Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - is the beast awakening?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
1 minute ago, swilliam said:

It is nearly always an exact replica of the UKMO 120 chart - looks like it to

Yes that's true , hoping we seem some sort of coming together this time tomorrow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

The gfs is reload after reload,...Fantastico

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
1 minute ago, tight isobar said:

We seem to have both unheard of senior meteorologists that no1s ever heard of!?...and weather mediums. With Crystal balls on board tonight????

Wtf

love it

thats good right !!

Ian mccaskill will always get my number one 

do you see the ECM falling in by the 0z mate or a slow burner to a halfway house

cheers tight 

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

GFS 18z // doesn’t follow it’s brother and puts the oomph into the northern of the two lows I mentioned earlier, the one that affects the UK, so we won’t see a Cobra run off of this...

89074498-AB31-4A41-A7B2-8325E6158AA9.thumb.png.179b806d093ee313c6cfe719023c1509.png

You might want to check again Mike, at T132 it looks at least as good as the op!

• Like 5

Posted

By 300 hours plus the GFS gets so sozzled it falls of its pub chair and hits its head on the floor. So far out to be irrelevant but in deep FI some of the most bizarre charts i've ever seen.

So, tonight looking much better. For much of UK cold is 'almost' a given but for the far south / south east its still on a knife edge so for those of us in the SE in particular get ready with the headache tablets in case the morning brings a hangover!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Chasing Snow
2 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

GFS, on top of everything else, delivers a lovely purple rabbit at T312

A7D585C4-FEF8-47BC-B983-54E5038D9617.thumb.png.d24cf108262678c0c950b58d97bb8da1.png

A duck if you tilt the phone to the right and an rare artic hare facing the opposite way. ❄❄❄❄ 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
Just now, Griff said:

Not strictly model related (sorry mods) but I vowed not to check in here or the charts today and give myself a day off...  

never mind 

was worth it griff

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

How about flatliners, we're into extasy here!! good few nearing the -15 mark - is the tide turning in our favour.

image.thumb.png.737b7dd15320fcee50efe97160d448a9.png

There’s some tasty runs in there! Mean is -8.5 in the south and there’s some -15 members in there for next Sunday !

17239BBA-1553-4FBC-8DD6-524C230DFD99.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

The op and control side by side at 180...

gfsnh-0-180.thumb.png.2b8f0b4b4714ace74cec681552bda1f8.pnggensnh-0-1-180.thumb.png.c58e26e7f68ef902f28fce8af6b37e55.png

Case of spot the difference there, Si!  

What has stuck me about this upcoming spell of weather, which admittedly hasn’t happened yet, let’s not forget that, is it isn’t just a Greenland ridge or a scandi high that is being progged, it is a full-on cross polar flow, complete slice and dice of the trop vortex.  This doesn’t happen very often and we still need to play to luck that we’re on the right side of it but it is awesome synoptics being shown, so interesting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
5 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Wtf

love it

thats good right !!

Ian mccaskill will always get my number one 

do you see the ECM falling in by the 0z mate or a slow burner to a halfway house

cheers tight 

It's got to align sooner or later imo..00z could be the suite...tomorrows 12z should answer 1 way or other...against competing outs...gfs etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

I'm sure 12 hours extra on the para is not going to make it turn from day 6 to day 10.

I hope so but we will see in the next day or 2 whether it gets watered down then the great charts come back around day 9 or 10.

just for once I really hope these kind of charts make it and come off I mean that would be simply amazing 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
6 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Complete joke of graphics and did not even fully reflect this mornings ECM run. Most of Scotland is forecast to remain in the cold air yet you think they are forecast double figures going by that chart. The deepness of the yellow/orange colours is also misleading. 

Anyways if the low does not faff on like the GFS is showing then it will be dark blues on the weather maps and not yellows. Goes to show if everything does come together, you can get some very good results on a cold POV. I don't think today's ECM is that bad, snow potential I'm sure but no deep cold and as some mention, it's alot more risky longer term if the low did stay parked over the UK. 

That isn't the Wednesday chart that Nick Miller is showing on the BEEB website though - apologies wrong timeframe 

Edited by MJB

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

I hope so but we will see in the next day or 2 whether it gets watered down then the great charts come back around day 9 or 10.

just for once I really hope these kind of charts make it and come off I mean that would be simply amazing 

You're  right we are not there yet, we need to get this inside 72 hours, but it's the strong favourite right now

• Like 2