Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
    5 minutes ago, Kreftysoton said:

It doesnt help when madrid is forecast this either!!

Screenshot_20210105-181718_BBC Weather.jpg

No disrespect K but as someone stated earlier, Madrid is around 650 metres (2,000+ ft), above sea level and being slap bang in the middle of Spain, can get quite cold in Winter, and snowfall is not that uncommon.

Regards,

Tom. 👍

• Like 7
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 6.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone Been lurking on this site for probably around 12 years. Used to lurk on TWO. Never post but just wanted to share some pics from Folkestone Warren this evening looking out along the wh

Some more photos from a local walk this morning. The freezing fog made everything special...

Lots of Boom Posts starting to appear again in the MOD Thread so things could start to get interesting in the run upto the weekend as the models start showing the period 21-23rd by the 8th Jan runs.

Posted Images

Posted

anyone got any snow falling

Home data 2.3 / 1.8

S

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Nothing here in Locksbottom.Had a bit of sleet this morning but on the whole just been light to moderate rain falling on and off all day.Had a maximum of 2.7 about 1.30 and currently 2.4 in a chilly wind.Sadly forecasts were spot on.A case of close but no cigar for most on the SE THREAD,especially those in Kent Essex and Sussex.Onwards and upwards 👍

Posted

No nothing and dew points across the region are crap

A1F6F074-A3BB-4F74-A421-4DE970C3F60D.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    2 hours ago, paget said:

How are you @lassie23?  

it’s so hard, I found it was good to crack on with stuff (I have a house full of stuff to sort!) my parents died in the house (is been their carer for years so I got rid of all the medical equipment etc! That made things a bit better!  But If you just feel like doing nothing that’s ok too!!  Lots of love 

Sue x 

Hi Sue, I appreciate you thinking of me, thank you,  we are still numb and in shock and the house feels very empty. It is worse at night as I can't sleep properly and the long nights are very lonely. I hope you will be okay as one parent dying is bad, but losing both is unimaginable. Feel free to pm anytime 

Best

Lassie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Well the MOD thread is happy again, the ECM is great. Now we just wait for it all to go wrong.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
    38 minutes ago, Kreftysoton said:

It doesnt help when madrid is forecast this either!!

Screenshot_20210105-181718_BBC Weather.jpg

It will melt pretty quickly with 3°C. Am more interested in snow when day and night temperatures are below freezing 🥶 Otherwise, it’s just nasty slush

• Like 1
    Posted

Some large blobs on the radar tonight merging 

Temp 3.7c 

Dew p 1.6c

Posted

This constant heavy rain is causing mayhem round here, roads completely flooded, fields overwhelmed and rivers burst out all over the place, and it just keeps coming down, awful weather, on top of the floods at Xmas time, we can’t take anymore 😩

• Like 1
    Posted
    15 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

This constant heavy rain is causing mayhem round here, roads completely flooded, fields overwhelmed and rivers burst out all over the place, and it just keeps coming down, awful weather, on top of the floods at Xmas time, we can’t take anymore 😩

Just imagine if it was 2c colder 😩 

let’s hope the beast arrives last week of Jan and those -15c uppers come accross that warmer than average North Sea ❄️️ 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
    59 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Hi Sue, I appreciate you thinking of me, thank you,  we are still numb and in shock and the house feels very empty. It is worse at night as I can't sleep properly and the long nights are very lonely. I hope you will be okay as one parent dying is bad, but losing both is unimaginable. Feel free to pm anytime 

Best

Lassie

Just take it as easy as possible! I’m only just starting to feel a bit better!  Mum did not go quietly! Dad went a week later luckily peacefully! Xx 

• Like 2
    Posted

Apparently I’ve only had 1mm so far today... I can’t believe that, it’s been raining all day practically! If it was snow well. Encouraging hints in guidance of significantly cold air pooling in N/E Europe, now in the event that came our way which ECM 12z seemed primed to do, we’d never have to worry about bloody rain/sleet again! 

• Like 1
    Posted

So the boom has started again for FI in the model discussion, I for one am not getting excited until we in the south east actually cross model agreement  in a reliable time for snow potential. Been disappointed with this cold snap, but look at the bigger picture we’ve cooled down nicely for the heart of winter potentially end of jan early feb, if things go our way could be a classic compared to recent years

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
    2 hours ago, TommyB said:

Miserable day on the whole, currently 2.8c. Had a nice sunset, albeit brief! Went for a quick walk on the beach to get some photos, before it started raining again 😒

IMG_20210105_173559_580.jpg

That's an amazing photograph. Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Like 3
    Posted

Here we go again then. ECM @ Day 10+...

No issues with dew points and uppers if that came off though that’s for sure.

We can but hope that this one may actually deliver last week to 10 days of Jan.

I’d like a week of frosty nights, dry air, low dew points and cold days the week beforehand though please. If it’s not too much to ask.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
    6 minutes ago, Southender said:

Here we go again then. ECM @ Day 10+...

No issues with dew points and uppers if that came off though that’s for sure.

We can but hope that this one may actually deliver last week to 10 days of Jan.

I’d like a week of frosty nights, dry air, low dew points and cold days the week beforehand though please. If it’s not too much to ask.

Always 10 days away mate keeps us interested though! If it verified it’d be cold by mid Jan. only a couple milder days 

• Like 1
    Posted

Huge blob grown around ipswich 

Temp 3.6c 

Dew p 1.6c 

Clear skies 

Just need a drop of 1c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow and if not erm....SNOW

Still lashing it down here, been relentless all day! , grass is like a paddy field!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
    5 minutes ago, martycole said:

I'm getting a little tired of this cold rain....then again, maybe not quite as bad as today in Bolivia.  

Hailstorm then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Persistent Heavy Snow

2c and a dollop of rain coming 😐

So frustrating this spell. 

Just 1c away from Snow, but who knows? 

Posted

Interesting Area of Precip moving WSW from Norfolk looks like a type of Streamer and if this can make it to the Northern and North Western Parts of our region the conditions are favourable atm for some of the white stuff. Parts of North Herts, Beds and East Midlands etc should keep an eye on this I reckon. Probably run out of steam but 1 to watch

Luton 2/0

High Wycombe 1/0

Oxford 1/0

For Instance

Edited by Paul Sherman