Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Tonight’s 12z  UKMO and ECM are showing for northern half tonight what they showed yesterday for the SE & EA re snow fest

the exact positioning won’t be known until Thursday I say 

honestly in nearly 20 years one thing I can honestly say NWP models are not worth looking past hrs outside general patterns , really waste of time . The one thing tonight charts fit in more what the Meto been saying .

Edited by southbank
Spelling
  • Like 2

Posted

Amazing how people say in 200 hours it’s mild. No one knows what will happen. One thing that is sure, with an easterly, usually we do well. Let’s cross our fingers and toes. 

With reference to Tom Moore. RIP however, he flew to Barbados in December. Was it good to put his body through that? I know tho I’d take the offer of a free holiday!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Guys come on this is the regional thread not the mad thread we don't need to throw toys out here. Keep calm and carry on less of the sniping please. I always think this thread is nice and calm but I am not like the tone over the last few posts.

Remember it will flip flop lots. Are we always chasing nirvana yes..... it will or it won't 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
6 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

Amazing how people say in 200 hours it’s mild. No one knows what will happen. One thing that is sure, with an easterly, usually we do well. Let’s cross our fingers and toes. 

With reference to Tom Moore. RIP however, he flew to Barbados in December. Was it good to put his body through that? I know tho I’d take the offer of a free holiday!! 

It was something he wanted to do to tick off his bucket list... RIP

• Like 4

Posted

So apparently the ECM ensembles have the low pressure a little further east than the OP, maybe that will allow more cold air to wrap round some snow showers...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Please keep discussion in here respectful of other members and on-topic. This thread is for discussing the weather and how it impacts us here in the SE & EA. Off topic posts have and will be removed. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snipper said:

Well you seem nice. If you look it is South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Quite right - I thought I was in another thread!  I'm new so still navigating the site!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

After early rain cleared a very pleasant almost springlike day here in Locksbottom and we had mildest day of the year at 12.5 (11.7 previous mildest day).Tomorrow looks pretty miserable though with rain for Sussex Kent Essex and Greater London getting heaviest bursts(why can’t it work like that for snow?).This will clear early mid afternoon  and hopefully will dry up.Temperatures for SE Thread will be 9-11 tomorrow so not as mild as today.

Like others have said things not looking great for SE with impending cold spell which starts in the North from Friday.However,such fine margins atm and just a 100 mile southward shift would make a huge difference to all of us.The models are chopping and changing after each run so do not despair yet as I don’t think we will know till late Thursday if we are in the game for snow and even then things are subject to change.Keep the faith

stay safe

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, MAF said:

no its the regional thread and some of us discuss more than weather in a community occasionally. but i agree, i find it hard to tell what people post about the weather in the far future as opposed to what may happen in 2 -4 days time. and even that timescale can be unreliable when there is unpredictable weather  phenomena occurring

You're quite right - I quoted the wrong thread topic there, but I just thought that it had wandered away from weather of any kind and the posts were more suited to the general chat/Covid areas.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ok then, in non Corona Virus vaccine news.

TBH, not totally impressed by the 12z Model runs.

Time for the much used cliche, "More Runs needed."

Below, is a Video clip of MeteoGroup's, Weather for the Week ahead, courtesy of Helen Willetts:

Weather for the Week Ahead - BBC Weather

But remember, Helen's Forecast is based on the 00z ECM Run, and not the 12z. 

You can see from the ECM 00z and 12z runs below, that the animated graphic for Day 10 (t240), matches the 00z Run and not the 12z run:

ECM 00z Fri 12th Feb                                ECM 12z Fri 12th Feb

image.thumb.png.343d0696904882a246bc9ad225b4fa71.png  image.thumb.png.98f68a6f666d907de503cfec3432d6e7.png

I know the Broadcast is called "Weather for the Week ahead" but MeteoGroup like to go a bit further out, with their Forecasts.

Sorry to be a "Party Pooper" but I'm too long in the tooth, to think that a very cold, Wintry spell, is nailed on just yet.

I personally, need more convincing from the Models.

Hopefully, they will resolve this drama in the next couple of Days but having been a NW Member since January 2005, I've seen too many of these Holy Grail Synoptics, go pear shaped just a few Days out, from the expected commencement of Cold and Wintry Weather.

Regards,

Tom. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Paul said:

Please head down to the covid threads to discuss that, thanks. 

thank you @Paul i did try and object to the post but it got removed as i was typing my reply. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

On a lighter note (and I mean light snow) it’s going to snow on Sunday albeit for not to long!!!

3569E738-550B-4761-9E7C-167A5A31E02B.jpeg

Posted
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Ok then, in non Corona Virus vaccine news.

TBH, not totally impressed by the 12z Model runs.

Time for the much used cliche, "More Runs needed."

Below, is a Video clip of MeteoGroup's, Weather for the Week ahead, courtesy of Helen Willetts:

Weather for the Week Ahead - BBC Weather

But remember, Helen's Forecast is based on the 00z ECM Run, and not the 12z. 

You can see from the ECM 00z and 12z runs below, that the animated graphic for Day 10 (t240), matches the 00z Run and not the 12z run:

ECM 00z Fri 12th Feb                                ECM 12z Fri 12th Feb

image.thumb.png.343d0696904882a246bc9ad225b4fa71.png  image.thumb.png.98f68a6f666d907de503cfec3432d6e7.png

I know the Broadcast is called "Weather for the Week ahead" but MeteoGroup like to go a bit further out, with their Forecasts.

Sorry to be a "Party Pooper" but I'm too long in the tooth, to think that a very cold, Wintry spell, is nailed on just yet.

I personally, need more convincing from the Models.

Hopefully, they will resolve this drama in the next couple of Days but having been a NW Member since January 2005, I've seen too many of these Holy Grail Synoptics, go pear shaped just a few Days out, from the expected commencement of Cold and Wintry Weather.

Regards,

Tom. 

May I ask why your posts are in bold?  I'm new to the forum so I've probably overlooked something obvious.  Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Really could have done without that ECM operational.... aged me terribly....

image.thumb.jpeg.e219b9a9520426f5ffc5475ba4c04c46.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice

ECM 12z mean bringing us back into the game again.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ian Docwra said:

May I ask why your posts are in bold?  I'm new to the forum so I've probably overlooked something obvious.  Thanks.

Apologies but I find the colour of the text, a bit "wishy washy", and hard on the eyes. 

1 minute ago, exodus said:

That's how he has always written his posts.... Pretty much the norm

Thank you exodus, I've been making my posts bold for a few Years now.

Regards,

Tom 

• Like 3

Posted

just a thought @TomSE12, but maybe write up your post in an editor (MS word as an example) and then post in an un-bold text. 

this is not a criticism in any way, just some people have trouble with the bold font as much as others dont  

Edited by MAF
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Rain really hammering down here at the moment.

It seems that we in the south east are the demons and devils of Netweather & need to be exiled and separated off, lots of sizeable chips on shoulders as far I can see but evenly balanced on both shoulders for the majority of those taking offense... Anyhow onwards and upwards I won’t comment further, Teflon coating required..!! 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MAF said:

just a thought @TomSE12, but maybe write up your post in an editor (MS word as an example) and then post in an un-bold text. 

this is not a criticism in any way, just some people have trouble with the bold font as much as others dont  

I'll try and get on with that Mick.

I had a Stroke 5 Years ago, and my eyesight still isn't that great.

Regards,

Tom. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Rain really hammering down here at the moment.

It seems that we in the south east are the demons and devils of Netweather & need to be exiled and separated off, lots of sizeable chips on shoulders as far I can see but evenly balanced on both shoulders for the majority of those taking offense... Anyhow onwards and upwards I won’t comment further, Teflon coating required..!! 

Not just me then who’s noticed a little them and us against south east.. you don’t see for example a north v West Country attitude.... 

for balance the vast majority in the mod thread are fine... and accept a little Imby is bound to happen regardless of location.. just a few vocal chippers

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

I'll try and get on with that Mick.

I had a Stroke 5 Years ago, and my eyesight still isn't that great.

Regards,

Tom. 

well go with whatever suits you mate. as i said, i am not criticising,  just appreciate some people have different ways. 

• Like 1