Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone Been lurking on this site for probably around 12 years. Used to lurk on TWO. Never post but just wanted to share some pics from Folkestone Warren this evening looking out along the wh

Some more photos from a local walk this morning. The freezing fog made everything special...

Lots of Boom Posts starting to appear again in the MOD Thread so things could start to get interesting in the run upto the weekend as the models start showing the period 21-23rd by the 8th Jan runs.

Posted Images

Posted
    1 minute ago, snowspotter said:

Got a feeling I’m going to do quite well out of this returning band here 

What part of Reigate? 

Posted

Light snow now in Reigate, -0.7c at my location, 110m.  Streets were pretty slushy by mid afternoon although it didn't get above 0.5c.  What was left had developed a soft icy crust by 7pm or so.  

This light stuff is a nice top up after the snow stopped around 1pm.  I imagine that up top on the Downs at 230m there will have been a deeper fall and less melt.  When the low clouds cleared earlier I could see back up to the tops and it looked like quite a lot of snow was holding up there.

Fun day in hard times.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Snowing again here in the Surrey Hills, Holmbury St Mary. Maybe a few CMs in the next couple of hours will be a nice top up for the morning

• Like 1
    Posted
    14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's snow here.

But not landing.

Same I think - just spent a couple of minutes staring out the front door and nothing is reaching the ground. Disintegrating as it hits the hills.

Posted

Went Quiet for a while but vow back to moderate snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
    47 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

Hopefully this will make it across and turn to snow as well what do we think ? 

CF4DEEB5-E04E-46FA-BCF1-7CA5F061434C.jpeg

Lots ppn coming over me.but nothing falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.

It's fair to say that we have had a fairly eventful day here in the South East and some pretty sharp boundaries between rain and snow. A complete bust for me 9 miles north of Brighton but just 25 miles away in beare Green it was 9cm deep! So I got my fix with my son who was buzzing about it! Well done to everyone who got a covering and commiserations to those who didn't! It's been great seeing everyone's posts and all the local differences around the area. And now temperatures are falling there could be a few places that could get a dusting or a top up if the band can maintain some intensity so fingers crossed for all,especially those who have had sod all today😉!! 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Feb 2018 Easterly

well interesting day snow wise, for those that did get snow and covering well done , for those in the regional thread that did not. The door has not closed yet, in fact probably just opened more. Milder next week for a short while, then the fun starts again. Possible bigger events. Fingers crossed. stay safe all, Work early doors, got to get the car of it's grounded position early am " 6..Interesting that will be with double parked cars. Night

• Like 1
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

Off park lane east 

No real elevation then. Be interesting to see if anything notable reaches the Horley swamp. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The colder the better

It seems that the line off showers heading south west off of the Suffolk coast are intensifying

• Like 1
    Posted

Snow flurry again in Bromley, nothing settling now - wet and mostly slushy on the ground

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]
  • Location: Canmore, AB [4296ft above sea level] & North Kent [350ft above sea level]
    50 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

Hopefully this will make it across and turn to snow as well what do we think ? 

CF4DEEB5-E04E-46FA-BCF1-7CA5F061434C.jpeg

Not sure that’ll have much impact - as it all rotates it may well be look to the NW for what might come your way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    3 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Same I think - just spent a couple of minutes staring out the front door and nothing is reaching the ground. Disintegrating as it hits the hills.

Langdon is at 0dp but things are still rather wet snow, didn't even land on cars. I'm hoping, that the streemer that seems to be setting up on radar, doesn't warm things up. I expect it will though, going by last time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.

It's fair to say that we have had a fairly eventful day here in the South East and some pretty sharp boundaries between rain and snow. A complete bust for me 9 miles north of Brighton but just 25 miles away in beare Green it was 9cm deep! So I got my fix with my son who was buzzing about it! Well done to everyone who got a covering and commiserations to those who didn't! It's been great seeing everyone's posts and all the local differences around the area. And now temperatures are falling there could be a few places that could get a dusting or a top up if the band can maintain some intensity so fingers crossed for all,especially those who have had sod all today😉!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

We had another snow shower here in motspur park but its now stopped again. Should we prevent further snowfall by ordering another sledge?

As you can see, one of Amazon.co.uk's examples has suffered and is now a write-off. "Blue lightning", as she was known, suffered an impact episode at about 1.30pm while Dad (me) approached the end of the Newlands Corner run, getting a bit too much air. RIP. No other parties were involved. No accident compensation solicitors required thanks!!

20210124_124041.jpg

Posted
    7 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Not sure that’ll have much impact - as it all rotates it may well be look to the NW for what might come your way

Oh really what you think the stuff NW of London or further afield? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Something is a falling here in Farnham, Surrey, can’t be sure what to call it! It’s not big flakes and feels a bit wet but looks better against the lamppost! 

temp 0.4 

dp -0.1 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to Early October

Light sporadic Rain/ occasionally sleety here by the Thames again likes it was for the main event getting used.this we must be the sleet capital of the world here in NW Kent!

Edited by Kentspur
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
    25 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

Got a feeling I’m going to do quite well out of this returning band here 

When’s your first Gig?