Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - into the last third of January

Paul

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Well it's a strange looking chart at 216 - not a million miles from the ECM earlier

image.thumb.png.9b64980a28e81675105e952f79d58da3.png

Looks like things are slowing down across the Atlantic? 

I'll definitely get roasted for this, although not cold // starting to look mashable (?) in FI

gfsnh-0-198.png

Edit: for what it's worth, and possibly meaningless, para looks vaguely consistent... Not quite as amplified as 12z

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

This run feels similar to the current period of weather, ensembles signal a return to milder weather but the mild spell actually dilutes and back into cold quickly. It has been rinse and repeat here since xmas eve with days of frost and occasional snow then a day or two warm up and i feel that is where much of the northern half of the uk is headed again. 

Currently snowing here unexpectedly and meto putting out a warning once the snow had started so perhaps the weekend worth attention as a nice feature keeps showing up for Saturday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, chris55 said:

That'll do for an early Sunday morning walk..

spacer.png

And me!  Hoping to see some of the white stuff this weekend but not getting excited yet.  Lots of wind and rain in the meantime....

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, CreweCold said:

Am I the only one looking at the charts tonight and thinking we could be in for some major flooding misery? Looks like low after low to me, and them slowing down won't do much to help the situation! It'll just rain for longer!

No, flooding certainly does look to be an issue.  Viewing the models this time last week and you would have thought amber weather warnings this week would have been for something else.....

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Am I the only one looking at the charts tonight and thinking we could be in for some major flooding misery? Looks like low after low to me, and them slowing down won't do much to help the situation! It'll just rain for longer!

Yep, January is going to be a wet month that’s for sure! Could be white at times but it will all end up in the rivers at some point !

F568587A-9B8B-4D4A-9E70-763F04D982A1.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Yep, whether it's wet or white, there's going to be a lot of precip around over the next 10 days by the look of things.  Just a few charts below from the GFSP showing a lot going on at the end of the month (not that these should be taken too seriously at this point).  

image.thumb.png.41b170f0a6b1a5fb0a00de937a5087fc.pngimage.thumb.png.2047ac775de601e69d6bbd2b0233cc2c.pngimage.thumb.png.8e6533b0e3c79413167669f360bc478a.png  

• Like 2

Posted

Very interesting GFS 18 z pub run regarding severely low Greenland Temperatures showing 

up in fantasy island,one to watch along with a continually changing final week of January blowing 

mild and cold.Lots to be interested in for the beginning of February and the next 5 or 6 days.

Not a boring scenario good watching.

• Like 2

Posted

If we can get those lows this far south then an easterly could set in...perhaps a freeze of the floodwaters will help..

9FEB9B93-26FC-4C72-841C-CC578612763A.png

229AFD52-6BE9-4293-8490-AB73E7D19529.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
3 minutes ago, Griff said:

Wasn't expecting such entertainment this evening 

gfsnh-0-276 (2).png

gfsnh-1-276 (1).png

Ive been saying we need a wow emoji alongside the 'thanks' and 'like' !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

I wonder if on Sunday 31st at 8am, we will be saying 'Bloody hell, wasn't expecting such a massive dumping from a big unstable Easterly'

In a word no

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

And i say it again only for the 00z to bring everyone back down to earth!!love the guys commitment on here!!!defo something to admire!!❤

We need to petition for the return of the response/like... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Didn't realise it was the para Griff was posting.... but still seeing as its late im joining in..

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1