Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow events, cold zonality. Heat and humidity.

Its made landfall at Sandwich.

t2m's around Deal and Kingsdown are still around 0 32f, dewpoints around -1c (30f).

080121 2015.png

Posted

Seeing reports of temps raising towards Southend and east Kent.. is that due to mixing from sea air that will not happen further inland or it because of slightly milder patch of air in general coming in.

I ask because the blobs are increasing in the estrury and wondering if my sub zero in north west Kent will be retained to greet any of the blob drifting west by south west..

• Like 1

Just now, TSNWK said:

Seeing reports of temps raising towards Southend and east Kent.. is that due to mixing from sea air that will not happen further inland or it because of slightly milder patch of air in general coming in.

I ask because the blobs are increasing in the estrury and wondering if my sub zero in north west Kent will be retained to greet any of the blob drifting west by south west..

Yeah your ok inland - temps holding steady -1.5c

blob building ....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

This is all I have to show for tonight lol. You can just about see the little snow pellets.

P1010332.JPG

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 2

Posted

-1.8c/-2.2c - freezing fog but no snow falling - having checked multiple lights and CCTV. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Yeah your ok inland - temps holding steady -1.5c

blob building ....

Cool.. be nice to see something even a dusting and flakes in the floodlight...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Milder here on the Essex coast than it's been all day which makes me think we have now more of an easterly influence...temps 0.4c and rising.

Posted
1 minute ago, TheGate said:

-1.8c/-2.2c - freezing fog but no snow falling - having checked multiple lights and CCTV. 

Just up the road from me.. I drove into tesco river head through poll hill this morning and was pleasantly surprised with a fair cover on the verges and the roundabout by the garden center.. just shows what a little height can do as 2 miles down the road in Orpington nothing..

• Like 2

Posted

Scratch the last post - we have light snow falling now. Temp up to -1.7c/-2.1c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
27 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

And most places in the far east of Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Kent at 0c dewpoint and rising.

In the words of Bugs Bunny thats all folks for us Coast dwellers our window is shutting fast

Just read this after my post...and that about sums it up here, how is your score going for this 'cold spell'?...yet to see a flake here.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, TSNWK said:

Just up the road from me.. I drove into tesco river head through poll hill this morning and was pleasantly surprised with a fair cover on the verges and the roundabout by the garden center.. just shows what a little height can do as 2 miles down the road in Orpington nothing..

Yes, my garden still has a covering from yesterday morning and no sign of it disappearing. Today never got above 0.5c, so not much melted.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
Just now, TSNWK said:

Yes I live in Locksbottom and like you nothing from Wednesday morning other than sleet.I think the snow line was about 480 feet(Rushmore hill is always a good indicator from the bottom at Pratt’s  bottom past Coolings garden centre into Knockholt).Temp here -0.8 but has warmed up a tad in last 20 mins.Still dry here and hope that blob over Thames estuary doesn’t lose intensity as it heads towards us!

• Like 2

Posted

There must be a tiny bit of lift development now.. looking at Rochester and there was nothing there but a blob is forming there not something that was blown in from the estuary...

light snow it really is very light in Orpington -1.1

• Like 2

Posted

Think freezing fog here at present.  On the radar it looks like all the precipition seems to fade away as it appraches the kent/surrey border. Mind you Orpington is only 12 miles away so we can keep our