Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
26 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

You’re  in a good spot , did you get much there on Sunday? Saw Northampton did very well 

I did, about 6cm during the day and then another 2cm when the ppn came back south in the evening. 

Best snow since 2018 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A chance of snow on Saturday, and as we look towards the end of next week ( long way off ), a low chance of bitter weather arriving from Russia. 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

With January set to end on a snowy note for some this weekend, what are the signals as we head into early February? Stav Danaos has the forecast.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

The track of this Weekend's Lows, are causing Forecast Agencies a real problem.

Below, is a Video clip of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast, courtesy of Stav Danaos, and their take on the Weekend:

Weather for the week ahead - BBC Weather

More confirmation of Atlantic Lows disrupting and being forced to track South Eastwards.

Early next Week, a more definitive push from the Atlantic should see it turning milder, again.

But by the end of the Week, it could well turn much colder, again.

Shush, don't shout just yet but Stav even mentions the S.H. words.

Could it be that -  OIP.WutWx020huLVB3duFdrXyAAAAA?w=115&h=2 Scandy Mandy will make an appearance and facilitate a BRR-ENTRANCE,

by the - image.thumb.png.a68eaac58f1b9e6b79cd90fed0330400.png

That sacrificial Sudden Snowman Warming by - image.png.acae380819acdb8e5e9404e70ecb0609.pngSammy Snowman,

and thousands of his peers, could yet pay dividends.

Regards,

Tom.  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Number 23 said:

Any of my fellow Essex / Kent crew up for a sleety mix this weekend? 

Thought not. 

I dream of a sleety mix...just plain ol' rain 2.0 (cold variety) again!!! 7th time this winter...

• Like 4

Posted

before  the  snow arr  on saterday ! i think it could  very wet  over night again if the radar  right

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Urgh.. Chase is well an truly on after seeing the latest met Office video forecast.. 1-2cm possible around the Heathrow area and home counties.. 

I know thats like a fart in a thunderstorm to most but I love seeing snow fall 

not as bad as a a fart in a space suit  

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

If it's going to snow, please wait till 4.30pm or later, got to take my dad to get his covid jab

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowrye said:

If it's going to snow, please wait till 4.30pm or later, got to take my dad to get his covid jab

well fingers crossed there  mate as it is probably the most important thing in this world that can happen at the moment  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So, will it snow on Saturday, who knows? But I for one will be eschewing all the advanced, modern, overhyped technology... Nowt beats a quick look out the window!

• Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Another post in the storm thread for tonight with a bit more info. 

well lets keep it there in the storm thread . storms/snow/hail/rain/ are all sooo unpredictable. i personally look at today's forecast and take it from there  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
Just now, MAF said:

well lets keep it there in the storm thread . storms/snow/hail/rain/ are all sooo unpredictable. i personally look at today's forecast and take it from there  

That why I just let people know it was there incase interested, rather than reposting the whole thing here.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, claret047 said:

Sorry this is not weather related, but my son has just started his own channel called Travelling Everard and he has done walks around Cambs/Beds + 1 in London where he was earlier doing a site survey. All this of course before the last Lockdown happened. I will get him to look at your channel as he is interested in this sort of thing.

Getting back on topic. Here in mid Essex we have a lot of flooding over the fields and the parks are too muddy to walk in apart from the footpaths on which you have to walk around the puddles.

I am looking forward to seeing how the forthcoming cold spell unfolds. There is a general consensus among the models that it is going to happen, but whether it is a polar blast or a BFTE is uncertain. On the MAD thread there are the usual suspects who wish to pour hot water (not cold!) on what the models show and look to likely ways it will break down, before it has even arrived. 

Kind Regards

Dave 

I will definitely check it out:) A really pleasant temperature to walk the dog this evening, with a slight cooler breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Makes me laugh a certain poster complaining about southerners talking about snow in south when he is always first to go on up his way. I can’t stand hypocrisy. Anyway weather is miserable bring on the snow...

They're sad, as soon as a model doesn't show snow for them they discount it. It may aswell be the Leicester thread sometimes because a certain person consistently posts about Leicester's snow chances.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

They're sad, as soon as a model doesn't show snow for them they discount it. It may aswell be the Leicester thread sometimes because a certain person consistently posts about Leicester's snow chances.

So not Carlisle then?

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Not sure, I tend to stay away from the MOD thread if I can as it gets heated sometimes.

Lol don't worry it was a joke.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

So, will it snow on Saturday, who knows? But I for one will be eschewing all the advanced, modern, overhyped technology... Nowt beats a quick look out the window!

Yes! Please do 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Some heavy rain around the region tonight but not seeing a lot of convective activity yet (?) as per the estofex level 1 warning.