Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, andymcpool said:

Don’t answer the door!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Will do Ed

And once we can when safe to do so we will have a big BBQ for her 50th this year in the Summer and can share our snow depth photos from end of Jan 21 

Best to you and your girls as well mate

Hope so. At the moment my snow depth photos are more snow death photos! 

And Im sure I can bring a pud or two along to the barbie.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, andymcpool said:

I’ve got a Deliveroo!!

‘Chop’ suey?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Been shrouded in fog pretty much all day with the sun breaking through at odd points.

Max of 2.1c and currently sitting at -1.4c with quite the chill out there!

You can see in the timelapse how the fog is coming from the W whilst the cloud above it is moving in from the WNW.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Great GFS ensemble mean last night backing the EPS pretty well also has anyone seen the tweet from Judah Cohen- most of England including our region under snow cover 20th-24th Jan, very unusual to see snow cover for our part of the world on his plots, and I happened to look at the BBC app around this time and look what it shows most locations I checked have several days of snow showers now showing! Exciting stuff if a long way out still❄?☃️

Screenshot_20210110-013102_BBC Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20210110-012853_BBC Weather.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

If I keep my eyes above ground level I could almost believe we had a snowfall... 

16102663154925306689134045764219.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Finally a proper frost this morning on the Thames Riviera. A low of -3c. Probably the last frost for a while now as milder air creeps in. At least we don’t have the dreaded drip drip that northern members will be suffering this morning. So attention now turns to the last week of Jan or thereabouts. Probably a good time to take a bit of time off and recharge the batteries ready for winter proper arriving (hopefully) in 10-14 days, perhaps sooner if everything plays ball. Stay safe all and see you on the other side ??

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

It's good to see the mild blip becoming just that, a mild blip. Because next week isn't looking that mild at all now. Obviously still lots of scatter amongst the esembles, but I'm growing in confidence our turn in the SE & EA could be coming.

Oh and just for fun and to be taken with a huge pinch of salt, anyone fancy some snow next weekend. ECM snow charts!

t850Suffolk (3).png

snowdepth_20210110_00_168.jpg

snowdepth_20210110_00_192.jpg

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Quite a frost out there this morning, im getting back under the duvet, bbrrrr

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

There maybe a couple of hours of sleet and snow on Weds morning according to the Arpege.

It might be gone on the next run ?‍♂️

image.thumb.png.55e97ec9f3698241ece5bf1819ded1a3.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Only fell to -2.4 last night so disappointingly fell short of our coldest night of -2.7 this winter here in Locksbottom.Currently -1.5 and still a thick frost present.

Posted
13 hours ago, paget said:

Our house is very small, an old cottage, we burn the fire 24/7 we are biting old chairs at the moment!! Makes me sound like a dickens character!! It’s amazing how you can get used to it!! I did get my daughter (22 and normally at uni) an oil rad for her bedroom as she could see her breath!!!!

Ha ha ha! Yes, reminds me of when I was growing up and my room was the only one without heating. Used to wake-up on some winters mornings and my window would be covered in ice on the inside! My parents relented in the end and got me an oil fired radiator. I tell my daughter this now and she looks at me as if I'm telling a story from the 1880's and not the 1980's!

• Like 3

Posted

Got down to -3.7 last night, coldest of the winter so far. Still -1.1 out side and only 10 inside, no sun today to help the lounge warm up. Staying under the duvet for as long as possible but might have to venture out for food soon

• Like 2

Posted

Low here was -4.8C and at a nearby station (Davis VP2 also) was -7.3C (Bodiam). Currently -3.1C here. Beautiful white frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning, I’m not Getting out of bed this morning!! It’s chilly!!  Not our lowest temp but with all the freezing, foggyness it feels colder!  Beautiful though ❤️

temp -0.7

dp -1.4 

Farnham, Surrey 

• Like 3

Posted

Freezing fog this morning has covered everything in a white frosty covering, it looks stunning. Annoyed that I for got my phone so couldn’t take any pictures! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Never seen such think frost as usually when it's this cold it's drier, everything coated white almost looks like a dusting of snow. Low was -2.3c still currently -0.6c so not quite the coldest morning here but was close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Complete waste of time looking at the models currently, they're basically all over the place and nothing set in stone after about day 4. ECM/UKMO are both underwhelming with ECM showing us on the periphery of continental cold but not much more. GFS (p) is everybody's favourite currently as it shows wintery nirvana near day 10 and actual cold...but you might as well toss a coin up in the air.

Coldest night of the winter here last night with -2.2c and the sun has come out!