Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.
    1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Did anyone get any last week

A tiny bit. 

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 6.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone Been lurking on this site for probably around 12 years. Used to lurk on TWO. Never post but just wanted to share some pics from Folkestone Warren this evening looking out along the wh

Some more photos from a local walk this morning. The freezing fog made everything special...

Lots of Boom Posts starting to appear again in the MOD Thread so things could start to get interesting in the run upto the weekend as the models start showing the period 21-23rd by the 8th Jan runs.

Posted Images

Posted
    2 hours ago, snowblind said:

Ha ha ha! Yes, reminds me of when I was growing up and my room was the only one without heating. Used to wake-up on some winters mornings and my window would be covered in ice on the inside! My parents relented in the end and got me an oil fired radiator. I tell my daughter this now and she looks at me as if I'm telling a story from the 1880's and not the 1980's!

Exact same with me in the 1980s in the West Country too. Grew up in a 1960s Wimpey house and by the 1980s the windows were rotting so during the severe spells my father put clear plastic to cover the windows.... and I woke up one morning to snow on the inside, between the window frame and the plastic! I feel like a 'luxury' sketch is coming on;)

Grey and damp looking out there this morning, haven't ventured beyond the front door as cooking a roast dinner. Looking at the comments around the forum, dare I feel optimistic for snow in 10-14 days' time? Could it happen? Please?!

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very frosty start, but the early sunshine has now been replaced with a large slab of altostratus, less cold today with all the frost gone.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
    On 09/01/2021 at 11:37, magicpatch said:

Still (just) below 0 (-0.3c) at 11am, sun is slowly breaking through the clouds but not the blue skies picture the MetOffice was forecasting for the whole of today.

Looks like we might get a bright few hours before sunset in 4 and a bit hours, before what seems to be another cold night - and my boiler was condemned on Tuesday so still without central heating! 

It hit -4 here, everything is white including the roads!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Totally love this proper winter weather, frost in the ground at last and lovely clear sunny days. Evenings are getting much lighter now, sunset today 4.16. Good Health to you all.

• Like 5
    Posted

Remember preceeding any notable spell with snow on the ground and sticking snow for around a week we usually see a week to 10 days of frosts and freezing fog / rime priming the ground in readiness. After a few milder days the frosts return end of the week cementing the procedure for whats to come end of Jan.

All going to plan as far as I can see

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday 

• Like 9
    Posted
    6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Remember preceeding any notable spell with snow on the ground and sticking snow for around a week we usually see a week to 10 days of frosts and freezing fog / rime priming the ground in readiness. After a few milder days the frosts return end of the week cementing the procedure for whats to come end of Jan.

Perfect. Love a slow descend into Narnia. As you say almost always this is the route to proper cold. Get that ground temp down ready for a blanket of the white stuff in a couple of weeks (or so)

• Like 2
    Posted

Freezing fog in far SE keeping it very cold. Brrr. Midday temps.

954E7813-50CA-4804-8910-B291B68E351C.thumb.png.4a84851e61f6a7bc84c71578a83c5415.png

• Like 3
    Posted

An "ice morning" here if that counts! Low -4.8C now -1.2C at 12:57pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Very cold and frosty start to the day here.

Low of  -1.8c and only getting above freezing now.

Some pics from the local park below.

DSC_0089edited_1.thumb.JPG.069677927c0f7f47bed3a79d56c5e228.JPG DSC_0113edited.thumb.JPG.007d79220d3ef38be07551c547b18a3e.JPGDSC_0114edited_1.thumb.JPG.3d86c3752a434ea69bcebe12e5074673.JPG

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
    1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Did anyone get any last week

Some...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
    49 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes partly agree...but this is one drawn out chilly/cold spell. I agree with what you say above about the priming of cold and frosts etc. before a notable spell but in my experience this usually is about a max of 7 days before anything noteworthy then arrives not an elongated period as per now. The longer we see the models in turmoil the less I fancy our chances (don't ask me why)?...a slight milder blip in the coming week and then it's the big if! - the crossroads of this winter in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    28 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Some...

snow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    22 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Yes partly agree...but this is one drawn out chilly/cold spell. I agree with what you say above about the priming of cold and frosts etc. before a notable spell but in my experience this usually is about a max of 7 days before anything noteworthy then arrives not an elongated period as per now. The longer we see the models in turmoil the less I fancy our chances (don't ask me why)?...a slight milder blip in the coming week and then it's the big if! - the crossroads of this winter in my opinion.

Here it was just coldish with no snow at all, despite models showing various snow opportunities for London, none materialised in my neck of the woods.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had a little the other night but turned to rain later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Temp -4.8C at 8am and -2C at midday! 

Everything cloaked in white and still very foggy. Looks beautiful but blooming cold! I broke the ice on the water trough at about 11am and it was at least an inch thick!

A proper winters day, just need some snow now!

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

No frost or fog here - just cold and partly cloudy.

P1010334.thumb.JPG.4930c483ec5de28f51c6f2313e045f42.JPG   P1010336.thumb.JPG.ff196e1f9e743d5bbe4f273c4c4a5db5.JPG   P1010337.thumb.JPG.550bbaf38c8e16a668a6674f922be19c.JPG

• Like 5
    Posted

Another woeful performance from the BBC yet again - They really seem to have an agenda of climate pushing to me.

Last night on there charts they had 0c to -1c when in reality it was -2c to -5c

Today they had 4-6c when reality is 0c to 2c

Its not just in the winter as well, seems to be a recurring theme throughout the year, we know climate has changed but why the need to over egg the temps by 3-4c all the time.

Are the 9c and 10c they are pushing on Wednesday going to be 5-6c as well.

This really bugs me from them and has done over the past 5 to 10 years.

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Don't know the temp, but I'll be amazed if it's got above 0c, frost still on the ground, and although the fog has lifted a bit, been a grey day here, although a couple of miles down the road, the sun is out.