Cold?
IGNORED

Saved passwords expiring on netweather forum only

The PIT

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Noticed for a while that I have to re-enter the password after a few days on the these forums. Everywhere else they are remembered and don't reject the password.

Anyone else having the same issue or is a time out set by netweather?

Posted

Not sure what you're meaning TP, are you meaning you're logged out, or the browser forgets the password, or the password actually needs resetting?

Posted

The stored password has to be re-entered. The username and password is there but I can't login until I re-enter the password. It then asks to update password which I do and it's fine for the rest of the day. A few days later the same routine. No issues on any other websites just this one and netweather extra.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Maybe check your browser settings, perhaps you have it set not to store password on the netweather domain. The fact it's happening on here and extra points to that, as they're both very separate login systems.

Posted

Found it firefox is saving the password under www.netweather.tv and my passwords are different for extra and the forums. So I update one and that means the other one is then wrong so I update that.

So when I come back the next day it will be wrong unless I don't log into netweather extra.

Apart from changing the passwords to be the same there isn't a lot I can do about that.

Posted

We are going to be making it possible to login with your extra account on here or your forum account on extra very soon. Meantime though, both extra and the forum allow you to use your email address as your username, so maybe switch to using that on one of them, then it should store the two different passwords.