Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
Just now, slater said:

It’s very touch and go for us, I think as it stands maybe a little more optimistic then 6 hours ago, our best chance is Monday and Tuesday with the showers 

Met office has heavy snow all day tomorrow and Monday but the latest itv Anglia video forecast has barely any. We are only just in amber region. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, slater said:

It’s very touch and go for us, I think as it stands maybe a little more optimistic then 6 hours ago, our best chance is Monday and Tuesday with the showers 

Hello and welcome! Does this help?

92721F9B-EC1B-4BF4-B1B6-3811F6E0A548.jpeg.867a66430c2a06ab690cd5d475e12745.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Get the impression this weekends event will be disappointing for many except coastal parts of EA, Essex and Kent.

Seems to be shrinking in size with not much chance of inland snow.

Edit. Apologises was looking at more IMBY so much firther inland. 

Edited by Chiltern_Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
3 minutes ago, North Easterly Breeze said:

Getting decidedly chilly here in SS7

Yep I noticed that too, just boosted the heating up!! Not long now, I'm gonna stay up tonight  its too exciting.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
5 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

Bloody Met Office app changing its mind about every 10 minutes it seems...

Pal that will jump and twitch every hour or so.. as the seniors monitor the occlusion.. and the overall transition... keep out of there ya drive yaself nuts mate

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
1 minute ago, tight isobar said:

Pal that will jump and twitch every hour or so.. as the seniors monitor the occlusion.. and the overall transition... keep out of there ya drive yaself nuts mate

I so want it to happen for my boys!! they are sooo excited 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chiltern_Blizzard said:

Get the impression this weekends event will be disappointing for many except coastal parts of EA, Essex and Kent.

Seems to be shrinking in size with not much chance of inland snow

It definitely won’t just be a coastal event. Not sure where you’re getting this info from?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
Just now, winterfreak said:

I so want it to happen for my boys!! they are sooo excited 

Your in about as good a spot as anyone trust me!!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

It definitely won’t just be a coastal event. Not sure where you’re getting this info from?

From looking at the models drift slightly south east over the past few days. Apologises, should of been clearer it won't just be coastal areas but those much further inland i think it will be marginal. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

It does seem as if this cold spell may end with a whimper rather than a bang, with temperatures gradually rising, rather than a dramatic, frontal change.

I'm not being funny, but flooding wise, that would probably be best. However I'd argue, it doesn't look like ending at all. It will however, and I'm 100% sure whatever is showing now isn't the final out come.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
11 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

When I just asked her if it'd snow tomorrow, My Alexa just said to me "look, stop asking me the same question, I've told you yes, idiot". 

In all seriousness, while I love all this technology at our fingertips, being able to see the model runs and interacting with other snow lovers on this forum, there is a part of me that misses the innocence of the 80s. I remember January '87 well. I was a 13 year old and the first I knew it was going to snow was when I looked out the window at the lamppost. I sat there for ages just watching it! Always seemed to start snowing early evening back then from what I remember although that's probably wrong. 

The 2 or 3 days we got off school were so exciting and mainly were spent sledging down the steep fairway on hole number 2 at our local pitch and putt course (which sadly isn't there anymore). We'd have a quick 30 minute break to go home and have lunch, change socks and gloves and be back out for the afternoon. Halcyon days that live long in the memory. Here's hoping you all get some snow. Enjoy it, take loads of pictures and make the most of every moment. My kids have no idea what's coming so here's hoping to see some happy faces in the morning. 

I heard they had to close your local pitch and putt because some kids kept using the fairway of hole number 2 for sliding their sledges down.

• Like 1

Posted

I've just told a friend who is very excited about the prospect of snow and always believes me ahead of any media forecasts, that there has been a complete turnaround and we are now expecting drizzle and 3C.

Am I a bad person?

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Current temp on the Davis 7.7c dp 6c  the drop has, begun

Posted
Just now, Stu_London said:

I've just told a friend who is very excited about the prospect of snow and always believes me ahead of any media forecasts, that there has been a complete turnaround and we are now expecting drizzle and 3C.

Am I a bad person?

You’d better hope that doesn’t happen!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Am I a bad person?

why did you do that lmao

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Canvey currently 7.1 degrees 6.2 dew point, ENE wind, humidity 94%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Am I a bad person?

Definitely lol.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

ARPERGE for tomorrow afternoon. You can see it has drifted further South East compared to a few days back where the spread was far further west. Im hoping im suprised. 

Later in day looks like some showers to pop up and Monday some potential too. 

Screenshot_20210206-162628_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Chiltern_Blizzard
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
25 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

It does seem as if this cold spell may end with a whimper rather than a bang, with temperatures gradually rising, rather than a dramatic, frontal change.

I take it you’ve not seen the afternoon runs or the MO long range updates then?