Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Penton hook in Staines warned of flooding and to prepare to leave apparently.. 

More rain tomorrow and Sunday.. 

Not good, is it? Memories of 2013, that was dreadful. Certainly need a dry spell now (or a freeze).

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

This winter has been awful so far, so much promise and so little fruition, rather have a mild winter than a fruitless tease, tomorrow went from heavy snow.,to light snow, to sleet and now rain, I give in, the weather gods are cruel and unjust! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, m1chaels said:

Last week snow event generated about 20 pages before a single flake fell. I wonder what the two odd pages this week tells us for tomorrow....

No one thinks anything will happen, it's still warm out. And snow hasn't really been forecast on TV forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted

Latest UKV increases risk of falling snow in London around 3pm cooler dew points move in south quicker. Very marginal still probably more sleety for lower levels.

2B111DE4-8110-431A-A33E-AFE1F8FD83AD.thumb.png.10537b74337c70ce04b49e016ec0062c.png35671A67-7C8C-4693-A8F8-4874B116441B.thumb.png.ec2deb01f10d9b5fad574bf0383ffbdc.pngC0892F0A-CB76-4335-9E6C-7BBE10451DE4.thumb.png.408cd7d78657a34eabf42774deebe1d8.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted

To all thepeople in Kent who think that there's been no snow... December 4th,  significant accumulation on the north downs north of Hythe and Ashford. Jan 16 several cm of snow on north downs at 7 in morning  before rain washed it away. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

The snow event of  Feb  2010 In the east of Kent was quite savage. It only affected Margate and rest of thanet plus deal, Dover, folkestone and Hythe.  No one else knew about it

More rare than a thames streamer. The east Kent daggler.  On a North/north easterly 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
2 hours ago, Maidstone marginal said:

To all thepeople in Kent who think that there's been no snow... December 4th,  significant accumulation on the north downs north of Hythe and Ashford. Jan 16 several cm of snow on north downs at 7 in morning  before rain washed it away. 

I mentioned about the 4th December snow before and it was also in a few lower ground areas close to mid Kent I best not mention which region as someone on here threw a hissy fit the last time I did

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Latest UKV increases risk of falling snow in London around 3pm cooler dew points move in south quicker. Very marginal still probably more sleety for lower levels.

2B111DE4-8110-431A-A33E-AFE1F8FD83AD.thumb.png.10537b74337c70ce04b49e016ec0062c.png35671A67-7C8C-4693-A8F8-4874B116441B.thumb.png.ec2deb01f10d9b5fad574bf0383ffbdc.pngC0892F0A-CB76-4335-9E6C-7BBE10451DE4.thumb.png.408cd7d78657a34eabf42774deebe1d8.png

Id give up the chase now if I was you lol! Currently 8c DP here and a temp of 8.5c 

356M ASL in Wales is reporting rain.. 

As @stainesbloke said.. We need a dry period now or a cold dry period. No snow thanks.. It will only aid in flooding problems.. 

We are about 1 week away from serious flooding in and around my part of the world.. 

The Thames has continued to rise overnight with it pouring down outside.. 

Rain again tomorrow Monday Tuesday.. You can see whats likely to happen.. 

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Id give up the chase now if I was you lol! Currently 8c DP here and a temp of 8.5c 

356M ASL in Wales is reporting rain.. 

As @stainesbloke said.. We need a dry period now or a cold dry period. No snow thanks.. It will only aid in flooding problems.. 

We are about 1 week away from serious flooding in and around my part of the world.. 

The Thames has continued to rise overnight with it pouring down outside.. 

Rain again tomorrow Monday Tuesday.. You can see whats likely to happen.. 

Don’t you know recently parts of NW England went from floods 8-10C to 0C in a hour and had thick cover. Not making any comparison but the weather can turn very suddenly. As for that that was expected it’s rain to snow for those areas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel* said:

Don’t you know recently parts of NW England went from floods 8-10C to 0C in a hour and had thick cover. Not making any comparison but the weather can turn very suddenly. As for that that was expected it’s rain to snow for those areas. 

Yeah with a cold front rushing south and under cutting properly.. 

Not mild air pushing up then the cold air trying to under cut.

Plus they are 200 miles closer to the cold source. 

We have also had 3 or 4 days now of positive Temps and soaking ground. 

Ground Temps have probably increased a bit this week from last weeks cold.. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Yeah with a cold front rushing south and under cutting properly.. 

Not mild air pushing up then the cold air trying to under cut.

Plus they are 200 miles closer to the cold source. 

We have also had 3 or 4 days now of positive Temps and soaking ground. 

Ground Temps have probably increased a bit this week from last weeks cold.. 

Again you’re putting words in my mouth and are making unnecessary points.. I just said there was a small chance it could turn wintry later in afternoon nothing settling that potential is there to north/northwest of London. Parts of Chilterns could see a few CM.

• Like 2

Just now, Daniel* said:

Again you’re putting words in my mouth and are making unnecessary points.. I just said there was a small chance it could turn wintry later in afternoon nothing settling that potential is there to north/northwest of London. Parts of Chilterns could see a few CM.

No chance.. But we will leave it at that. 

I see the GFS has watered down the cold this morning as well.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Whilst the GFS 00z OP wasn't the best. As seen from the ensembles there's a lot of much colder options in there, with the op one of the milder runs towards the end. But as we've seen before, the ensembles can be just as fickle

IMG_20210130_071231.jpg

Edited by NewEra21

Posted

More heavy and cold rain. What I’d give for a cold and dry period. Seems during the week all we are going to get is more cold rain. MOD thread is a bit of a awkward place to be today, 18hrs ago they were buzzing now not so. Let’s see what happens in the next 48hrs ! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The  rain has arrived here. It feels pretty raw with temperatures just 2/3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.

Absolutely chucking it down again. Our local river has had more ups and downs recently than shares in GameStop,

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Surrey said:

8mm now total just this morning.. 

Stuck under that really heavy rain to the west of London.. 

Fear for people around our local river the Bourne.. Its above the flood line now I'm excepting a few severe flood warnings to kick in soon around the south east.. 

its been a shocker for rain this month. Wettest I’ve known for a while! It’s more so the hours and hours of heavy rain that has been this month. 5 degrees here and cold. Lovely weather! Oh my walk yesterday I walked to the top of the university in canterbury and I’ve never seen it so boggy! Nice views though!

72C50AD2-5277-42B3-A959-104F4A2D4D8E.jpeg

• Like 2