is still travelling over the North Sea.

Besides, not sure what you were expecting but some models have shown very little snow over London for days now. Sunday's event was always going to be better to the E and SE of London. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Mark... fella. Clearly sarcasm aimed against the nonsensical doomongering before anything has even started. 

Aaahhhh Yes I’m with you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

The capital @london and short surrounding.. are upping the anti... my punt.. suburban areas surrounding the capital..5/8cms out of the lps.. with eastward geographicals on an open pot tbh!!!

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, Downpour said:

That chart is 1900 tomorrow - everything pushed back? 

It’s snow on the ground by that time. If you look the precip on the models from earlier never reached north Norfolk. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm going to take a random stab in the dark, just a feeling but I think it will start snowing here in SW London/Surrey around 3am.

1 minute ago, Ian Docwra said:

With 'Darcy' expanding but still moving E/SE as a system, unless its expansion is faster than its movement away it will miss the UK entirely at the current rate of progress.

look at this 

br-logo-square.png
WWW.BUIENRADAR.NL

Waar sneeuwt het in Nederland? Volg de sneeuwradar!

its halfway across the sea on the way to me on the coast isnt going to miss the uk 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Julesthecat said:

4.2C here now.  Meto app had light snow from 3am - just changed back to heavy snow between 3am and 7am.

I noticed that too...

1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

Try living in Horsham. Expect nothing. Anything else is an upgrade... 

Horsham - at least it’s not Crawley

• Like 3

Posted

Am I right in thinking if the precipitation is further north than was first thought is that good news for more west of the EA region? have a very light covering on grass/cars etc here but clearing now. Def a nowcast and radar watching situation.