Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes some in here will be seeing Red come Sunday

But the Majority will be happy Steve

The only red I hope some see is a red weather warning!

Given my expectations (see picture earlier!) if I can't even get that then there will be sad times haha!

• Like 4

Posted

Read the forum for years but hardly post - sorry.

Who was the guy who used to have the 1-10 snow scale, had some amusing descriptions at each level?

Personally, I'm hoping for 3 inches in Epping, if I get more then I'll be a very happy chap.

• Like 3

Posted

Hi Guys

I'm not expecting anything but a slight covering here on Saturday night / Sunday morning but am planning on radar viewing to watch it dribble down and hopefully turn from rain to snow; then wake up the wife and say "I told you so..". Is anyone else planning an all nighter tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, OzzyUK said:

Read the forum for years but hardly post - sorry.

Who was the guy who used to have the 1-10 snow scale, had some amusing descriptions at each level?

Personally, I'm hoping for 3 inches in Epping, if I get more then I'll be a very happy chap.

That would be the Murr snow scale I believe.

Edited by Weather Wonder
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Can’t quibble at the GFS 18z pub run - not at all. Game on for EA, SE and into East Midlands tomorrow night and Sunday bring it!

Personally, I very much can, in my back door thats a shocker, barely even a dusting from that one verbatim. That GFS would fail even my tiny expectations.

Though its obviously going to not be seeing any streamers or anything like that may make a difference.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
11 minutes ago, Downpour said:

Any news from the Croydon Borough?

I assume the Army and the Royal Marines are on standby? @yamkin ??

Believe it or not, if Croydon Council or any other council required assistance from the army, the government would deploy the army right away 

All gritting teams have all been briefed and the gritters are all primed & loaded.

The crucial part for any gritters is to not grit whilst it's raining as the grit will just wash away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Hi all. Took a slight break from the forum, looks like I chose the right time to come back.!!  Haven’t got much to add re tomorrow night/Sunday as it’s all been said before so I’m just extremely excited!

I will be doing an all nighter tomorrow for sure, staying up late tonight to adjust my sleeping pattern so I can radar watch tomorrow evening. How exciting.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

I dont mind 15cm Sunday as long as its melted for my commute Monday

Not this time, anything that lands Sunday is staying around for a while, especially where it's left alone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

GFS 18z showing East Norfolk and Suffolk to be the hotspot (around 20cm in places). Streamers directed around the Thames and Wash afterwards (10-15cm for areas close to the Thames and towards parts of Northamptonshire/Rutland (hillier parts).

This differs from other models regarding the organised band of course.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty Winter said:

FWIW the GFS 18z is still pushing the system on Sunday further NW resulting in most of our region seeing a decent amount of snowfall from storm Darcy. I guess I can dream, it’s a shame that the GFS is so isolated with its track of the low.

Hope everyone that hasn’t seen any snow so far this winter is able to see a decent amount this time. Things are looking great for our region overall this time round.

B9980BD8-E7AC-4E06-9F0C-598E6CDD89C1.thumb.png.cc0922c237610f150a2ea42ea376f504.png6D821A17-B19E-48FD-9B68-CAA5022232FB.thumb.png.5796f8eac6de4bc6407141e32d6cb9b1.png

The weather never appears to believe or obey what the models suggest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
6 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

I'd expect Brighton to get an inch or two at least over Sunday and Monday

Well I hope your right

Posted
13 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes some in here will be seeing Red come Sunday

But the Majority will be happy Steve

What do you reckon Paul for our neck of the woods ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Not this time, anything that lands Sunday is staying around for a while, especially where it's left alone.

Work from home day then. Oh well , if its good enough for the design office, its good enough for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. METO and BBC keep switching from heavy snow to light snow.... calm.... breath.... 

At least it's not swapping between heavy snow and heavy rain.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Believe it or not, if Croydon Council or any other council required assistance from the army, the government would deploy the army right away 

All gritting teams have all been briefed and the gritters are all primed & loaded.

The crucial part for any gritters is to not grit whilst it's raining as the grit will just wash away.

Fingers crossed there isn't a complete breakdown of public order due to aggressive lockdown-breaking mass snowball fights in South London that leads to this:

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 22.15.11.png

Posted
28 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

It snowed most days in Guildford during the BFTE. Blowing snow with wind chills down to -15°C. ❄️

Found this explicit amber warning in my camera roll 

IMG_2107.thumb.jpg.7feae552dce59a484d81ec7aec1f6def.jpg

I signed up to the Netweather forum especially to reply to this. Here's a screenshot I saved from Met Office site on 16th Feb 2020. Work experience kids? !

Met office 16-2-20.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Marie said:

Well I hope your right

Fingers crossed but you should be far enough East to catch some. I have friends in Brighton and know its often difficult to get the right conditions there for snow but genuinely think you'll be happy by this time Sunday. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Marie said:

I just want to see snow !! We haven’t had a flake in such a long time 

well fingers crossed, but please don't expect anything and then hopes won't be dashed

• Like 1

Hi peeps

Hope everyone is well and safe, been a busy day so bit late to the party. Was a nice day here in Walthamstow today you would have believed spring was here that's till this evening when we had a few heavy showers come over.

Anyway just saw the extended BBC forcast and peeps it looks as if the Southeast is going to get hammered. Starting tomorrow night in the late early hours the snow starts piling in and this is heavy snow the presenter was saying. This snow keeps on coming all day Sunday all the way to Monday. She even said come Monday there could be another area of heavy persistent snow. Tuesday looked dryer but might stay freezing all day. Then Wednesday looked like the snow showers return. It's only by the end of the week we see the southwesterlies come in.

This is really beginning to look like something even I was in two minds before but I am feeling lot optimistic now. Also from the forcast looks as if the more east you are the better you will do. 

Perps we got just tomorrow to get through aproimately 30 hours and counting down fingers crossed hopefully us starved of snow here will finally get what we have been waiting for. 

Stay safe all

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

GFS 18z showing East Norfolk and Suffolk to be the hotspot (around 20cm in places). Streamers directed around the Thames and Wash afterwards (10-15cm for areas close to the Thames and towards parts of Northamptonshire/Rutland (hillier parts).

This differs from other models regarding the organised band of course.

GFS pushing a decent amount of showers into the SE on Monday morning and through the day. The ICON has shifted towards that solution as well which is interesting.

Previously the models had a more NE slant to the airflow but have now shifted a little ENE faster.

Could be a very snowy sunday night and Monday if the GFS is correct.

• Like 9