Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

I am on the edge of the snow band here in East Hants, though the met app has continuous light snow for me from 1am-8pm. 

Some are worrying how far west the snow will get but surely with a 40mph+ North east wind as forecast on the BBC the chances of showers not reaching East Hants, Surrey, W Sussex is pretty unlikely? They won’t have time to fizzle out! 

The snowplough is on the tractor now anyway. My prediction is 2inches here, but fairly academic due to the drifting. 

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

Be less smug. It is never guaranteed. Could well still rain. Some charts show this already.

47 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

Be less smug. It is never guaranteed. Could well still rain. Some charts show this already.

Rain in the SE this afternoon will turn to snow late evening. After that you wont see any rain for 4-5 days

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
6 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Everything slowly dropping away now... and as highlights via North Sea vision.. the wind .. veering easterly now @incoming @points @isobars @humidity index....@incoming

078A7717-6478-4597-BBB5-6BF0B176767E.pngOn view the potential for the front to make further inroads... clearly developing..

D307786E-843D-4E22-9CD7-ACE6A6054766.png

04920B83-5B01-4E7F-A7CC-B053E6F46BAC.png

98DA34D9-E04A-4831-B7B8-F444C70D5AF6.png

There are gonna be a few surprises here!!... classic fluid situation developing.......☝️

• Like 6

Posted

I suspect that the situation once the easterly sets in is going to be very fluid and almost impossible to model. Human input and experience will count for far more than models over the next few days 

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, kevey said:

Just had a dramatic hail shower here out of the blue 

That IS rare; they more often come from the grey!

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Ian Docwra said:

That IS rare; they more often come from the grey!

But above the grey, its blue......

• Like 2

Posted

Hello. I’ve been lurking on this forum for the past year but decided to sign up now. I’m in Norwich norfolk. Is it looking good here? Some forecasts say heavy snow and some say light. I’m a snow lover so I hope we get lots. Thanks 

• Like 3

Posted

It does seem as if this cold spell may end with a whimper rather than a bang, with temperatures gradually rising, rather than a dramatic, frontal change.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Rain in the SE this afternoon will turn to snow late evening. After that you wont see any rain for 4-5 days

Careful thou, would not be the first time for "egg on face". Then they never listen to you in future!

Posted

Well this is not going to be a non-event for me at Stansted but probably wont see more than 2-3cm. Very optimistic 24hrs ago but much less so now. Oh well, back to the rugby. The thing is and what i have to keep reminding my self is that charts are just charts and that the weather will do what it does and it gives pays no heed to any prediction.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Here we go :D :D 

Clipboard02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

When I just asked her if it'd snow tomorrow, My Alexa just said to me "look, stop asking me the same question, I've told you yes, idiot". 

In all seriousness, while I love all this technology at our fingertips, being able to see the model runs and interacting with other snow lovers on this forum, there is a part of me that misses the innocence of the 80s. I remember January '87 well. I was a 13 year old and the first I knew it was going to snow was when I looked out the window at the lamppost. I sat there for ages just watching it! Always seemed to start snowing early evening back then from what I remember although that's probably wrong. 

The 2 or 3 days we got off school were so exciting and mainly were spent sledging down the steep fairway on hole number 2 at our local pitch and putt course (which sadly isn't there anymore). We'd have a quick 30 minute break to go home and have lunch, change socks and gloves and be back out for the afternoon. Halcyon days that live long in the memory. Here's hoping you all get some snow. Enjoy it, take loads of pictures and make the most of every moment. My kids have no idea what's coming so here's hoping to see some happy faces in the morning. 

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Thought it was happening early lol nothing like a clean car ready for the snow

Screenshot_20210206-160811_Ring.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
4 minutes ago, Cookiedough said:

Hello. I’ve been lurking on this forum for the past year but decided to sign up now. I’m in Norwich norfolk. Is it looking good here? Some forecasts say heavy snow and some say light. I’m a snow lover so I hope we get lots. Thanks 

It’s very touch and go for us, I think as it stands maybe a little more optimistic then 6 hours ago, our best chance is Monday and Tuesday with the showers