Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - is the beast awakening?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
3 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

They are still going to come by 132, it's just moved a little to ECM, a half way house between the 00z ecm an GFS would be epic

image.thumb.png.458e5354babb16c84934ac87b7323762.png

Indeed but slowly , but still looks good 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

The iberian height \eastern euro rises playing havoc once AGAIN...this is not permitting lp drop nor clearance as rapid...it'll unfold..but again a pain in the proverbials ...they are!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, MJB said:

image.thumb.png.458e5354babb16c84934ac87b7323762.png

Indeed but slowly , but still looks good 

Let us hope and in some sense I expect that when short ensembles come out that the dark green line is above the pack from the 4th

Posted
2 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

gfseu-0-114.png?6

Atlantic gonna break east?

gfseu-0-126.png?6

Yes the Atlantic is going to get much closer to the UK,

Artic High has pulled north slightly therefore the easterly has no omph at this point, cold air slowly sinking south but will it meet the Atlantic which will slide?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

The iberian height \eastern euro rises playing havoc once AGAIN...this is not permitting lp drop nor clearance as rapid...it'll unfold..but again a pain in the proverbials ...they are!!!!

gfseu-0-126.png?6

What Iberian heights? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
17 minutes ago, Had Worse said:
WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Météociel propose le modèle UKMO à maille moyenne (1.25 degrés) jusqu'à 144h. Cartes de prévision des précipitations, du vent, des températures à tous les niveaux

Depending on what browser you use, you can right click and there should be a 'Translate to English' option.

Okay thanks For that so why does UKMO( use a French site for their charts ) was it due to money cheaper option to go like a farm out type ? 
just to doublecheck UKMO

stands for United Kingdom Met office is that correct .

I thought they had their own super computers that can generate charts and everything like that I know they get good satellite images and use glosea 

so was just curious why they used to French 

. Thank you 

Posted

Clear issues here !!!

Screenshot_20210201-100421.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, offerman said:

Okay thanks For that so why does UKMO( use a French site for their charts ) was it due to money cheaper option to go like a farm out type ? 
just to doublecheck UKMO

I thought they had their own super computers that can generate charts and everything like that I know they get good satellite images and use glosea 

. Thank you 

They do not use a French site.

The French site just happens to show the model data (along with all of the other free models used in Europe).

Perhaps email the Meto and ask them why they do not host the model on their own site.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
Just now, offerman said:

just to doublecheck UKMO

. Thank you 

You've got it the wrong way round. UKMO isn't using Meteociel, Meteociel is downloading and publishing UKMO data.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The warmth looks so impressive in the med, might be record breaking temperatures perhaps? 

Decent GFS run in respect it still shows the easterlies but the risk is there if the low faffs on and delays the cold. Such fine margins it really is. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The biggest issue with the GfS 06z is a few hundred mile eastwards correction of that trough to our east. It allows the ridge over SE Europe to exert greater influence. Previous runs have the low centred over western Russia but the trough extended into Finland and Sweden. It should be fine but it puts the boundary much closer to the south/south east of the U.K. and dilutes the cold a little.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Big big problems we got guys on this 06z!!!!all of a sudden we gona want ecm or ukmo to be correct!!!!

Big problems?
image.thumb.png.0927c0efb6d1863576af496867d86b45.pnggfseu-0-156.png?6

Just a variation and a slight delay, bit more for the south east but its coming..

Looks at that high over Greenland., Winds could back north westerly at some point

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Big big problems we got guys on this 06z!!!!all of a sudden we gona want ecm or ukmo to be correct!!!!

the GFS seems fine so far, albeit a slightly slower burner (or freezer - whichever way you look at it).

I'll reserve full judgement until a bit later in the sequence - I guess this is the problem with providing excessively dramatic commentary in real time as the run is emerging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

To calm the nerves it's the 6z gfs notorious for being=finding the most notable route of sequence for such rises...I'm confident the European \iberian points are being over emphasised here........

Edited by tight isobar