Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - is the beast awakening?

Paul

Posted

In BBCs defence even though they use old ECM data.. she did say that “cold air could win out” - 

really poor really to use one model and not a blend like MetO.. 

on that note.. great 18z also I hear 18z ECM is also pretty good❄️

• Like 3

Posted

It's all in FI. SEVEN days out. La-la land for sure. This wouldn't be the first time professional forecasters directly contradict these dodgy models. Guess who is normally right.

Watch it get pushed back each day. I've got my safety helmet on, in case of flying toys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos

image.thumb.png.4563851d0827522e80289df0de0a8d0b.png

Stunning run ...........love it to have support

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
1 minute ago, abovefreezing said:

It's all in FI. SEVEN days out. La-la land for sure. This wouldn't be the first time professional forecasters directly contradict these dodgy models. Guess who is normally right.

Watch it get pushed back each day. I've got my safety helmet on, in case of flying toys!

I'm not so sure , I have seen a forecast from SKL and NM both saying colder at the end of the week 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer
5 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

BOOM!

image.thumb.png.742340aba1d361c450aeec516e19a503.png

Just when you thought we couldn't get anymore upgrades we have Feb Boooooming. All we need now is Crewe on board and it's game set and match

IMG_1927.GIF

• Like 8

Posted

Really rather crazy run from the 18z GFS, definitely a noteworthy cold spell this run.

Ensembles just starting to trickle out, I'm going to let them go out a little further before passing judgement, but they look ok broadly out to 108hrs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
16 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Bosh. -12 hpa a plenty and with stored backing...the flow is almost perfect on view....winter proper hits our shores...some bk peddling from certain agencies for sure the next 24 hrs!!!

Your posting like this is actually going to happen... This is just another pub run special which we get from time to time.. Won't be anything like this on the morning run. 

Edited by chicken soup
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

10 days is FI but you're right..it won't come off likes this..let people have their fun though! 

When can we expect your analysis?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Great 18z! 

Hopefully you guys down south will be building snowmen soon enough ⛄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Decemberof2010 said:

Just when you thought we couldn't get anymore upgrades we have Feb Boooooming. All we need now is Crewe on board and it's game set and match

Long way to go still yet, need it or something similar to verify!

Posted
Just now, Arrows1986 said:

10 days is FI but you're right..it won't come off likes this..let people have their fun though! 

When can we expect your analysis?

When there's 24 hours or less in the forecast!

Posted
2 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

You posting like this is actually going to happen... This is just another pub run special which we get from time to time.. Won't be anything like this on the morning run. 

And how do you know? You see in the future?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chicken soup said:

You posting like this is actually going to happen... This is just another pub run special which we get from time to time.. Won't be anything like this on the morning run. 

Yes you’d have to think this must be an outlier in the ensembles and will be moderated by tomorrow am but great fun to look at!

• Like 1