Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
3 minutes ago, Downpour said:

The snow keeps getting pushed back, hour by hour, and decreasing in intensity.

There does seem to be a downgrade on (on the models) but it will come down to watching the radar.

Decreasing in intensity ?

It hasn't started yet and i've seen nothing model wise to suggest that is the case.

Do you have any links ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
1 minute ago, weathertoski said:

It's very unlikely but not impossible of course that you will miss out entirely. 

Exactly.  At this point, MetOffice is still ‘likely’ not yet ‘very likely.  So subject to change until it goes to ‘very likely’.

image.thumb.png.df86c2b1841afb5ee2332f899a9fdeaa.png

Posted
14 minutes ago, simonhall6 said:

I’ve been monitoring this radar all day, it looks great for the whole SE doesn’t it

The +24hr radar does look hugely overblown when you compare it to the T-1hr or even +3hr radar. It's very low res

Posted

Ok so it's only 20:00 but I'm on an all nighter so will start now..

T is holding up at 7.0 and D is down to 6.0. I don't expect any movement from either until the early hours. Outside is dry and  cloudy.

A quick look at the radar tells me that pretty much everything north of York is turning readily to snow. The cold is sinking down and anything blue at the moment will turn to red by the morning

Capture.thumb.PNG.ad52b448511ebaa5c19fff296dbc82c2.PNG

A quick shout out to all the mods here, also @kold weather and @tight isobar for knowing their stuff.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, blueballs said:

Temp 4.4 and dp 3.7 here in Ramsey, seems to be a bit of sleet about 40 miles north of us at the minute.

I'm expecting a wintry mix in about 2 Hours at this rate, temp has started dropping quickly.. about 2 degrees in hour and half.

Hope everyone has had a kip today to keep me company into the small hours ⛷️

Radar has sleet over Ramsey now - what you got?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
2 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

If you want a good radar here's the link to the Netweather radar. Just turn 'weather type' on to see rain/sleet/snow as per the chart below.

20.15 1187553761_Radar20.1506Feb.thumb.jpg.832fd264b9aaa001bd34dbb0a04c85fc.jpg

Link: https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

The only radar I use but when sitting in an amber zone 2 weeks ago in EA with good radar precip right over `me`, epic fail. Good guide yep, certainly not a given.

1 minute ago, Howie said:

I'm just next to you in Edmonton, I hope the heavier precip can push more west 

Let's hope so Howie, but we are in s better position than the event we had 2 weeks ago. Also there seems to be a lot of conflicting reports some saying that the extent west has been upgraded as well as the amount I have seen 10 cm plus being mentioned. Then there are reports saying it's been downgraded.

I think the best thing now is to just keep ears to reports and watch the radar and not forgetting the lamppost

How much will fall is anyone's guess now there is not much we can do.

I hope everyone gets s good covering though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme....more snow the better

Well well well, we've got a few flakes mixed in with the rain, that was quicker than I thought possible, must be the rate it's coming down, could be well in the game in a couple of hours

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I remember an event a few years ago where roads were treacherous with ice because the grit put down had been washed clean away by heavy rain before it turned to snow, I think the same is going to happen this time too!!

My 90% heavy snow from 3am-6am has changed to light snow from 4am and carrying on all day with between 40-60ish% chances (on Meto app) so bit of a downgrade but I'm aware that's not fixed!

I plan on getting an earlier night tonight so I can wake earlier tomorrow and see what's happening outside the window!! I know I'll wake early wondering anyway, lol!!! Good luck everyone!xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
Just now, simonhall6 said:

Hi Tom 

have you got estimate for snow depths for around Brentwood/Billericay areas 

thanks 

Bit of a downgrade, haven't seen the entire 18Z run yet, but the latest UKV pushes the heavier snow to extreme eastern parts of Essex, North Kent looks the sweet spot right now.

That being said, 6-9cm would be the best estimate from 02:00 Sunday until 18:00 Monday for much of south Essex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Latest Cambs info...

showing the cold air starting to come.

Temperature: 1.6 C Pressure: 1005 mBar Humidity: 94 % Dewpoint: 0.7 C Wind: 2 knots from the NE Sunshine: 0.3 hours (today) Rainfall: 9.1 mm since midnight Summary: rainy, very cold, light winds

Posted
10 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Radar update

A pixel of sleet has turned up just north of Harlow

Most southerly location for wintryness to date

Think this is probably a rogue reading - nothing else until you go about 30 miles north - but sleety mix now become much more widespread across Cambridgeshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

And so it begins, can confirm here we have sleet.

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Transition now in swing.. precipitation turning wintry into EA... and the euro vents.. showing the convergence... in she comes ?‍♂️.. however we are hours away from any notability..especially regionwide....it’s all beginning to knock on the door... and if anyone mentions that soul destroying advert about knocking on the door and ringing the bell ?... I’ll make a voodoo doll of you and have sadistic fun with it

69986C6F-2701-4F46-97A8-06AD3C5BFEE9.png

9E1BF356-9C5A-45DC-A07B-8CA92587CEFB.png

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Mal_UK said:

I believe that red alerts will only be very localised, not blanket for a whole large region. 

As an example, 6" snow in a Kent village will cause far less disruption on a Sunday that 2" snow in the centre of London?

Yes exactly when they have confidence in the exact area.

Whilst you may generally be correct in your assumption on impacts, the risk of villages being cut off, which I suspect along with the risk to life of people being caught out in a Blizzard are the fears here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just an example why not to take the apps too literally.My mate lives in Brussels and just said it is snowing there since 8pm yet met office app had transition to sleet not till midnight and snow at 4am!Absolutely pouring here again now and has been for 30 mins.If this had been snow we would have had a good covering already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
4 minutes ago, blueballs said:

Well well well, we've got a few flakes mixed in with the rain, that was quicker than I thought possible, must be the rate it's coming down, could be well in the game in a couple of hours

Ok blueballs, just hold tight a bit longer

Posted
Just now, tight isobar said:

Transition now in swing.. precipitation turning wintry into EA... and the euro vents.. showing the convergence... in she comes ?‍♂️.. however we are hours away from any notability..especially regionwide....it’s all beginning to knock on the door... and if anyone mentions that soul destroying advert about knocking on the door and ringing the bell ?... I’ll make a voodoo doll of you and have sadistic fun with it

69986C6F-2701-4F46-97A8-06AD3C5BFEE9.png

9E1BF356-9C5A-45DC-A07B-8CA92587CEFB.png

Take it you are not a fan of the People's postcode lottery then.

The irony is - this event could be a postcode lottery

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Alexa reckons I’ve got a 35% chance of rain or sleet tomorrow! Only 65% chance of snow. 

@&#% off Alexa. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Alexa reckons I’ve got a 35% chance of rain or sleet tomorrow! Only 65% chance of snow. 

@&#% off Alexa. 

Jumble sale data fed into that..... turn her off pal...

• Like 2