Posted
1 minute ago, snowspotter said:

Steve Murr tweeting the GFS a load of rubbish >> 

06788E77-9584-4B7B-9BCA-1B985BCDBF78.png

each to their own  

where would we be without opinions. including your one above  

Edited by MAF

Posted

Well, I've jinxed it now, ordered a little coat for the dog to keep him warm on his snow walk;)

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

Steve m is very experienced and been around for a while so tbh his opinion is worth taking. Just saying lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
8 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

I certainly miss an SMU post in here but I think he was also one of the last to accept a downgrade.   

Hope the downgrade doesnt turn into a bust.

Now who do I need to pay to secure that GEM run?

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

Lol, I thought it was all sorted.. snowmageddon etc etc and lo, it isn’t. You can’t make it up. 

'Making it up' is exactly what many are doing by choosing the models that fit their wishes!

Posted

Do you think being on the coast in Suffolk will make much of a difference to snow depth? With the temperatures being as they are (at 0) I'm surprised snow depth charts still tail off accumulations about 5 miles in from the coast still?

Posted
1 hour ago, Coopsy said:

Latest met office forecast for the weekend....

There could be a real mix of emotions saturday into Sunday in here.

Currently it looks like north of London doing very well based on this forecast but a slight tweak and the extreme south east could also be in with a chance. 

Rain graphics for Kent on Sunday. Wasn’t expecting that ??‍♂️

Anybody from Bedford Eastwards to EA looks solid for at least a covering Sunday with EA still very much the sweet spot to pick up a good/decent covering. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, SHM040519 said:

I swear if all we get is cold rain, I will never follow a potential cold spell again. On paper, this is perfect for east kent!

I don’t blame you . If a set up fails with 48hrs to go it really would be a complete and utter shambles 

• Like 1

Posted

Yh one saving grace is its the worst model giving the maginality GFS as everyone knows is dreadful with modelling and usually gets slapped back into line kicking and screaming. 

Another thing on our side is no onshore flow for most of the SE until maginality does not matter Monday onwards and only the very Eastern tip of Kent might need to worry with the NNE aspect of winds during Sunday 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
31 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I know it's just one model... and just one run... and it is only Kent (MBY though!!) but every downgrade starts somewhere with just one model, just one run, just one region... 

image.thumb.png.d2ee3d189d80d432123917a844956968.png

I need to move! 

This will cheer you up!

1919877434_viewimage(1).thumb.png.9cfb62519ffca9774c967347b3f93fa8.png 1050300929_viewimage(2).thumb.png.3f5e67aaa67721fddcdd6c925c710a29.png

293359342_viewimage(3).thumb.png.5014c4b39be203c83504df7378404bec.png 43131904_viewimage(5).thumb.png.89ea711648ea4c9692c114b7345d1f7b.png viewimage.thumb.png.d222408ddfee909157a1fdbe808da2e8.png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
Just now, Polaris said:

Rain graphics for Kent on Sunday. Wasn’t expecting that ??‍♂️

Anybody from Bedford Eastwards to EA looks solid for at least a covering Sunday with EA still very much the sweet spot to pick up a good/decent covering. 

Yeah but some models give kent snow though. So it really is a wait and watch as a few miles either way will make a lot of difference to a lot of people 

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh one saving grace is its the worst model giving the maginality GFS as everyone knows is dreadful with modelling and usually gets slapped back into line kicking and screaming. 

Another thing on our side is no onshore flow for most of the SE until maginality does not matter Monday onwards and only the very Eastern tip of Kent might need to worry with the NNE aspect of winds during Sunday 

well that puts us in thanet into marginality, but bbc and meto for ramsgate show light snow all day on sunday

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

This will cheer you up!

1919877434_viewimage(1).thumb.png.9cfb62519ffca9774c967347b3f93fa8.png 1050300929_viewimage(2).thumb.png.3f5e67aaa67721fddcdd6c925c710a29.png

293359342_viewimage(3).thumb.png.5014c4b39be203c83504df7378404bec.png 43131904_viewimage(5).thumb.png.89ea711648ea4c9692c114b7345d1f7b.png viewimage.thumb.png.d222408ddfee909157a1fdbe808da2e8.png

It certainly does and I keep reassuring myself with such charts but at the back of my mind i always have this nagging doubt that every big bust, always starts with "just one model, just one run", just one region... and ends up in total pandemonium (in here at least).  

But for now... it is, "just one model, just one run". 

Posted

Feeling reasonably happy about my location. East Herfordshire/West Essex border. We are not always ideally placed whatever direction the snow comes from, albeit I guess lots of people say that.

But possibly in a decent position, albeit at this stage outside of the sweet spot.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Yeah but some models give kent snow though. So it really is a wait and watch as a few miles either way will make a lot of difference to a lot of people 

Definitely @Coopsy 

Those weather graphics will change 4 times over in the next 24 hours 

• Like 1

Posted

Very much wishing I was in EA right now.   Some great pics should come out of there in 3 days time.  

Posted
5 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

well that puts us in thanet into marginality, but bbc and meto for ramsgate show light snow all day on sunday

Am sure all will be fine 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
38 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I know it's just one model... and just one run... and it is only Kent (MBY though!!) but every downgrade starts somewhere with just one model, just one run, just one region... 

image.thumb.png.d2ee3d189d80d432123917a844956968.png

I need to move! 

Don’t forget us in E Sx Dave!

That latest MO video is a bit of a concern. Would be a real kick in the n**s for us if our corner maintained our record so far this winter of not even seeing a snowflake.

• Like 3