Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
8 minutes ago, danm said:

I know these are the BBC graphics and not to be taken too literally, but the latest forecast shows it over a wider area, including the London area right from the early hours through to late afternoon tomorrow:

7B820636-B8D2-4FAD-ACAC-43262B22DA72.thumb.png.f0a459fc33a2fc21d5fca4802fb7da8a.png7B7FE1A1-9AAD-4E0F-878A-F0DF8214CCBD.thumb.png.4620310e64c31fda868ec963a331a040.png46A75DA5-0BF1-4EF4-86D3-117D440BFCF7.thumb.png.20bca8e7fdf1c862906a0dacfe127c5a.png

Going to tune into the 1928 on Beeb News... 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers
4 hours ago, abovefreezing said:

@ 51, am I the oldest "big kid" in ere?

Posted
18 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

There isn’t ....some people get all hung up with dividing lines on a chart ......the weather doesn’t stop at a line ....conditions adjust gradually 

Not necessarily.  With a near-stationary front it can be surprising what a difference can be seen in a few miles.  I recall travelling home from work to Epsom on the train in January 1987 and the snow depth at Worcester Park was around 6cm, whereas at the next station, Stoneleigh, it was easily 18cm!  The snow at WP had been steady but light to moderate all day, whereas a tad closer to the front at Stoneleigh it had been heavy all day.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Country Boy said:

The gritters are going to have no chance, they can't put salt on wet roads.

Especially if it turns straight to snow.

Tipping it down here, but I have noticed the wind has picked up.

from the East.

And with hardly any traffic the salt won't get mixed with the snow to melt it. Nightmare road conditions tomorrow I reckon! 

• Like 2

Posted

Wind is starting to acquire a bit of a cold bite and sky is taking on a bit of an orange tint, even though it is no where near cold enough for snow.

People with weather stations, please keep the observations coming - especially those in the north of the region as transition is not that far away now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine
12 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

I’m hoping for a couple of inches at least...

That would make my little boy very happy. He’s already asking what time can he get up in the morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
2 minutes ago, Always Upsidedown said:

Unfortunately the weather never looks at apps on phones. Nor goes it view charts, it just does what it does and the trend is pretty clear for this area. Has been all day. We will get snow, just not very much. 

My friend I never use apps..@hate em I view model Synoptics and evolutionary traits.. I merely used those as examples of your quotations. And I’ll stick with my prognosis... ciao ☝️?‍♂️

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ols500 said:

Does the downs take alot of the snow out of the showers if they are moving down from the n/e?

Not normally - Epsom is in a good spot for a streamer. The story I’ve often told on here was when my wife got stuck driving back in the snow from Epsom in December 2010 when pregnant - she left at 3pm and got to Reigate at 1.30am!!

3 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

I can see the dreaded 'Horsham snow-shield' powering up tonight.

I have my snow rescue team at the ready, in case we get the same amounts as the 2018 'BFTE'....

Here they are in action in 2018, in the deepest snowdrift I could find in my garden...

20180301_144504.jpg.1b8389d162f69b1bcf8e90905f1a9b97-1.thumb.jpg.d329034611ef2e67aebcd196cc592c09.jpg

Horsham has been rubbish the last few years hasn’t it? My memories of living in St Leonard’s forest as a kid in 87 and 91 were fun though! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
1 minute ago, Spikey M said:

Here we go, every hour we move forward the forecast moves the snow another hour away. Every blinking time.

?

It was always going to be in the early morning.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dazza9525 said:

And with hardly any traffic the salt won't get mixed with the snow to melt it. Nightmare road conditions tomorrow I reckon! 

On 24 January here near Dorking the A25 was gritted the night (Saturday) before and there was a sharp frost.  Snow started at about 0900 and was 12cm deep by 1115.  The road was covered as if it hadn't been gritted at all.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, 3cats said:

That would make my little boy very happy. He’s already asking what time can he get up in the morning

Admit it, it’s you asking isn’t it?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Wind is starting to acquire a bit of a cold bite and sky is taking on a bit of an orange tint, even though it is no where near cold enough for snow.

People with weather stations, please keep the observations coming - especially those in the north of the region as transition is not that far away now!

Pretty Boring here atm expecting the crashing soon hopefully

13z 8.2c

14z 7.5c

15z 6.4

16z 6.3c

17z 6.2c

18z 6.3

19z 6.1

Pretty Meh

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Best of luck Stu, your in a good place to end up with 10-20cms from this, could be more if the winds stay more NE for longer.

Make sure you get some good photos for us lot in the barren green lands further west! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

52 here, 50s is the new 30s these days! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
2 minutes ago, Downpour said:

Darren Bett

Looks gutted on the 1928 forecast.

”worse conditions” lol. 

Looks very good for most of our region. 

DB will play it down to the bear minimum he can.. proper anti-cold !!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

What a great feeling for a change to go to bed listening to the rain on the window knowing that it's only a matter of time before the wind starts howling and the temperture drops and slowly the rain starts to turn into big fluffy snow flakes... Very excited ?❄

So much better than the marginal stuff we've suffered or when we get a little snow but you know that the back edge of it is turning to rain and bringing in the mild muck..

I know I'm gonna make the most of it when it does finally start to fall from the sky and I will just gaze at it and take it all in...

Then in the day ofcours get out and enjoy it with the kids at last..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
2 minutes ago, Downpour said:

Darren Bett

Looks gutted on the 1928 forecast.

”worse conditions” lol. 

Looks very good for most of our region. 

There’s a real bias with some of them isn’t there?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, tight isobar said:

My friend I never use apps..@hate em I view model Synoptics and evolutionary traits.. I merely used those as examples of your quotations. And I’ll stick with my prognosis... ciao ☝️?‍♂️

Well i really hope that your right but i just don't see it. As a pilot i know how far forecasts and reality can be at odds. As has always been the case and always will be the case all become clear in due course and in truth nobody knows how much will be on the ground this time tomorrow.

• Like 2