Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
1 minute ago, TEITS said:

Sorry to hear that. My mum had the vaccine a few days ago which knocked her for six.

Personally I would get some rest as this cold spell will continue for at least 7 days if not longer.

Thank you , yes it’s been a rough night , feel like I have flu. But hey better than covid . Thanks for your answer , might poP my head out curtains later tonight and see what’s happening

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes things becoming clearer ref the changeover to streamer event setting up and hence the warning extention.

Streamer you say?....I’m listening...

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Not a big change ... 

A8319EAB-9A0B-4553-9E47-355737350A10.png

The amber warnings been updated,  but I’m sitting here slightly nervous about tonight now - I’ve a feeling the snow line could be quite defined initially, despite my earlier thoughts. The yellow zone will probably be updated later today or tomorrow - likely to reduce the initial impacts on western parts of the region. On that basis I don’t want to be sat here until late tonight preparing myself for a fall! 

I suspect more western and northern areas will be affected as Sunday goes on and into Monday as it’s looking like the precip band nudges north 

Edited by Matty88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Marie said:

Thank you , yes it’s been a rough night , feel like I have flu. But hey better than covid . Thanks for your answer , might poP my head out curtains later tonight and see what’s happening

Well Marie, going by personal experience, there's no better a flu-remedy, than watching blowing/settling snow!

• Like 1

Posted

The Amber warning is about 15 miles away from me in East Hertfordshire. I suspect I could still be in the game but may even be the snow line point.

Posted

What just happened to all my snow symbols in chertsey! I look dry tomorrow all day now after a bit of snow early hours! Robbing gits!

Edit...addlestone 2mins away still has plenty. So accurate these apps they can pinpoint the snow so accurately!

Edited by Chertseystreamer79

Posted
Just now, Matty88 said:

The amber warnings been updated,  but I’m sitting here slightly nervous about tonight now - I’ve a feeling the snow line could be quite defined initially, despite my earlier thoughts. The yellow zone will probably be updated later today or tomorrow - likely to reduce the initial impacts on western parts of the region. On that basis I don’t want to be sat here until late tonight preparing myself for a fall! 

I suspect more western and northern areas 

I wouldn’t fret over it. Loads of showers and streamers piling in from the east all through Sunday night and Monday and you are in a good spot for those even if the precip goes to your south east early Sunday 

Posted
1 minute ago, Hammer said:

The Amber warning is about 15 miles away from me in East Hertfordshire. I suspect I could still be in the game but may even be the snow line point.

Feel the same here in sussex

• Like 1

Posted

Are we still in with a chance do you think Hammer?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
6 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Where in Chelmo are you?

Up in north Springfield we have had  nothing

BTW I love reading your positive but at the same time realistic posts.

Kind regards

Dave

Cheers Claret  (I assume your name is WHU related rather than the wine????)

I'm out towards Danbury, so a few miles east of you.

Posted

You are ??  Models currently show lighter snow around east Herts / west Essex etc. Might not be as deep as 15 miles east though hence the yellow warning for your area. This could all change on the next set of runs though and it could still shift east or west 50miles ??‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 hour ago, winterfreak said:

My wife just passed by and said why aren't I like normal husbands who view other 'stuff' on the internet!!!

Doesn't share my love for snow at all lol

I sometimes have to sneak off for a quick netweather log on at times like to avoid seeming like a weatherholic!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

Takes me from just outside the Amber to just inside it

That's encouraging. I was expecting the amber zone to maybe move further South away from us. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Is supposed to rain later, will this not ruin the chances of snow settling over the next days, if the ground is wet?

Posted
1 minute ago, exodus said:

Are we still in with a chance do you think Hammer?

Yes I think so but equally we literally might be seeing heavy snow falling 5 miles to east and light for us. IMHO. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
5 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Well Marie, going by personal experience, there's no better a flu-remedy, than watching blowing/settling snow!

Thanks , you have made me smile

• Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

High beach is great. Decent hill and a great tea hut selling pasties sandwiches teas and coffees ??

Thanks John..is the hill near here..?

321F5C9E-9CE9-410B-957F-C170568412AA.jpeg

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

According to the 6z GFS, the cold is still in next Saturday and maybe drawing in something colder from the east?

image.thumb.png.169288c7cf82bbbd9660c409620cfbe9.png

The next 7-10 days really cold be something for this region.

Edited by Ice Day
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning peeps

Well after last night upbeat the nerves are starting to shake again. I could hardly sleep last nights, just so bit concerned  about where I am in NE London Walthamstow. From what I can see it's looking ok but  I am in doubts anyone like to temper my nerves lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

The Amber Warning for tomorrow has shifted about 8 miles westwards on southern end and moved a little further North into Norfolk.The warning has also been extended timewise from 4am tomorrow till 9am Monday morning.Kentspur-If this comes off you will get walloped.My mate lives in West Kingsdown which is now in Amber zone and he COULD receive 25-30cms by end of this warning(hills of north Kent-quote from warning).

This all feels quite surreal atm as it is 6 degrees in Locksbottom not a breath of wind and sunny.Have already tidied garden up ready for the snow.Good luck to everyone and let’s hope this time next week we will be reviewing an epic cold spell for all of us.Those that miss out tomorrow and Monday look out for that feature Icon shows-Tuesday night into Wednesday could provide Hampshire Surrey Sussex and West London with a nice covering-one to watch over next 24-36hours on the models

stay safe

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Thanks John..is the hill near here..?

321F5C9E-9CE9-410B-957F-C170568412AA.jpeg

Just nav to the King’s Oak pub in Epping Forest. It’s there!

IG10 4AE.

But your map is right.

Only thing is, that’s a west facing hill.

I was looking at the OS map and wondering about Loughton Golf Course? 

Anyone tried it?

Edited by Downpour
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Was expecting a huge downgrade as that usual happens next  morning but its looking better and better here in Crawley. Metoffice is adamant we will get continuous  snow from Saturday night to Monday night. And with temps well below zero and staying that way till Thursday/Fridsy  the snow could be around for a while. I'm so excited hhaha. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Is supposed to rain later, will this not ruin the chances of snow settling over the next days, if the ground is wet?

No. When the dew point drops below zero the snow sticks to the surface water and settles. There's a few You Tube videos out there of rain to snow events. 

• Like 4