Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - is the beast awakening?

Paul

Posted

The ICON has a good looking block to the ne but that annoying shortwave limpets itself to Scotland for days . 

If that would just clear more quickly it would make a huge difference .

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

You could be correct.

I wasn't sure when i posted the one i did.I am sure someone will turn it up using the archive link.

Yes and it was the UKMET that never went along with it. I’m sure the forum came to a conclusion at the time that if the ukmet model wasn’t on board then to be very wary.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

Is there an issue with the thread . Keep getting problems favouriting posts. Also get a message when posting saying need to wait 18 seconds to post and to re-submit the post .

Yes, confirmed, same here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Is there an issue with the thread . Keep getting problems favouriting posts. Also get a message when posting saying need to wait 18 seconds to post and to re-submit the post .

And when it tells me new posts are up the link doesn't bring up the new posts

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

It’s a special feature for you nick ....

• Like 4

Posted

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It may be the site is suffering from an underwhelming number of posters    :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

There is a problem which will hopefully be rectified soon.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
15 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

My recollection was that just after Christmas only the ECM was not promising us the winter nirvana that all the other models were predicting was on its way from T96.  Then all of a sudden it delivered the run of all runs to get itself firmly on board and provide model agreement across the board.  That lasted until the next GFS run which was poor and derided until all the other models took its lead!

A huge disappointment and some wrote off winter at that point, but we went on to enjoy some good snowy periods in the following month  and of course March 2013 proved to be a belter!

Now you have really jogged my memory.

I'm sure it was the GFS 18z that was the first to change away from the easterly..  Yes, the much derided 'pub run' was a trend setter.

It was laughed out the place for its impertinence..

It had the last laugh on that occasion if memory serves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Icon is painstakingly slow at bringing the cold 850mb temps in, but it gets there by 168... 

Look at the huge difference in the Arctic profile compared to the 00z runs. More drama ahead I think.

iconnh-0-168 (4).png

iconnh-1-168 (1).png

iconnh-0-180 (16).png

Seems gem like to me... 

gemnh-0-180 (1).png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I haven’t posted for ages..well a week actually?.. but I’ve observed plenty of model / emotional swings for sure..and..my honest opinion..the latest models sofa today..well, I think a wintry spell is coming, for sure there’s been an upgrade since last nights pathetic ecm 12z op..hmmmmm!...anyway..I think winter is coming guys...and gals!

A snowy spell's a'coming, it's coming round the bend; I ain't seen a snowfall, since... I don't know when. Today's GFS 12Z is gonna be it!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
14 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Icon is painstakingly slow at bringing the cold 850mb temps in, but it gets there by 168... 

Look at the huge difference in the Arctic profile compared to the 00z runs. More drama ahead I think.

iconnh-0-168 (4).png

iconnh-1-168 (1).png

iconnh-0-180 (16).png

Yes Tuesday's fax shows this complex area of low pressure to the west which takes an age to shift.

1011078350_fax84s(5).thumb.gif.2c0dab87959e43446f9b6c91e5789170.gif

Stationary fronts over Scotland expected to give heavy snowfall in same areas up there,several hours by the looks too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

A snowy spell's a'coming, it's coming round the bend; I ain't seen a snowfall, since... I don't know when. Today's GFS 12Z is gonna be it!

Awesome Ed...I mean Pete..Johnny cash, legend..anyway..I’ve seen tons of support from the Ukmo, gem, Gfs, GEFS..ECM..Navgem...did I really say that..hmm?...anyway..enough of that tosh..this is our best opportunity sofa this winter for a noteworthy wintry spell...fingers crossed!  

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Good Spot, I can't decide whether that low in Greenland is going to be friend or foe yet

GEM at 240, new to me but I'd say this is a genuine Greenland block (if it's not perhaps someone can help explain rather than criticise? Ta), looks very cold for Europe, so assuming a similar outcome...? 

And because I know emoji's are loved here, I'll express myself using,

Followed by... 

It's a free world man, peace ✌️ 

gemnh-1-240 (1).png

gemnh-0-240 (1).png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Cold air is desperately close, hoping the low over the UK will clear faster than this though.

A phrase that is starting to grate...the block to cold continues in the foreseeable.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Can anyone share the latest output for tomorrow re the potential snow in SW UK please 

Thank you 

Posted

Scotland's cold at day 10 starts at day 5 according to this, and yes the Isles of Scilly are missing out, as is MBY at this time frame. However it would appear in a general model related sense that there are cold 850s heading towards the UK. 

gfs-1-120 (1).png

• Like 1