Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
14 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Couldn’t make it up for us on the south coast ahahahaha  

A2304217-5670-4663-8D80-12F34E5CB2B6.jpeg

ignore it we will see snow here too with ne wind ,might even get a south coast streamer ,if wind veers more SE like in 2009 streamer we got.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow
1 hour ago, Marie said:

Ok ,covid vaccine done which I’m really pleased about now to chill out for the weekend with a few drinkies and watch the snow fall on Sunday sledges at the ready guys 

Best of luck - my covid vaccine knocked me for six

• Like 2

Posted

People are getting too caught up on each run, the latest metoffice forecast for our region is amazing, jez if I fail to get snow in the next few days it will be the biggest let down ever 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Textbook Thames streamer there for Tuesday on that run!

The winds are ENE by that point so that seems like a very likely period for us to tap into any streamer.

Be fantastic to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Nimbusman said:

Didn’t realise this was the UKV until Tim mentioned it but here’s the latest. Lots of action for all the region: 

Ouch it goes purple, there's gonna be some trouble with the nice looking white stuff this time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Took a couple more pictures with my camera of the evening clouds sinking away with the rain can be seen falling from the second one in the distance.

image.thumb.png.c7171268823d5561f92926970c065c79.pngimage.thumb.png.47517e49d93b4a3f1b47801c029c9321.pngimage.thumb.png.ec34f40ad3e68f4685d8f304661a5d66.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
3 minutes ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

Best of luck - my covid vaccine knocked me for six

Yes heard a few people say that , not got anything to do this weekend anyway apart from Hopefully watch snow fall .I would rather feel a bit crappy fit a few days then catch covid anyway

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
Just now, Marie said:

Yes heard a few people say that , not got anything to do this weekend anyway apart from Hopefully watch snow fall .I would rather feel a bit crappy fit a few days then catch covid anyway

Have to say I didn’t notice anything when I had mine neither did my sister or parents, quite an age range 75-43 years as well!

Anyhow almost feels like spring out there now, lovely evening sky tonight!

13D2CC1E-73C2-4C90-A35B-F363415C7854.jpeg

0626F692-ADD0-4F99-8074-72094E7235EC.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, craigore said:

My bbc app has us down for 34 hours of heavy/light snow from 3 a.m sunday through till monday late afternoon.

Will more snow Symbols for monday night/Tues.

Starting to get proper Excited..

Yeah your in a good place, especially on Sunday and the first half of Monday as the winds look a little more NE compared with Monday night into Tuesday where the winds shift more to a ENE.

Could see some pretty constant showers into lots of Kent on Sunday and Monday before it shifts down the Thames. I suspect the Amber warning will need to be shifted westwards at least for Kent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
27 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Couldn’t make it up for us on the south coast ahahahaha  

A2304217-5670-4663-8D80-12F34E5CB2B6.jpeg

Sadly not good @ coastal significance!!!.. however I’d expect 50 miles or so inland from the coast-and as per previous post from say reading eastward... the amber alert extension.. as we gain.. @24/48hr window!.. 

Edited by tight isobar
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
2 hours ago, SLEETY said:

Met office credibility down the pan if we see any lying snow on the Sussex coasts, as showing nothing, they are WRONG BTW if you are living near Sussex coast

Similar situation in 2009 and 2010 got nearly a foot here, when forecasts went for hardly anything. Best bet look at the real-time radar

I didn't understand it when I looked at the Met office warnings.  It doesn't ring true to what I am seeing on the charts (or reading what other people are seeing) and going by the past.  Got hammered in 2009 and 2010.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

Have to say I didn’t notice anything when I had mine neither did my sister or parents, quite an age range 75-43 years as well!

Apparently it's worse if you already had covid, which I have.

I had my jab at 11am on the day. By 3pm I was ready for bed.
The next day I felt exhausted and run down, and felt like my arm had been hit with a crowbar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

For everyone worrying about whether we'll see showers and streamers setting up, just cast our minds back to that Easterly last month that was unfortunately not quite cold enough.

We were worried there would be a lack of activity, and eventually the majority of us got stuck under rain for 2 consecutive days. At the time Europe was just unfortunately too warm for it to be snow.

So even if we do miss out from the low on Sunday, I'm fairly confident we'll see lot's of activity pushing in from the North sea. Definitely keep an eye on that radar! Obviously some will get luckier than others, but everyone stands a chance!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
Just now, Gonzolio Martinez said:

Apparently it's worse if you already had covid, which I have.

I had my jab at 11am on the day. By 3pm I was ready for bed.
The next day I felt exhausted and run down, and felt like my arm had been hit with a crowbar.

Sounds awful, and wonder why that is though, some virus related biological thingy I suppose ? Anyway hopefully you’ll have bounced back to enjoy the snow ⛄️!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
2 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Sadly not good @ coastal significance!!!.. however I’d expect 50 miles or so inland from the coast-and as per previous post from say reading eastward... the amber alert extension.. as we gain.. @24/48hr window!.. 

Hi   Do you think the are underplaying it here or are we really that marginal on the coast.  I am expecting upgrades going by what I've seen but now am not so sure..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Before I get stuck into following the wrong thread, is Oxfordshire usually classed as South East for snow purposes, or are we South Midlands? Or does it depend on which was the wind is bringing the snow?

So excited about Sunday, literally like a small child....

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
1 minute ago, Alpine glow said:

Hi   Do you think the are underplaying it here or are we really that marginal on the coast.  I am expecting upgrades going by what I've seen but now am not so sure..

I don’t think it is as marginal on the south coast in an easterly.  The South Downs may act as a buffer though, taking the last of the heavier precipitation away

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

GEM looking good for streamer activity:

image.thumb.png.b9859e64af40f0920f5ef3b83660b6f0.png

image.thumb.png.b5bce5a56480d1fb5d41c6c962b8caad.png

Edited by danm
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Does anyone remember that year when they gave a "RED WARNING" danger to life in parts of Kent? Yet it didn't snow at all! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This feels like a plume that’s had the eastward shift, just winter style!! 

Looking like we could be trending to the less risky scenario, but less reward, and see streamers. This may bode better for us further in the week, as more cold should be flooded in and further South. We could see another blizzard possibly on Thursday. Good luck all. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

GEM looking good for streamer activity:

image.png.97b579c10f174ab80c0bc7be7c351692.png

Yep, these is a strong signal for a mid Kent streamer for Sunday evening into Monday (some are going quite strong with this feature, could well be 15-20cms in North Kent regardless of the general snow on Sunday) and then a Thames streamer Monday night into Tuesday as the winds shift ENE. EVen the global models like GEM and the GFS have a clear signal for this.

Even the ICON which is useless with inland convection has got a reflection of a streamer on Tuesday! Thats pretty rare for it to have any convection inland and maybe reflective of quite strong localised convection.

• Like 1