Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Latest BBC forecast shows up to 14c tomorrow afternoon on their map and 10c Wednesday. ah well....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Note nothing about this upcoming weekend from BBC lunchtime news and didn't think they would considering they use the latest ECM on their forecasts. Helen Willetts just referring to possible further flooding (oh joy) and snow further north but no so exclusive to elevated areas.

Just glad we've got the abhorrent January out the way, I wonder what the rainfall figures will be in our region? probably a tad colder than normal but a month I'd like to forget.

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, fatyido said:

Latest BBC forecast shows up to 14c tomorrow afternoon on their map and 10c Wednesday. ah well....

It was always forecast to be warmer mid-week. If ( and it is a very big if) we get the cold in down here, the earliest we would see the effects is from Saturday or Sunday. Personally, I use the Met Office forecast for temperature. Not always perfect but a damn sight closer to the final result than the BBC!

Today continues on the overcast theme, currently 4.5c.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

It was always forecast to be warmer mid-week. If ( and it is a very big if) we get the cold in down here, the earliest we would see the effects is from Saturday or Sunday. Personally, I use the Met Office forecast for temperature. Not always perfect but a damn sight closer to the final result than the BBC!

Today continues on the overcast theme, currently 4.5c.

Overcast with a mist here, been misty since before the rain yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Binsey72 said:

Well I’ve been let down loads in Kent so far so I’d imagine it’s going to be rain , hope I’m wrong but expect rain and then you can’t be disappointed!!

Same - nothing laid on the ground here so far this winter. Except the worst and we can only be pleasantly surprised if it is better

• Like 1

Think I'm the only one looking forward to some double digit temperatures over the next few days! 

Weekend onwards looks interesting for some colder weather and perhaps some snow at some point - probably won't become clearer until later this week (although that won't stop some issuing guarantees of one scenario over the other on the module output discussion) 

Posted

disappointing met office update ,WINTRY showers possibly moving in from the East next week,the snow word from earlier updates been removed.

Looks like deep-cold air maybe not making it now along with powder snow etc

Been the most unluckiest,frustrating  winter down here in SE,if they are correct.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

They have blizzards in New York......I'm sure 'they say' we get snow 7 - 10 days later??  Just wishful thinking I guess.  Utterly miserable here; really can't wait for some warmth now.  First lockdown was so much better as we could sit outside and enjoy the sunshine, this weather just makes me bored and tired 

Posted
1 hour ago, fatyido said:

Good.. 4c and muck serves no benefit and I still need to out heating on.

Personally if we are not bordering on ice days I find the cold soggy messy rather annoying and long for it to be warmer

Edited by TSNWK
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Quite a good chance of the beast coming off now, assuming that a 40% Chance is good which at this stage is good I think.

Anyway just a short update for me today, one of those days where I can't be bothered.

Xander

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, snowrye said:

Boat, you know it's all going to go belly up, it always does for us, you could run every model a thousand times, and every model run, bar 1, will show cold, snow galore, but that 1 run showing rain, will be the right 1 lol

Go for a waterproof, boat-shaped sledge and you'll be set!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud has cleared nicely over the past hour to leave mostly clear skies and some sunshine. Quite chilly with temperatures of just 5c.

The chance of some leading edge snow tonight as the front moves in for those who like staying up late. Tomorrow will be much milder.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The cloud has cleared nicely over the past hour to leave mostly clear skies and some sunshine. Quite chilly with temperatures of just 5c.

The chance of some leading edge snow tonight as the front moves in for those who like staying up late. Tomorrow will be much milder.

It's so dark already the lights are on, looks like it should rain soon (radar says no).
There's still over an hour until sunset. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

MetO is going for Easterly Winds by this weekend which is very encouraging indeed ❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter

Models last Friday (other than ECM) were suggesting the cold would be in this Friday with added snow risk and now three days later we are looking at Sunday or Monday in the south east at the earliest.  For me it's always a worry when the colder weather stay's 7 days or more away as there is then a chance of other influences negatively affecting our prospects.  After so many promising charts this winter , I'm feeling very pessimistic today despite the METO week ahead forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The Hypocrisy is on going in the Model Discussion thread I see! I posted a screenshot, with detail, with the wind direction and their thoughts on the upcoming weather for this weekend from the BBC forecast and it was removed with a remark from the admin. Yet countless times now, I've seen screenshots posted of the forecasts and it was allowed. Even the latest MET OFFICE online video forecast! - Which I haven't posted because I didn't think it was allowed?

Seems things haven't changed much in all my years being here lol

I see it's been removed! 

Edited by Neilsouth

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

It’s a bit difficult getting excited about the charts and potential snow depths that are being indicated at the moment on the charts (if they ever happen).  Being a kid who was in secondary school in the ate 1980s in the ‘north’, it was about waist deep drifts - not the 5-10 cm levels being progged for next weekish.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

The Hypocrisy is on going in the Model Discussion thread I see! I posted a screenshot, with detail, with the wind direction and their thoughts on the upcoming weather for this weekend from the BBC forecast and it was removed with a remark from the admin. Yet countless times now, I've seen screenshots posted of the forecasts and it was allowed. Even the latest MET OFFICE online video forecast! - Which I haven't posted because I didn't think it was allowed?

Seems things haven't changed much in all my years being here lol

Yes the Mods have to very careful with quite a few very delicate flowers in there. 

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, If Wishes made Weather said:

It’s a bit difficult getting excited about the charts and potential snow depths that are being indicated at the moment on the charts (if they ever happen).  Being a kid who was in secondary school in the ate 1980s in the ‘north’, it was about waist deep drifts - not the 5-10 cm levels being progged for next weekish.

More like 30cm on the 12z for your location - and severe gales to boot

But 120hrs is like a life time in modelling terms right now

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Right back in the game on the 12zs - GFS and UKMO going for a pretty extraordinary event for our region from Sunday. 

Legs it to mod thread to see snow charts...

• Like 2