Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 24/01/21

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
10 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Thanks Dan. Is there anywhere we can actual temperature a month or so ago to compare with today’s.. I’m still recovering from the start of January streamer of January 4 and 5 which was a wet one instead of white because the sea temperature was a couple of degrees too high...

2021-01-01uk.thumb.gif.cd31b8d4b98e63fc6597abc5d6e6e0ff.gif

2021-01-27uk.thumb.gif.4ebbfa0ee32859099ca65b1d89c2cb43.gif

Edited by Phil Blake
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
3 minutes ago, Tanden Sparkster said:

Back end of next week. Do you think that one is nailed on then? Surely at only a week away. What could possibly go wrong?

Haha, literally everything...

In Jan 2016 we had a cold spell 'nailed' 4 days away then for the first time in history a hurricane formed in January and PUFF, all cold gone and the rest of winter was a westerly show.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, BLAST FROM THE PAST said:

Be thankful Ed for work in these times, No furlough, no work or wages since Aug last year (eating into my reserves!) and I’m like Jimmy Stewart in the ‘Rear Window’.  Driving my wife mad .

It’s holding firm at the moment...if not the exact route.  18z will be just for you....super mild

BFTP

Don't forget Jimmy Stewart was right when everyone else thought he was crazy. It takes a humans touch to see something in the models that everyone else sees ( but doesn't see if you catch my drift). Keep up the good work every one and thank you from a weather lover who at one time thought he was the only one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
1 hour ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Here are my picks from the GFS 12z, GFS Extended and GEM 12z

GFS Member 17

image.thumb.png.bfc62b0205bf7faddf78bdb6c223522d.pngimage.thumb.png.b8f830e0018fb05f3e7417386bd942b0.png

GEM Member 12

image.thumb.png.fc3b7ff7141d0e78dfac2ae1ed360343.pngimage.thumb.png.a5aa72b9ad002c619601df6d66a7c8bb.png

GFS Extended Member 26

image.thumb.png.93fe6e362024f4522885a5a57f4a4165.pngimage.thumb.png.7f48a0ef9ade37c648c57ec7d14c34db.png

Which one of these is your favourite beasterly then?

17...no doubt about it...that is THE BEAST

BFTP

Posted

Its got to be said. A big step backwards on the afternoon and evening operational runs. For example see yesterday's gfs 18z compared with today's for the same time frame. Whether this means another carrot has been dangled and abruptly taken away or it is simply another delay (oooh that rhymes), remains to be seen. However, even if it is the latter, never a good sign imo. 

gfsnh-0-150.png

gfsnh-0-174.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Dreadful  Sheiky 

image.thumb.png.c6c85ddfad6be3575bb713d640d81ca8.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
8 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Not the best 18z so far!!cold delayed?!!

I thought that my happen if u look at the GEFS graph it was on its own in bringing it in to early on the 12z op .  It’s coming tho

11D1696F-C981-4613-A43D-16864593B828.png

EBC37B80-2BA4-4D64-9200-C6147071CCBC.png

Edited by ICE COLD
  • Like 4

Posted
56 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

Its every other post nearly becoming general weather chat. Feels like we are plotting it mile by mile. Just let it happen. When the radar becomes effective I can see the point and excitement then

Different posters like to discuss different things. For example some post the clusters, some the ensembles and some like to post 384hr FI charts. Personally I prefer to discuss snow fall and it’s location when it’s within a few days. There is an ignore function which can use to tailor your experience on here, so if you don’t want to see posts about snow fall and charts discussing it then please hit ignore on me ??.

Back on topic and here is the 18z Harmonie model, probably best of the bunch this evening for widespread snow. Arpege has plenty of precip but is mainly rain or sleet ...

C0578689-5818-4AD4-BF56-9746398A2A01.png

1D3BE3B6-0A69-4ABE-B153-CB4C56983A79.png

• Like 9

Posted
Just now, chionomaniac said:

This looks pretty good with better amplification.  One doesn’t need to look further really.

F1500792-1B89-43D6-8D53-EEA002D139BB.thumb.jpeg.7055b3487351a6017e885c31cd43a910.jpeg

There is only one road forward....

Fine isn't it. Not sure anyone needs to get worried at this range

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
4 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Different posters like to discuss different things. For example some post the clusters, some the ensembles and some like to post 384hr FI charts. Personally I prefer to discuss snow fall and it’s location when it’s within a few days. There is an ignore function which can use to tailor your experience on here, so if you don’t want to see posts about snow fall and charts discussing it then please hit ignore on me ??.

Back on topic and here is the 18z Harmonie model, probably best of the bunch this evening for widespread snow. Arpege has plenty of precip but is mainly rain or sleet ...

C0578689-5818-4AD4-BF56-9746398A2A01.png

1D3BE3B6-0A69-4ABE-B153-CB4C56983A79.png

Point taken sir. I would say that if the snow event was purely for the North your commentary would decrease somewhat. Anyhoo I'm tired of this have a good evening.

• Like 3