Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Chicken stir fry, white wine and a long wait to see snow in my newly named floodlight - Alexa turn "Lamp post" on! Looking more like an early morning than a late night - the midnight snow has moved to 4am

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
Just now, dubmuffin said:

Chicken stir fry, white wine and a long wait to see snow in my newly named floodlight - Alexa turn "Lamp post" on! Looking more like an early morning than a late night - the midnight snow has moved to 4am

Still 2am here, just!

Posted
10 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Best of luck Stu, your in a good place to end up with 10-20cms from this, could be more if the winds stay more NE for longer.

Make sure you get some good photos for us lot in the barren green lands further west! 

Darren - if Tunbridge Wells gets anywhere near that, I would be delighted. Its had an absolute shocker this year with a grand total of around 5 minutes snow cover.

This despite elevation of around 140m asl. 

I think the problem is that the elevation is slightly higher more or to the east, south and west, which doesn't assist. 

if the ppn is blowing in from the north east, that might assist, but Sevenoaks tends to do better 10 miles down the road. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days
6 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Everything on the way down !!..some exelarator  rates nxt couple hours.. and the isobar chart noting the flow gaining momentum... .. and I’m off to the offy... ya can’t beat em.. join em n all that....

13E3EA36-1DD3-4B9E-97AC-E0ECE43F34A5.png

9FE12D7C-4687-4684-808E-63803C64C830.png

41052FA6-2428-4574-BC7D-40B2042D0FD2.png

What time were those dewpoint charts.

Down to 1.7c dp here in North Norfolk

Screenshot_20210206-194656_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Temp now 4.9c, so the interest starts. Radar looks very wet for the next few hours.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

Here we go, every hour we move forward the forecast moves the snow another hour away. Every blinking time.

Same here. Snow was originally forecast to start in St albans at midnight and last all night and most of the follwing day. Now it's changed to rain at midnight, then dry from 1am. The snow is now expected to arrive at 8am. So no doubt it'll get pushed back again as that time approaches and maybe we'll be lucky to see a couple of flakes floating around at 4pm!

Posted
17 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Not normally - Epsom is in a good spot for a streamer. The story I’ve often told on here was when my wife got stuck driving back in the snow from Epsom in December 2010 when pregnant - she left at 3pm and got to Reigate at 1.30am!!

Horsham has been rubbish the last few years hasn’t it? My memories of living in St Leonard’s forest as a kid in 87 and 91 were fun though! 

I remember 2010 well, I remember offering to go and rescue her, I had a 4x4 volvo at the time. I have a proper 4x4 now, (land rover) which has barely seen snow since...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Wind picked up massively outside.

Dread to think of me walking in that windchill tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
3 minutes ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

What time were those dewpoint charts.

Down to 1.7c dp here in North Norfolk

Screenshot_20210206-194656_Chrome.jpg

There french so an hour ahead in frame.. but at the same time as here..ultimately 

• Like 1

Posted

Whilst I’m excited about the snow potential I’m mildly worried about how dangerous it could become outside for many, heavy snowfall after heavy rain followed by a deep freeze with ice days can cause extremely hazardous conditions.

Stay safe all ?? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Literally like a river outside, roads flooded and puddles everywhere. Even if this cold spell doesn't bring any snow, at least there will finally be a chance for it to dry up!!

Edited by NewEra21

Posted
9 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

@Paul Sherman what's you gut feeling on how this will compare to the BFTE in 2018 in the Southend/East Essex area?

5.3c and falling away here...

Am hoping much better we did awful from that with about 4cm and an Ice Storm. Hoping to trump it by at least x3 on the depth. How did you fare out of that up the Riviera? 

• Like 2

Posted

Football time, few beers, another look at models before bed, I’m sure I will be up early in the morning to see what’s happening, really still can’t call tomorrow, just hoping things will be in our favour I will be happy for 2 inches of snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

latest data from Cambridge...

Temperature: 2.0 C Pressure: 1005 mBar

Humidity: 100 % Dewpoint: 2.0 C

Wind: 2 knots from the NE

Sunshine: 0.3 hours (today)

Rainfall: 7.6 mm since midnight

Summary: very humid, very cold, light winds

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, NewEra21 said:

Literally like a river outside, roads flooded and puddles everywhere. Even if this cold spell doesn't bring me any snow, at least there will finally be a chance for it to dry up!!

more likely to ice up than dry up

Posted

Just took the dog for a walk and boy are temperatures dropping.  Really hoping her walk tomorrow will be one in snow. A six month Lab so all new to her. Come on Essex and South East/ EA. This is our moment.  

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, NewEra21 said:

Literally like a river outside, roads flooded and puddles everywhere. Even if this cold spell doesn't bring me any snow, at least there will finally be a chance for it to dry up!!

Yh that last hour of Rainfall everything is under water again unreal amounts of rain since the year started. 

Am on 214mm way over 1/3 of our annual rainfall 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Am hoping much better we did awful from that with about 4cm and an Ice Storm. Hoping to trump it by at least x3 on the depth. How did you fare out of that up the Riviera? 

Really weird considering how close we are as the crow flies but 2018 we had about 13/14cms where as in 2010 you had far far more from the Thames streamer...the variations always amaze me!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

I remember 2010 well, I remember offering to go and rescue her, I had a 4x4 volvo at the time. I have a proper 4x4 now, (land rover) which has barely seen snow since...

I remember, thank you! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

followed the site for ages but just joined, thought it about time i stopped being a lurker, looks like i will be in the thick of things as i seem to be positioned slap bang where the action is going to happen. Ive always been a weather freak love storms snow gales etc my family think its hilarious, [have great grand kids so im no spring chicken] possibly the oldest snow lover on the site. getting very gusty winds at the moment had rain but no snow yet, passing the time by beating up angry birds and informing family to get stocked up with essentials candles torches batteries food camping cooker in case of power cuts as you can tell have been here and worn the tee shirt many times. sorry if this is a long first post hope its in the right place as i will be able to send more info about my area as this weather progresses, cheers to everyone have lots of homemade moonshine liquers if heating goes down in power cut

Welcome - keep us informed - you could be in the game in the 2-3 hours, I reckon

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stuie W said:

latest data from Cambridge...

Temperature: 2.0 C Pressure: 1005 mBar

Humidity: 100 % Dewpoint: 2.0 C

Wind: 2 knots from the NE

Sunshine: 0.3 hours (today)

Rainfall: 7.6 mm since midnight

Summary: very humid, very cold, light winds

Just up the road from you in Stansted, crossing fingers for some snow!

Currently dropping about a degree every hour looking at the trend.

Screenshot_20210206-195541.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme....more snow the better

Temp 4.4 and dp 3.7 here in Ramsey, seems to be a bit of sleet about 40 miles north of us at the minute.

I'm expecting a wintry mix in about 2 Hours at this rate, temp has started dropping quickly.. about 2 degrees in hour and half.

Hope everyone has had a kip today to keep me company into the small hours ⛷️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature down to 5.1 here and Locksbottom and rain just stopped.Real action won’t start till 1-2am so think I will go to bed well before that and pray I wake upto a winter wonderland!!Not convinced I will tbh although a little more confident than 2 weeks ago which was a massive let down when the snow literally stopped on my doorstep and shifted north and westwards leaving here with 20 mins of moderate snow that was all gone in an hour!

stay safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
Just now, exodus said:

Just up the road from you in Stansted, crossing fingers for some snow!

Currently dropping about a degree every hour looking at the trend.

Screenshot_20210206-195541.jpg

Ah nice one. I don`t like to say this but we yet again are on the boundary, yep annoying. What we want between now and the morn is a shift west of this lp, deffo a nowcast in the morning, shouldn`t be like that but crossing everything here!