Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Makes me laugh a certain poster complaining about southerners talking about snow in south when he is always first to go on up his way. I can’t stand hypocrisy. Anyway weather is miserable bring on the snow...

Yep, people are always going to be interested in their own area and of course southerners are going to be the ones most likely to post about snow in the south ??‍♂️ What frustrates me is that they just moan that we don’t discuss snow when it’s for the north..why don’t they post the charts and discuss it themselves if that’s what they want to do ??‍♂️ I wouldn’t complain, if certain posters just posted about the snow in their area eg Buxton all the time ..I’d just hit the ignore button if it bothered me ??‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Another bust for the Majority of East Anglia again, my guess even in more favored locations. Rain/sleet is a much higher risk then last weekends event.

Posted

Looking forward to my rain again this weekend.  Its getting to be a regular pattern.  Horrible night here again pouring down.  Roll on spring and the longer warmer days.  At least we won't have a hosepipe ban this summer.

• Like 2

Posted

Pouring again. Add this to overnight rain plus what falls Saturday (it will not be snow, who are we trying to kid) and that’s another sizeable amount to add of to January’s already impressive count!

Add that to the current temp of 9.5c and I may as well wish for winter to be over and spring to arrive. Sick of rain 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It wasn’t too bad at times today with a little sunshine and it felt quite warm (well for the time of year). Pouring it down now.

As for Saturday, probably the far west of the region might get something (depending on the northern extent of the precipitation). Early February offers hope with a strong -AO developing and possible heights north of the U.K.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual works for me...!

Rain here in Woking is truly extraordinary. I have never heard anything like it. Will see what damage it has done in the morning...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

I might be alone in this ( and undoubtedly fortunate that it cause few problems in my locality) but I love the sound of heavy rain beating down. In fact I love any weather that actually does something .  My pet hate is 'no weather' days - sort of mild, meh, windless, sunless, rainless, greyish days.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Tim Bland said:

Pray for Harmonie

F0D75DAC-597F-4862-8ED4-66E82166D467.png

Those orange line’s means it would be a sleety mess for the SE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

The UKV is quite good for SE I haven’t been impressed by it, but similar northern extent to ECM.

301D1A37-BB16-48E5-8189-B4481D74705A.thumb.jpeg.431f2bfc644e002e70f7a91cc182e351.jpeg7C0C6B66-970E-4EAA-A8D0-3559294BCD9E.thumb.jpeg.c4575267c098bfea3f7fd2cd79b7ffdd.jpeg

Snow really doesn't like my area both charts notice the little Green blobs in the heat island of Gravesend upon Thames/Dartford rather than red

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
3 hours ago, Snow Queen one said:

Looking forward to my rain again this weekend.  Its getting to be a regular pattern.  Horrible night here again pouring down.  Roll on spring and the longer warmer days.  At least we won't have a hosepipe ban this summer.

If we can’t have a dump of snow for a few days bring on the warmer and dryer weather.  Must admit it was rather nice in the greenhouse.  Signs that Spring is springing. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Morning southeast crew anyone know which model two weather outlook use? Its a snow fest in Feb!

And for what its worth Facebook weather page still shows snow this weekend I wondered which model this uses too? Not that I have any faith in it being correct 

Screenshot_20210129-062948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-063004_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-063008_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-063017_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-063023_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-063042_Facebook.jpg

Overnight runs very poor for tomorrow.. To messy and really I don't think it's going to happen this time unless we see an improvement today. 

The cold air doesn't undercut quick enough.. Even places in the Midlands all rain and only the highest parts of Wales seeing snow... 

Next chase looks to be Tuesday.. With a similar setup 

Just to add.. Not convinced yet in any proper cold weather end of next week.. I've seen the pattern we are in now before and seen the holy grail charts a week away before.. If the Atlantic wants to push it will.. No matter how much cold is in place.. 

We are at breaking point here now with the amount of water in fields, local rivers etc.. 

With more to come! 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
8 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Pouring again. Add this to overnight rain plus what falls Saturday (it will not be snow, who are we trying to kid) and that’s another sizeable amount to add of to January’s already impressive count!

Add that to the current temp of 9.5c and I may as well wish for winter to be over and spring to arrive. Sick of rain 

Yep.   I fear I am becoming a convert to a Mildie.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
7 hours ago, Mizzle said:

I might be alone in this ( and undoubtedly fortunate that it cause few problems in my locality) but I love the sound of heavy rain beating down. In fact I love any weather that actually does something .  My pet hate is 'no weather' days - sort of mild, meh, windless, sunless, rainless, greyish days.

You're not alone, 100% my feeling for the weather too 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

GFS and ECM 00z runs still looking very interesting for our region at the end of next week/weekend.

This will be our real chance at some proper cold and snow, still just out of the reliable timeframe at the moment. But it's counting down....

ECM

ECM1-216.gif

ECM0-216.gif

GFSgfs-0-216 (2).png

gfs-1-216 (2).png

overview_20210129_00_216.jpg

overview_20210129_00_228.jpg

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 8

Posted

I think many will see falling Snow this weekend, it’s probably not going to settle much though unfortunately. As above hopefully this is just another appetiser before the main course of the winter next weekend ! 

845283B9-7020-49B8-B0E2-7FEDB16AD715.jpeg

2229A028-B9FB-43AC-BB33-A576C04CB596.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

If this weekend ends up a bust don’t worry as we have loads of chances in the next week or so. Tues for example...below is the Harmonie,    ECM gives snow to the north of the region but we know these fronts almost always adjust south and it’s 4 days away...

77861C15-E1EB-486F-87AD-F13E7FFDCCB9.png

936F26A1-D57B-4B87-96C1-4BC7CABFFB08.jpeg

Edited by Tim Bland
  • Like 3

Posted

Proper deluge over SW London at the moment. Torrential. 9c.Looks like it ll brighten up later for a nice afternoon. Late next week still looking very interesting. 

Posted

Just book for Sunday vaccinations for myself and wife.  Used the Covid Shift partners website. We had not yet been invited.

COVID.SHIFTPARTNER.COM

Covid-19 Testing Appointments

We are over 70.

Edited by Snipper

Posted

I can’t see Saturday giving anything else other than heavy rain especially for us in Kent. We don’t really need it where I am as some country roads and fields are still flooded. Looking at the week ahead anything can happen but with me here having one dusting at the beginning of December and all the other times being a bust I will not be getting my hopes up until the time I look out the window and see it with my own eyes.

Stay safe everyone and hopefully we will all be in for a cold and snowy start of February that we can all enjoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, big storms and extreme weather

Warnings for London & SE

Updated: 09:50 (UTC) on Fri 29 Jan 2021

Further details

An area of rain pushing in from the south-west overnight will turn to sleet and then snow during the course of Saturday morning, before the band stalls and starts to move south again in the afternoon as it eases. A few cm of snow are possible at low levels, but more persistent snow is expected across Wales and some hills elsewhere, with 3-7 cm of snow possible above 150 m elevation and 10-15 cm over higher ground (above 250 m), mainly in Wales. There is also a low chance of around 20 cm over the higher routes in the Brecon Beacons.

• Thanks 1