Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - is the beast awakening?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Once the low over the U.K. finally interacts fully with the trough to the east then the cold air will surge in.

Day 6 and again a similar set up to the UKMO

image.thumb.png.7120487351e164ba749729049ae67863.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Snowman. said:

Sorry kold but this comment aged like fine milk 

We should be happy tho either way.

To be fair, you could feel that everyone was holding their breath for what felt like an eternity

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowman. said:

Sorry kold but this comment aged like fine milk 

We should be happy tho either way.

Yep it did, I'm glaf but snowman my concerns remain, thats a very uncomfortable evolution into a cold easterly.

That is one small secondary low away from totally busting for the south and looking like the 06z GFS for example.

Very fine margins indeed.

Now for another prediction snowman. Big snow event on the 12z ECM at 192hrs! Lets hope thats closer to the mark!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looking at the GFS 12Z (which I reckon is probably overdoing things) I was reminded a lot of this classic chart from February 1979:

NOAA_1_1979021506_1.png

The GFS 12Z version isn't quite as cold as that, but considering that Tynemouth had a midday temperature of -3C on 14 February 1979 with a strong to gale force wind right off the North Sea, that isn't saying much.  

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
1 minute ago, ICE COLD said:

A closer look and it’s ❤️

B4A39B74-1419-4757-AB57-FCD8C3CA28C2.png

Wrong colour heart

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

ECMWF at 144h - I'm calling that a victory for the GFS and UKMO and a defeat for the best model.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
Just now, kold weather said:

Yep it did, I'm glaf but snowman my concerns remain, thats a very uncomfortable evolution into a cold easterly.

That is one small secondary low away from totally busting for the south and looking like the 06z GFS for example.

Very fine margins indeed.

Now for another prediction snowman. Big snow event on the 12z ECM at 192hrs! Lets hope thats closer to the mark!

I actually think the 144 was a bit of a fluke tbh, just the slowing of the Atlantic lows was our saving grace allowing a small ridge to pop up and avoid a phasing catastrophe! 

And yes I hope that prediction goes well!

Posted
Just now, Man Without Beard said:

Reasonably close agreement by the three big models tonight. On a snowstorm ?️?️?️

Are we making progress at last? I do hope so.

I think there is starting to get closer to agreement at 96hrs.

Still very much within the margins of error further out though. For example would only require another 24hrs delay on the movement of our limpet low system and the whole game is off, so I'm far from confident at this stage.

Still outstanding, if somewhat dicey, ECM

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

This is the crucial chart coming, d7! How the low to the SE reacts to the incoming undercut?