Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 minute ago, Arrows1986 said:

How you think we'll do bill

it takes  20 min on a good day  hate to think how long its going  to take on  monday   not looking forward to it  one  bit

Posted

Well here in Bromley I’m certainly pinning my hopes on a Thames streamer, but maybe my Kent postcode will get me some good stuff for Sunday . I know it’s said above but I reckon the models are underplaying convective stuff tomorrow within “Storm Darcy” so I’d say I’m still confident

Posted
8 minutes ago, jules.p said:

Put you post code into the search

Cheers

Posted

Meopham for me around 32cm by Midday Monday then topping out at 45cm by Midday Wednesday.

I really think this will be hit by the triple whammy of snow band, Mid Kent Streamer and the bottom of the Thames Streamer.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Looking forward to seeing what totals the favoured areas get by Monday night.

It's slightly frustrating where I am as we're within farting distance of the traditional jackpot zones, but will be more than happy with a decent covering, as I've seen pretty much nothing of note for three years

24 hours until radar watching starts for a solid two days! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As I was working outside today in the lovely sunshine today it felt inconceivable that just 36 hours later it could be snowing??.We hit 11.2 here in Locksbottom and was wearing just a t shirt from 12-2.30!I said on here Tuesday night that I would wait to all runs of Thursday before I would comment on what late Saturday night onwards might hold for SE thread and although things have firmed up there is still a bit of difference between the models.The possible snow event on Sunday is one of those events that could give Southern Suffolk Essex East London and most of Kent a real good dumping of 10-15cms widely but I still have a worry that if it shifts any further East then it would just be coastal fringes of these counties that get these sort of figures while other inland areas  would just get maybe 1-2cms.Hopefully this won’t happen but it cannot be ruled out altogether.

What I am more confident about is streamers setting up from late Sunday though to Tuesday and hopefully these will spread well inland on a strongish ENE wind and in addition to the above counties mentioned above then Surrey could also be hit by these streamers.There will also be other developments that won’t be picked up till maybe 12 hours before the event due to the instability of the atmosphere occurring between Sunday-Tuesday which may well give snowfall to those that wouldn’t expect it.

All in all things look promising for this thread,espicially for those the further East you are❄️Good luck to everyone and maybe more so to those who haven’t seen a flake yet.I really hope come Sunday morning will be the start of a good 4-5day cold spell that may extend to a 6-7 day spell if this evenings ECM is to be believed.

stay safe

• Like 9

Posted
34 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

I would say going to the Ashdown forest will be a better location some car parks that are exposed to the north east. 

Not ‘local’ enough under Covid restrictions 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

Looking forward to seeing what totals the favoured areas get by Monday night.

It's slightly frustrating where I am as we're within farting distance of the traditional jackpot zones, but will be more than happy with a decent covering, as I've seen pretty much nothing of note for three years

24 hours until radar watching starts for a solid two days! 

I reckon we will do well, although I’m a lot closer to the Suffolk border.

• Like 1

Posted

18z ICON quite a bit colder behind the first frontal band coming down on Saturday. This is because the model this time focuses on the back band rather than the front. If the first front gets the energy, its game over further west. If the back band gets stronger first, then that is game on.

This gives a better covering for those further west compared to the 12z ICON. So thats is good for those outside of the main threat zone further west.

Because of the stronger forcing further west, the eastern area is weaker on the 18z ICON, though still plenty of heavy snow, so don't panic!

However this model has been flip flopping all over the place.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Meopham for me around 32cm by Midday Monday then topping out at 45cm by Midday Wednesday.

I really think this will be hit by the triple whammy of snow band, Mid Kent Streamer and the bottom of the Thames Streamer.

That’s me. Oh how I hope that you’re on the money 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
26 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Looking a bit better for my neck of the woods

Hope you’re right mate it’s a rare thing snow in Cambs off an Easterly. It was looking good yesterday but now as usual it’s trended a bit East for my liking .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

With Bluebell Hill to my left and Meopham to my right, i'm gonna look forward to this in my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, Downpour said:

Definitely 3 Feb 2015, have found it on my phone. It was bizarre, a really thin band of snow. Chingford Plains covered in the morning but there was nothing in Tottenham or in Chigwell as I recall: it was that thin a band! Think it was a Wash Streamer but can’t recall the set up.

Ah right that’s quite odd! I was actually living in Ilford back then, moved to Chingford in September of that year. Probably why I don’t remember it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
8 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

I reckon we will do well, although I’m a lot closer to the Suffolk border.

Hope so, we all deserve it in this region after this winter! 

I called 7 to 10 cms earlier for here by Monday night, I think we'd be unlucky to see any less and that goes for most in our area around the Amber zone. 

Know your neck of the woods well, used to train for football up there when I lived in Braintree. Love that part of the county. 

Edited by Number 23
  • Like 1