Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 minute ago, snowking said:

It shows how spoilt we have been by recent output that I’m pretty underwhelmed by the 12z ECM. Looks good for the eastern half of the region though. On to the next run!

Have to solemnly agree with you on this, anyone West of Cambridge is looking very sketchy on latest runs for Sunday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
6 minutes ago, londonblizzard said:

Anyone else quite enjoying the fact that this will be a cold spell *not* affecting france and central western europe? 
Always get a bit envious when we have a easterly cold spell here and it just looks even colder with our neighbours on the continent, like in 2018 

When you look at the snow and 850 charts, the French cold lovers must be very envious. France is basically missing out on the cold and snow altogether!

gfs-16-132.png

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
4 minutes ago, londonblizzard said:

Anyone else quite enjoying the fact that this will be a cold spell *not* affecting france and central western europe? 
Always get a bit envious when we have a easterly cold spell here and it just looks even colder with our neighbours on the continent, like in 2018 

Looked to me like the near continent is due quite the dumping, esp. the Netherlands  

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
Edit: sorry I just noticed you said Western Europe :-)
  • Like 1

Posted

To be honest, I'd love just a few days of lying snow and the chance to hopefully get the kids out on the sledge this Sunday (while it's still snowing!). That would be perfect. If there's nothing else after that then so be it - I'd rather people were able to get out and get this vaccine than be unable to get anywhere because of the weather for days on end. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Looked to me like the near continent is due quite the dumping, esp. the Netherlands  

Netherlands is going to get hammered, but theres a pretty defined southern limit to the cold across europe for this cold spell. Luckily the english south coast just about stays in that limit, at least until midweek 

Posted
Just now, Ols500 said:

Id be up for a slap bang in the middle home countries thread, literally just Surrey  anyone else with me

You know what - that would actually be amazing

Still not sure which region I belong to

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ols500 said:

Id be up for a slap bang in the middle home countries thread, literally just Surrey  anyone else with me

We could call it ‘Shantsex’

• Like 1

Posted

Regional news under playing this look east just said 5-10 cm the models seem to show this and more? 

Posted

I’ll definitely take this forcast for next week!

It looks like it’s finally our turn in EA/SE after a few near misses recently, not to be greedy but I want 10cms as an absolute minimum

75B8A102-9001-40D5-BE89-0D02F366DB49.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
24 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

I've heard labradoodles don't like snow all that much

I have had labradoodles for years and I have to say they all have pretty much liked the snow , not so keen on water though ?‍♀️

• Like 2

Posted

Don’t split the threads! Whenever that’s happened in past cold spells some end up super quiet and everyone just ends up going into each other’s threads to look at the photos and to see what’s going on and if the snow is moving their way.

Why can’t we just share what’s going on? And this coming from someone a mile from the English Channel who will probably see next to nothing! I want to see all the EA photos of snow please ⛄

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

I haven’t  been able to view the ECM..

all good after the GFS 12z wobble???

• Like 1

All I can say Peeps is the following:

1   its a week now we been following the path of this cold spell. We have survived all week and up to today it's still on. Could have so easily been a bust but we are still on the cusp.

2     we need to get through the next 2 days and we are hopefully there. So fingers crossed there is no major hiccups in the output tomorrow or Saturday .

3.  On the downside there is still time for this to fall apart so we got to have that in mind

4.   Finally as far as snow goes how much will fall and how heavy it will be, will keep changing till we get there. So I say let's get through the first hurdle that is to get the cold in and then worry about the snow

we are all sitting still on the edge it's just 2 more days to get through. Please may there not be any major downgrades this has been a verily long week and a very long wait.

fingers crossed we are nearly there

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ols500 said:

Not a problem, with the epicentre ten miles south of you!

• Like 1

Posted

ECM ensembles are all over the place on Sunday, EA is pretty good on a large number of them, but for other areas there is considerable uncertainty with regards to the location of any snowfall

Anything from a EA only event to a snow event covering the entire region is on the table, also some are further north, and a few are so far east even E.EA struggles

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
40 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Oh for goodness sake grow up. We will get what the weather Gods want us to have. 

What the bleep has logging out of a forum got to do with growing up? All this coming from someone who believes in weather Gods :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, Marie said:

I have had labradoodles for years and I have to say they all have pretty much liked the snow , not so keen on water though ?‍♀️

What lovely dogs labradoodles are... you can roll around the floor with them, and they never bite! Just big slobbery things?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Ok just come off the mod thread, Has it all gone tits up for us? And why?

Not that I can see they just seem more worried about it ending before its arrived 

• Like 2