Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Rain and temperature (3c) have been constant all morning.  Dew point has dropped to 2c in the last hour, though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

hey lass how's things hon?

But nope no sleet. 

I'm not doing great dam, we have a couple of friends now in intensive care with Covid and my mum had her vaccine and there was a person with covid in the medical centre fgs 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

What annoys me is that people up north will still say they are snow starved and had a bad winter blah blah 

They don’t know the half of it 3 years have passed since BFTE and my location hasn’t seen a dusting in that time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
Just now, Daniel* said:

They don’t know the half of it 3 years have passed since BFTE and my location hasn’t seen a dusting in that time.

So annoying, although my temp has dropped 1.4c in the last hour, im now at a bone chilling 7c, now I know how Eskimos feel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Must admit, I'm starting to feel like this winter could be notable for all the wrong reasons. 

From memory the last couple of snowfalls round here have come very late into the season, if not early Spring. Thawing tends to be an issue at that point, so not really fussed on anything much past mid Feb tbh. A decent fall that halves in size over an afternoon then freezes solid overnight is no fun. 

Like 30 degrees in September, just not the same as the long July days in a heatwave. Not the same for me! 

Still a good few weeks for something to develop though, so let's get our canoes and waders out and make the best of it. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It's been 10 years here, as I keep bleeping missing it

Posted
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Same here. Got to the point now that my two young children believe that snow is just a fairy tale, like Santa or the tooth fairy! 

Edited by Wynter

Posted

Very quiet now in the mad thread.I think all of the toys have now been thrown out of the prams

This has been because of milder weather going to set in.

All those BOOM  charts that were posted, Did any materialize.

If you want to see some snow today take a look at York Railway Station.

Lovely Jubley

• Like 2

Posted

Sadly think the dusting up here is complete now, slight rise in temp back to 1c and dewpoint up to 0.7c, extremely light snow with a few raindrops sneaking back into the mix now

• Thanks 1

Posted

Has anyone noticed how the pattern on their smartphones is to slowly reduce the number of hours projected for snow . Like today was 4pm-9pm then 5pm 9pm then 6-7  and now just rain. Like they try and hope you won’t notice . I’ve had 10 days of virtual snow on my iPhone and none in reality . 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

Has anyone noticed how the pattern on their smartphones is to slowly reduce the number of hours projected for snow . Like today was 4pm-9pm then 5pm 9pm then 6-7  and now just rain. Like they try and hope you won’t notice . I’ve had 10 days of virtual snow on my iPhone and none in reality . 

It also likes to tell me it’s raining when it’s snowing, and snowing when it’s raining! 

Posted
Just now, mandem04 said:

Very heavy snow and huge flakes in Swaffham Norfolk dusting on grass and cars

Fingers crossed that’s heading to Dereham, very light with the rain trying to creep back into it! Needs a boost in precip my dusting has all but melted except from the grass

Posted

Flooding getting really bad in Essex now with 28 hours of consecutive rainfall pic from Mountnessing with run off from Fields 

Screenshot_20210114_133310_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Slowly starting to accumulate on grass and roofs now! 

Completely stopped in Dereham! Dusting is melting rapidly as the temp has risen up to 1c again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Flooding getting really bad in Essex now with 28 hours of consecutive rainfall pic from Mountnessing with run off from Fields 

Screenshot_20210114_133310_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Loads of flood alerts coming out but still no warning of heavy rain and flooding, doesnt make sense!

• Like 2

Posted

down to 3.8c/3.3c - i think we aren't going to see any wintriness this far south today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
2 minutes ago, Delka said:

Completely stopped in Dereham! Dusting is melting rapidly as the temp has risen up to 1c again!

Very marginal! Hopefully the DP falls again. Think the E wind is helping here, stopping any influence from thenN-NW off the wash. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Very marginal! Hopefully the DP falls again. Think the E wind is helping here, stopping any influence from thenN-NW off the wash. 

Typical everywhere else I’ve lived nearby is reporting snow coverings still and mine has all but gone lol, oh well can’t complain really!  Third temporary blink and you miss it snow this winter, a success really lol

• Like 1

Posted

The main band of precip seems to be further east than some forecasters were predicting... which may be a good thing.

Some tentative signs of sleetiness here in Cambs but nothing more than that at present. I suspect our best bet will be through mid afternoon onwards with a change-over as the front decays, hopefully producing some snow for a good few hours into the evening. Looks like Mid-EA is the prime location for that based on the current position of the front. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, Delka said:

It also likes to tell me it’s raining when it’s snowing, and snowing when it’s raining! 

IMO, apps (like Filofaxes were before them) are merely the latest manifestation of 'Emperor's New Clothes' syndrome: neither use nor ornament, but everyone thinks they'll die, without them?

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

hence why should pretty much ignore these apps.

Temp in Tunbridge Wells dropped from 10C at 6am to 5C a short while ago. Still pouring with rain

Looking at the radar, is a secondary LP forming off the south coast I wonder.