Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
8 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Personally, I very much can, in my back door thats a shocker, barely even a dusting from that one verbatim. That GFS would fail even my tiny expectations.

Though its obviously going to not be seeing any streamers or anything like that may make a difference.

I think it looks good further west, deffo reaches Hampshire 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

The weather never appears to believe or obey what the models suggest.

I've only said that for the last goodness many years. Nature does what it does, nothing digital about it whatsoever  

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Solid 20cm by the end of Sunday 

Monday to Wednesday god only knows all down to luck of the streamers after that

And then the breakdown whenever that might be

Exciting times

Wowsers. Love it Paul, love it. 

Edited by Vesuvius
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Solid 20cm by the end of Sunday 

Monday to Wednesday god only knows all down to luck of the streamers after that

And then the breakdown whenever that might be

Exciting times

Love the excitement on your post. Pinching myself that this is actually happening. 
I normally have to go to Finnish Lapland for my snow fox each year

If the streamers are anything like 2009 (8inches of snow) I’ll be over the moon!!

• Like 2

Posted

There is a definite trend in pushing the cold further into next week too - it’s either going to turn into an epic slider or end with a bang and give a widespread dump Thursday into Friday (maybe later). This upcoming spell is far from defined as yet... more fun and games to come even after Sunday I suspect. 

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Marie said:

Well I hope your right

would be happy to see falling snow though, and if it's all that happens i would be happy.  Lets see eh? but fingers crossed for the far south coast that it gets into the action for the coming days.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, saintkip said:

I think it looks good further west, deffo reaches Hampshire 

The snow band itself barely makes it this far west, literally a dusting on the GFS, what we get are the showers that can packing through Sunday evening.

That will obviously be much more luck of the draw and the GFS snow cover for our region basically stays at 1cm the whole way through (which is clearly better than nothing!)

Obviously if your at risk from a Thames streamer then if the band doesn't give the goods your probably struggling to get much beyond a dusting unless the showers really do pack through.

18z GFS does have a good snow event down the line and holds the cold over the UK!

Posted
1 minute ago, john mac1 said:

Love the excitement on your post. Pinching myself that this is actually happening. 
I normally have to go to Finnish Lapland for my snow fox each year

If the streamers are anything like 2009 (8inches of snow) I’ll be over the moon!!

Lol the Irony of all this 

I had a flight booked for 1325 out of Gatwick to Tromso to see the Northern Lights departing Mon 8th Feb

Obviously that has been cancelled now due to Covid but the Uk might see more snow than Norway and the flight might have been cancelled anyway, funny how things work out

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Interesting FAX for Monday! More snow incoming!

Clipboard02.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
Just now, MAF said:

would be happy to see falling snow though, and if it's all that happens i would be happy.  Lets see eh? but fingers crossed for the far south coast that it gets into the action for the coming days.

Yep I just want to see falling snow and I will be happy , don’t get me wrong if it wants to dump 4 inches then fine I just don’t want to be greedy

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Hi peeps

Hope everyone is well and safe, been a busy day so bit late to the party. Was a nice day here in Walthamstow today you would have believed spring was here that's till this evening when we had a few heavy showers come over.

Anyway just saw the extended BBC forcast and peeps it looks as if the Southeast is going to get hammered. Starting tomorrow night in the late early hours the snow starts piling in and this is heavy snow the presenter was saying. This snow keeps on coming all day Sunday all the way to Monday. She even said come Monday there could be another area of heavy persistent snow. Tuesday looked dryer but might stay freezing all day. Then Wednesday looked like the snow showers return. It's only by the end of the week we see the southwesterlies come in.

This is really beginning to look like something even I was in two minds before but I am feeling lot optimistic now. Also from the forcast looks as if the more east you are the better you will do. 

Perps we got just tomorrow to get through aproimately 30 hours and counting down fingers crossed hopefully us starved of snow here will finally get what we have been waiting for. 

Stay safe all

How well do you think we will do in Stow on Sunday? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol the Irony of all this 

I had a flight booked for 1325 out of Gatwick to Tromso to see the Northern Lights departing Mon 8th Feb

Obviously that has been cancelled now due to Covid but the Uk might see more snow than Norway and the flight might have been cancelled anyway, funny how things work out

yeah, but we won't see the northern lights in SE england. . i'd rather see the lights than snow  

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

I have to say, a maximum temperature of -2 on Tuesday is impressive!

227E7B36-1FD1-4B32-BE31-A9CB43EF4391.png

Crazy cold spell it has to be said!

Some places with snow cover are going to stay sub zero all week easily.

Further west with less/no snow maxes probably somewhere in the 0-1c ballpark, with mins easily sub zero to give a mean even there decently below freezing.

If we can draw in a SE airflow it will go even colder towards the end of the week, even without snow cover you'd be looking at -1/2c, with snow cover, probably closer to -4c!

Bitter!!

• Like 5

Posted

Can I ask some of the more experienced model gurus what they think I am going to get in snow for the North Downs here in NW Kent?

Will my little 4wd Yeti get me out come Monday ? 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Marie said:

Yep I just want to see falling snow and I will be happy , don’t get me wrong if it wants to dump 4 inches then fine I just don’t want to be greedy

nothing greedy about it, falling snow is soooo nice to see. settling or not i love to see it actually snowing. when it snows it is so quiet and peaceful, then it just becomes loud and horrible as it freezes and gets all crunchy and loud  

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Can I ask some of the more experienced model gurus what they think I am going to get in snow for the North Downs here in NW Kent?

Will my little 4wd Yeti get me out come Monday ? 

Your gonna get smashed where you are, your probably about 20-30 miles SE of the current expected hotspot. The north downs in your area will probably have some pretty large numbers by Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Quick question, be interested to know how many weather apps do you have on your phones? I have 3 Met Office, BBC and Weatherbug.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
4 minutes ago, Marie said:

That is exactly how I feel! - the best thing about snow for me is watching it fall, I love it the day after when it's crisp and white but hate it when it gets sloshy and brown.....

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

GFS 18z maxes on Saturday 13th!!

image.thumb.png.bf06db4bd18899f0583ba1800616e7c3.png

Nearly a week of sub zero temperatures if that came off!

Edited by Great Plum
Auto correct!
  • Like 1

Posted

are we there yet?

two more sleeps. one and a half if you are up silly o'clock sunday morning. 

either way... time for bed for me. night all  

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Interesting FAX for Monday! More snow incoming!

Clipboard02.jpg

For which parts sorry I don't understand these

Posted

The beauty of this upcoming week for me is not knowing what might pop up where and when. 

Kinks, streamers, merging bands of snow, emerging troughs, big battlegrounds a possibility, ice days and a wind chill to cut your b*****ks off!

It's like a merry go of all our favorite buzz words coming at you from all directions! 

Prizes for many...jackpots to be had too! 

About time too! 

Enjoy peeps! ❄❄❄❄❄

• Like 9