Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I don't get either Paul...it must be all the SSW hype and as it's cold at the moment they must be presuming something BIG is on the way but following the GFS religiously at Day 10+ because it's showing what they want is only going to end in tears...and for some of the OTT posts in there they must be of that age.

My own feeling is that this cold spell has gone on a lot longer than I thought, a milder spell will be on it's way at some time in the near future, how mild and for how long nobody knows.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

People seem to wet themselves with SSW potential if there's a few cold charts banging about at day 10 that never end well. The moment even day 10 changes to a slightly watered down version and they're all in tears. It's potty really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Once again keeping objective about the risk of cold going into the month. If it's going to be watered down marginal rubbish like the last few weeks, I'd rather not bother! EC ens not really sniffing whatever GFS has been this evening, trending below average however with some members on the colder extremities going as cold as the GFS 12z. Longer range EC46 still sticking very much with a zonal pattern.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

It’s weird how BBC TV forecasts are based on ECM but the temps nope, they seem to add their own interpretation and it’s so often too warm in cold weather I should know I live close to central London. 

3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Even so, I still think the temps are to warm, let's see if London hit's 10c tomorrow.

They certainly over-ramp temperatures, and the language they use is highly irritating.

”Temperatures recovering”, “thankfully it will be milder” and “bad weather” (snow), are par for the course. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well it's another cold one tonight, at least for now, another frost that started before it even got dark. Wonder if it'll still be there in the morning. Not sure when the air is to start warming.

Posted

Oh well the MOD thread had its version of a bar room brawl this eve sadly with difference of opinions spilling over . People get passionate about the subject and sadly trying to get decent snowy cold  into the uk is like pulling hens teeth so frustrations boil over . I understand it and when you see Madrid with 20 inches and no doubt Greece next week it’s so frustrating for us at 51 latitude ( give or take) . But doesn’t excuse bad darts . Any way I still think the models are in a dead zone til Friday b4 I throw my toys out the oram

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well that was a boring cold spell in north west London, a bit of frost a bit of fog and that was it. October Fog Index holding firm here.

Posted
1 hour ago, Southender said:

Agree.

Oh for a Rob Ramp right now.

Love the ending to this

Rob was my absolute favourite it was an absolute joy to watch, now look what we have, and terrible graphics to boot. We really have gone back in time if anything. Anyway, it’s the warmest it’s been all day here 3.5C I guess forecast 8C will feel tropical the last 2 weeks been solidly below average that’s quite unusual. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Wow....tried to participate in the mad thread....don't think I will do that again!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Wow....tried to participate in the mad thread....don't think I will do that again!!

You’re brave ?? You unfortunately mentioned that the pattern might flatten in 10 days time - cardinal sin lol  

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Ouch, what happened?

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You’re brave ?? You unfortunately mentioned that the pattern might flatten in 10 days time - cardinal sin lol  

God forbid I bet if I said it looked like a raging blizzard I would have got a pat on the back and a blue Peter badge

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

God forbid I bet if I said it looked like a raging blizzard I would have got a pat on the back and a blue Peter badge

Yep lol, however the USA looks rather warm next week, so I'm not sure a flat pattern is coming just yet. We'll see in the wash. When I say next week I meant Monday week.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Ouch, what happened?

I just said there was too much energy coming out of North East US to sustain the ridging in the later frames of the GFS and the high would sink. But because I was talking g about something more than 30 minutes away I got slapped down a wee bit lol

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

I just said there was too much energy coming out of North East US to sustain the ridging in the later frames of the GFS and the high would sink. But because I was talking g about something more than 30 minutes away I got slapped down a wee bit lol

There's a reason why I don't tend to wonder in there honestly and it's exactly because of that. If you say anything against the majority or god forbid get anything wrong then you get hurled down a few steps.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

There's a reason why I don't tend to wonder in there honestly and it's exactly because of that. If you say anything against the majority or god forbid get anything wrong then you get hurled down a few steps.

Lol its now made me more determined to post in there, a lot of us are here to learn and by plucking up the courage to post on possible outcomes is a way of learning. At least I know I was right with the outcome because thats why I got torn a new one

Edited by Frostbite1980
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, Frostbite1980 said:

Lol its now made me more determined to post in there, a lot of us are here to learn and by plucking up the courage to post on possible outcomes is a way of learning. At least I know I was right with the outcome because that why I got torn a new one

Aye exactly. It takes time to pluck up courage but eventually we all get there with it. I'll have to post in that thread a bit more frequently in future.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Aye exactly. It takes time to pluck up courage but eventually we all get there with it. I'll have to post in that thread a bit more frequently in future.

I got your back if you got mine

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frostbite1980 said:

I got your back if you got mine

Don't worry, sure do. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Don't worry, sure do. 

Have a good night mate and hopefully all models will be pointing cold and snowy tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Have a good night mate and hopefully all models will be pointing cold and snowy tomorrow

You too mate. Here's to hoping they latch onto some trend. 

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Exactly this. People only like what they want to hear. There is no voice of reason in the model thread. It just results in needlessly frequent disappointment!

• Like 1