• Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Cold air is coming south!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Lamb chops for us!

it’s raining ever so lightly now here. Will the wet ground stop the snow from sticking? IF it does snow!!!!

sorry couldn’t resist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
26 minutes ago, Dami said:

Rib eye. chips and onion rings. 

I've just had that but added garlic mushrooms too lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Evening! 

Had a busy day today cooking and cleaning but kept up with all your posts! 

to be honest I can’t see much getting this west (Farnham, Surrey) but who really knows!? 
it’s raining at the moment a balmy 6.2 do 5.8 

left over keema curry plait with home made flaky pastry, proper Chips and curried baked beans in the Cunningham household!! 

I hope some of you get a dumping!!

Posted

Looking very good. Just popped into north east thread it's already snowing in lowest parts of Sheffield. Met office and most models didn't have it transitioning to snow there until 9pm suggest uppers are colder than modelled or under cutting quicker.

Also the precipitation in North east is heavier than forecast suggesting models have under modelled convection as cold uppers move in.

Kold do you think with it already snowing in North east 3 hours before modelled we will see same down here from midnight ish?

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, pinball wizard said:

Not so sure about that ... Anyhow back to the snow.. Ipswich probably in one of the better spots over the next 24 hours, another six hours or so of rain before it starts to turn white. A lot of surface water about now so going to make the job of gritters more difficult later tonight. Would expect to see accumulation by 03.00am.

I am ?? Would love to be in Ipswich this weekend though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
3 minutes ago, Hurricane Squad said:

Temperature rapidly falling, seems pretty high though don't know how accurate the reading's are though. 

16126356262876073575470059240588.jpg

That's a nice display on your weather station - can you tell us what make/model it is - Cheers

Posted
Just now, saintkip said:

Haha lets agree to disagree on that one (football) . Hopefully you guys down in Hampshire get something, I've family in Basingstoke so be good to see them get some.

Posted
2 minutes ago, pages said:

Looking very good. Just popped into north east thread it's already snowing in lowest parts of Sheffield. Met office and most models didn't have it transitioning to snow there until 9pm suggest uppers are colder than modelled or under cutting quicker.

Also the precipitation in North east is heavier than forecast suggesting models have under modelled convection as cold uppers move in.

Kold do you think with it already snowing in North east 3 hours before modelled we will see same down here from midnight ish?

It maybe the 2nd part of your post answers your question. Its snowing earlier because the convection is stronger which is dragging down the colder air quicker. Will it be the same here?

Hard to know as we have very different dynamics going on down here. Possible but I wouldn't bank on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
3 minutes ago, saintkip said:

I feel for amazon delivery drivers that work around my way! Where I am in SWF most deliveries come from the Ipswich warehouse (despite being quite far away and there are nearer ones), that is going to be quite a tough drive tomorrow.

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 1

Posted

So rather than trawling through a million posts, what are the current indications for the west of the region? I know it's more of a nowcast scenario, but do I expect in Bedfordshire to gain more than 1-2 inches? Or is the system tracking any further north or west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

That’s pretty pale for the West no ?

Less out west yes , I’ve never seen any forecast that showed anything more either . Pretty much the whole region has some settling lying snow though and the models are notoriously poor at streamer set ups too . In my opinion there is no reason to be despondent and every reason to be optimistic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
5 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

I've just had that but added garlic mushrooms too lol 

yummy! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Haha lets agree to disagree on that one (football) . Hopefully you guys down in Hampshire get something, I've family in Basingstoke so be good to see them get some.

I see your folk are playing my team a week Tuesday! Bristol Rovers! We are terrible! Let’s hope for a decent dump tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

You've probably bumped into me a few times if you get the train to Greenhithe a fun night shift in store for me tonight with an adverse weather warning out some trains cancelled but so far none of our area

Might well have done, normally off at Stone though, keep an eye on the trains tomorrow  eh

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dan the Man said:

So rather than trawling through a million posts, what are the current indications for the west of the region? I know it's more of a nowcast scenario, but do I expect in Bedfordshire to gain more than 1-2 inches? Or is the system tracking any further north or west?

I'd prepare yourself for 1-3cms to be honest at the moment. Thats not to say a surprise can't come up but you aren't in a location thats going to be far enough east to get the constant wave of showers, and you not in an area that looks exposed to streamers, so your going to depend on maybe tonights front and then maybe any lines of convection that work through later on Sunday. Beyond that and it will come down to whether any convective bands work through. They may well do, but equally they may not. 

I'd go into it with a low starting expectation, and it over performs, great!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
Just now, Kentspur said:

Very promising latest BBC weather forecast for all the region with quite a considerable extension West, I'm not sure whet either clipping Kent and Essex part came from?  I notice the Amber area now says 10cm+ instead of 5-10cms and she said for the first time 20 to 25cms in places!!! Bit of a ramp from Louise Lear there!!

Goodluck southeasterners

I'm in a state of excited anticipation lol

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Euro 4 12z is fantastic - all the region involved at some point. Over a foot for Kent - parts to the south of London looking at 20cm (streamers).

Hows Surrey looking??

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Being on the Sussex coast I have conditioned myself to avoid disappointment.

1.Expecting no coverage as I awake in the morning and a rain/sleet mix falling from the sky.

2.Rain and sleet gradually turning to snow by lunchtime and NOT sticking.

3.From about 3pm light snow will start to stick and light coverage by nightfall.

4.Monday morning.Light flurrys continued overnight,so I have a Monday morning  total of just over an inch.

I would be peeved if it plays out worse than that,and delighted if any of the 4 above ideas improve!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
4 minutes ago, dallas said:

Might well have done, normally off at Stone though, keep an eye on the trains tomorrow  eh

I finish at 6am will post on here for you or PM you if I hear anything mate will be an interesting drive home tomorrow morning thats for sure my road is a steep gradient down to the Thames ⛷⛸

Edited by Kentspur