Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
53 minutes ago, XLNC said:

The front for Sunday looking a little more North and West, might bring east of Berkshire into the play.

Screenshot_20210206-140514_Chrome.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What sun, I have fog, and it's getting thicker all the time.

I'm in NE Hants...had fog all morning and it cleared about 2hrs ago so we currently have sun. I was hoping the fog would stay here too and keep the temps down a bit.

Posted
2 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Does anyone know if the London Heat Island effect is playing a part in models showing a shadow of low snowfall to the south and west of the city?

If that’s the case - is there the possibility that this is overcooked, and due to the pandemic/lockdown there’s going to be less heat thereto disrupt the flow?

Dunno, but I wouldn't want to live in London any more. And that's not even just for the weather!
Let's face it 1 or 2 Deg C makes all the difference. Either it falls as rain, and if it does snow, it lasts less long. Pandemic makes no diff, I would say its the sheer (over)population of the area in terms of dwelling that b_uggers your chances up -- so situtation very normal. If you want decent chances of Snow, do a 'me' and get the hell out of London!

• Like 1

London & South East England weather forecast

Saturday 6 Feb -Wednesday 10 Feb

Headline:

Persistent snow, heavy at times, overnight into Sunday. Bitterly cold.

This Evening and Tonight:

Initial rain or sleet quickly turns to snow overnight, becoming often heavy. Later significant accumulations of snow will occur, especially for eastern areas, with drifting snow likely as coastal gales develop. Feeling bitterly cold in the strong easterly wind. Minimum temperature -2 °C.

Sunday:

Widespread snow and strong bitterly cold winds, the snow heavy at times, mainly across eastern areas. Further significant accumulations will occur, with drifting likely, especially for Kent. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Snow showers or longer spells of snow Monday, with further accumulations and drifting of snow in strong winds. Tuesday scattered snow showers, Wednesday mainly dry. Feeling bitterly cold each day.

Updated: 16:00 (UTC) on Sat 6 Feb 2021

The larest Met update this looks awesome fingers crossed

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Finally! The weather is now coming in from the east, winds are also NE/E! This morning it was coming up from the south, south east

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
16 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Tbf a lot of precip charts I looked at his morning showed very little Central/SW London in stark contrast to surrounding areas, hope all areas get to see some obviously and im sure like you said streamers will occur over these areas too to an extent

Screenshot_20210206-061158_Samsung Internet.jpg

At least del boy n Rodney are gonna get a dusting

AD263ABF-A45D-47A8-A614-BA6B785A8CBA.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
5 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

Dunno, but I wouldn't want to live in London any more. And that's not even just for the weather!
Let's face it 1 or 2 Deg C makes all the difference. Either it falls as rain, and if it does snow, it lasts less long. Pandemic makes no diff, I would say its the sheer (over)population of the area in terms of dwelling that b_uggers your chances up -- so situtation very normal. If you want decent chances of Snow, do a 'me' and get the hell out of London!

Only if you live in zones 1-2/3. Outer suburbs suffer far less from UHI

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

I must try and get some sleep so I don't miss tonight's excitement. Been up for 30 hrs now with only a 1 1/2  hr nap!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
6 minutes ago, E17boy said:

London & South East England weather forecast

Saturday 6 Feb -Wednesday 10 Feb

Headline:

Persistent snow, heavy at times, overnight into Sunday. Bitterly cold.

This Evening and Tonight:

Initial rain or sleet quickly turns to snow overnight, becoming often heavy. Later significant accumulations of snow will occur, especially for eastern areas, with drifting snow likely as coastal gales develop. Feeling bitterly cold in the strong easterly wind. Minimum temperature -2 °C.

Sunday:

Widespread snow and strong bitterly cold winds, the snow heavy at times, mainly across eastern areas. Further significant accumulations will occur, with drifting likely, especially for Kent. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Snow showers or longer spells of snow Monday, with further accumulations and drifting of snow in strong winds. Tuesday scattered snow showers, Wednesday mainly dry. Feeling bitterly cold each day.

Updated: 16:00 (UTC) on Sat 6 Feb 2021

The larest Met update this looks awesome fingers crossed

Am loving the use of the word 'will' rather than the usual 'may'! - the MetO tend to do that only when there is a pretty high degree of certainty. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
12 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

Be less smug. It is never guaranteed. Could well still rain. Some charts show this already.

Really? Which charts - haven’t seen 1! 

• Like 3

Posted
33 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

I assume there must be a directive within the BBC to overegg temperature? Because they always seem to do it.

I really wish they would stop saying "temperatures will struggle" - no they won't; they are not living entities, they are simply measurements and cannot try to do anything. 

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Mizzle said:

I must try and get some sleep so I don't miss tonight's excitement. Been up for 30 hrs now with only a 1 1/2  hr nap!

Now is a good time to get some kip. Nothing happening for, I reckon, 10-12 hours. zzzzz

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ian Docwra said:

I really wish they would stop saying "temperatures will struggle" - no they won't; they are not living entities, they are simply measurements and cannot try to do anything. 

Yeh, just like when the models "struggle"! I decode this as "the models are not showing me what I want to see!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
57 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It definitely will not be rain, once the transition happens.

ah that sounds promising, although only expecting a dusting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

Interesting - the Met Office latest shows temperatures have been rising all day in Kent and are 'now' (1400) at 8C generally.

Well I'm not lying, fog and temp is now 6.7 with a slight ne wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
Just now, abovefreezing said:

That's more like it, Dave! Ashford FTW!

Ashford never gonna win, lacks any kind of altitude and just a wrong spot but this time is gonna be a decent covering from 2am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
Just now, Big Dave said:

41 years old and I feel like I’m a 7 year old on Christmas Eve again. 
Today is going soooo s  l  o  w  l  y 

Can so relate, 50 here, what is it about so many of us grown adults that we get so excited about this! Luckily my kids (week young adults now) have continued that tradition and are looking forward to tomorrow

• Like 3

Posted

Icon 12z just corrects back east on the western extent (over se midlands/W e anglia)  of cover (which takes it back closer to its 00z run) 

Edited by bluearmy
  • Like 1