Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Well..

Tomorrow night and indeed the next few days are looking very, very interesting. 

My guess, top accumulations pushing 40cm. But where?

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Honestly this is how I think it will go down in our region:

Sounds about right, appreciate the thoughts. One thing we have here is some height which might help Saturday night as the band passes through, we got a decent amount the other week when it was rain lower down but it melted quickly. I agree with you otherwise that it's a bit of a lottery as the week goes on, might get lucky. Good luck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
38 minutes ago, Southender said:

Approaching a foot for some lucky eastern coastal areas

3rd UKV going for 20-25cm here mate.

Surely we're approaching a very exciting level here. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
Just now, OzzyUK said:

There is a dedicated Covid discussion area - they are being moved to there.

Yes, I can understand that. So why is there not a dedicated area for posts about the sexual attractions of weather presenters? 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Ols500 said:

who reckons we could see an extension of the amber warning.

Defo, I fail to see how all that snow doesn’t push further into our region. 

Posted
Just now, Mark wheeler said:

I think you answered your own question. I often post in the covid thread and agree that it’s best left there . Exciting times snow wise , I hope you are excited about it too .

I honestly don't think posts about 'beating off' to weather presenters are appropriate,  certainly not on this thread.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
2 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Yes, I can understand that. So why is there not a dedicated area for posts about the sexual attractions of weather presenters? 

Glad I'm not the only one that was finding that all rather odd.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, onepingonly said:

Sounds about right, appreciate the thoughts. One thing we have here is some height which might help Saturday night as the band passes through, we got a decent amount the other week when it was rain lower down but it melted quickly. I agree with you otherwise that it's a bit of a lottery as the week goes on, might get lucky. Good luck!

I think there probably will be a little bit of back end snow on Saturday night, I'm not quite as high as you but at 110m roughly I will have some altitude to work with. Haslemere may well get a decent covering so maybe on the way back from my covid jab I'll take a detour there and have a little look, they did decently last Sunday.

That being said, its not going to be anywhere near enough to justify staying up all night, though I think our friends to the east have a good reason, though they need to make sure they pace themselves since it wont be a one and done job for them!

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
10 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Between 12-3 tomorrow night/Sunday morning

I’m in Orpington just around corner from you what do expect for us Sunday thanks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
54 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Latest Harmonie 

EA4DCF7D-BF7E-434B-9AE3-832831C9F5EE.png

Love that.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Snowman. said:

3rd UKV going for 20-25cm here mate.

Surely we're approaching a very exciting level here. 

To be honest with the last 3 years we’ve had along with others in this region, I said to myself on Wednesday I’d be chuffed with 5-10cm. Genuinely. As long as we hit that I’m happy. 20-25cm is bonkers and probably a once in 10+ years type event. I just hope that most in the region can get at least a light covering, especially those that haven’t seen a flake in 3 years like us!

• Like 8

Posted

I'm really not sure how Sunday will go in this part of East London. We could get lucky with either the front or a well aligned band of showers and end up with somewhere close to 10cm. Alternatively we could be on the Western edge or just north of the front which will cut off the convection too. 

I'm not one for giving up on models to just peer out the window, but given that these things can move 50 miles from modelled even one run before the event, I don't think I'll be convinced by any call until I see the radar echoes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
2 minutes ago, kate1 said:

I honestly don't think posts about 'beating off' to weather presenters are appropriate,  certainly not on this thread.

I apologise whole heartedly , certainly didnt mean to offend anyone.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wow , Hardly that , you have some imagination.

Believe me, I'm not that imaginative - the comment I was referring to has now been deleted. And the person who posted it has apologised, so let's draw a line under it and just look forward to some hopefully amazing weather..... that's what we're all here for.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wow , Hardly that!!! you have some imagination.

Someone did say something like that actually , if you haven't seen it, may be it's gone. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 minute ago, kate1 said:

Believe me, I'm not that imaginative - the comment I was referring to has now been deleted. And the person who posted it has apologised, so let's draw a line under it and just look forward to some hopefully amazing weather..... that's what we're all here for.

Apologies seems I missed something 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
15 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well my Google weather has sleet at one am and snow storm at two am. Although obviously you can't really go by that. It'll be easier to say from tomorrow evening's high Res output.

At least this time around we only need to focus on the radar and not worry about the temps and dp!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
21 minutes ago, kate1 said:

I completely agree with you @kate1 I’ve literally just sent my message to the mods, in a reply a comment a made earlier today.

I had expressed my unhappiness about a comment made about another member last night and other comments previously, Yet that comment was removed instantly!

In private I expressed my unhappiness about comments made in this forum and was told that it would not be allowed!! However, clearly “beating off” over a weather girl is acceptable!

However, in the same time I’m writing my response those same messages are probably being  removed to prevent any repercussions!

John

Edited by John Stevens
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Well..

Tomorrow night and indeed the next few days are looking very, very interesting. 

My guess, top accumulations pushing 40cm. But where?

Southend 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Southender said:

To be honest with the last 3 years we’ve had along with others in this region, I said to myself on Wednesday I’d be chuffed with 5-10cm. Genuinely. As long as we hit that I’m happy. 20-25cm is bonkers and probably a once in 10+ years type event. I just hope that most in the region can get at least a light covering, especially those that haven’t seen a flake in 3 years like us!

With you here Southender.  Looks like our best shot in years.  I’d take 10cm but if 20-25cm are on offer, with maybe more to come then Wow

• Like 4