Blessed Weather

Posted
5 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Snow mixed with rain here now

You now have sleet 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I have been absolutely plastered.....in cold rain.

Incredibly wet January with total currently at 157.5 mm with 331% of my monthly average.

image.thumb.png.a39e4dd42a218bb786944a9fff472100.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good afternoon everyone.

An absolutely horrible day here in mid Essex. As the song goes "What a difference a day makes" Yesterday was warm enough to sit outside without a coat on to eat lunch on our patio, sheltered from the breeze by our garden shed. Today it has been relentless light rain and a blustery wind.

Between 11.30 and 12.30 I took part in the RSPB Bird Watch, getting an aerial view of the garden from our bedroom window. The weather was obviously too dire for the majority of birds to venture out as I only had 1 blackbird, 1 blue tit, 2 collared doves and 4 woodpigeons visit my garden in the whole hour.

To cheer myself up I looked at the MAD thread, but without success. Some posters are either in wind-up mode or can't hell themselves from being negative, although they regard themselves as being realistic.

For some if their were -20 uppers covering 98% of the UK and at T+384 it showed -15 uppers they would declare the run to be a nightmare.

Sadly I am hooked on all the drama and will be checking the 12Z later this afternoon.

If the weather clears at all before nightfall I am thinking of walking down to our local river to see how bad the flooding is, With all the rain we have experienced the ground is totally saturated and cannot soak up any more.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

mm light rain with a bit of wet sleet. Not worthy of being in the yellow bit of the PPN for sure.

Posted
11 minutes ago, claret047 said:

To cheer myself up I looked at the MAD thread, but without success. Some posters are either in wind-up mode or can't hell themselves from being negative, although they regard themselves as being realistic.

For some if their were -20 uppers covering 98% of the UK and at T+384 it showed -15 uppers they would declare the run to be a nightmare.

MAD thread you nailed it Dave, certain posters which were at time really hyping up December and then January someone from Crewe  and then they change their tune when things actually could go right this time I despair.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

MAD thread you nailed it Dave, certain posters which were at time really hyping up December and then January someone from Crewe  and then they change their tune when things actually could go right this time I despair.

Hello Daniel.

Thanks for your comment

I tried to "like" your post, but for some reason I was unable to do so.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, claret047 said:

Hello Daniel.

Thanks for your comment

Kind Regards

Dave

The likes seem to be having issues. If I like something it says I can’t, but if I the  refresh the page my “like” is on the comment. Weird!

Still 5.0c here (in Folkestone for those unable to see ) with 24.9mm of rain since midnight

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What an utterly revolting day. Roll on spring.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Despite the radar, only a few spots of rain outside now. Hopefully the skies will clear from the north soon.

A widespread frost tonight

image.thumb.png.d1821078eb7171f551d0f8bd614c7364.png

Tomorrow looks better with some sunshine and light winds. It will be cold with temperatures in low single figures.

I still think we will see easterly winds develop by next weekend. Just a question of how productive they will be snow-wise.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
13 minutes ago, Nick L said:

What an utterly revolting day. Roll on spring.

Yeah it’s freezing here with light rain , Horrible. A bit of sun would be lovely .

• Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Despite the radar, only a few spots of rain outside now. Hopefully the skies will clear from the north soon.

A widespread frost tonight

image.thumb.png.d1821078eb7171f551d0f8bd614c7364.png

Tomorrow looks better with some sunshine and light winds. It will be cold with temperatures in low single figures.

I still think we will see easterly winds develop by next weekend. Just a question of how productive they will be snow-wise.

Any idea what specific conditions are causing the radar to be so inaccurate?

Posted
39 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello Daniel.

Thanks for your comment

Kind Regards

Dave

The Like/Thanks button comes up with an error message when clicked. When the new notification bar shows, nothing happens when clicked. I refresh the page to get the updated notifications 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Any idea what specific conditions are causing the radar to be so inaccurate?

Probably @Nick L might be the best person to answer this, but I suspect that the radar will pick up precipitation above sea level that will either melt to rain at low levels or in some cases undergoes sublimation and as such never reaches the ground.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

AAfternoon Everybody, 

I think the site's facing a few Internet issues, I can't see my notifications and other people have experienced similiar problems. Anyway on a better note, I have begun to read a book that is especially helpful With dynamic meteorology. 

16120203037222347144933587497549.thumb.jpg.9dda776740857cc0155fef9d1f7a09d3.jpg

Hope @moogyboobles @Blazerblue@Reefseeker@Blazerblue@Reefseeker

Fell better and hopefully everybody else is doing well as well. 

Personally I'll probably do my model updates here, so as you can see we start getting that Eastern feed within the next week but like 2018 it will take a while to set up with probably a few periods of warmer set ups before we get the basin where the cold will hit a stationary period and settle in for a few days to weeks. 

1225138975_gensnh-0-1-90(1).thumb.png.45ff9fa9455b7f8b70d090d0a2ec851e.png340772599_gensnh-0-1-114(3).thumb.png.1fb5f991c84f7d8524af2d550fd5e6f7.png

Towards the magical random Day 10 we begin to see the movement that creates the magical Atlantic Ridge To Bring A good beast. 

1064876292_gensnh-0-1-180(2).thumb.png.0936403d8ce0145dc56b2736fe58e3ae.png

Xander

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

After being stuck at 4c it seems like forever, temp and DP have now shown a downward movement. Although I will be surprised if it get to snow levels before the ppn is all gone, guess we'll see.

Posted

12z GFS rolling out - Blizzards spreading from the south east next Sunday if you choose to believe it

Edited by Stu_London
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yeah it’s freezing here with light rain , Horrible. A bit of sun would be lovely .

Yep, absolutely appalling day here of what feels like non-stop rain with the temperature dropping as the day progresses. The woodlands have streams where streams aren't supposed to be and our garden has a pond where we shouldn't have one - as @alexisj9 says, the water table is getting very high now. 

IMG_20210129_122058.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
4 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

12z GFS rolling out - Blizzards spreading from the south east next Sunday if you choose to believe it

I've been keeping an eye on that - seems to be a recurring theme on the GFS