Blessed Weather

Posted

Radar looking spot on so far 

Can see the BBC getting this one near enough right 

9 hours from now the band should start to be approaching london

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I have this feeling that this is going to be quite a let down for most of us south of london, it's further north than originally shown, and with the way it's gone so far, it will probability be sleet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
3 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Radar looking spot on so far 

Can see the BBC getting this one near enough right 

9 hours from now the band should start to be approaching london

I see that and I think...is that it??

Posted
4 minutes ago, Downpour said:

451E242D-85DD-4F74-98B5-F6498E77A90E.png

0C399E77-4262-4040-9171-68C5B6D5F436.png

83F1330B-7D24-4A87-8227-867E85AA8C13.png

57DC3BAD-B229-44C9-ADC3-0601831EFF16.png

D4BCBF57-BCC3-4A17-A080-618ABEFE7BE0.png

59498609-ED7B-40DF-B198-8171AACCBDC8.png

1B50B664-0436-42DE-88E5-D0ADF7D99CA1.png

928E68C5-1754-4A0A-A552-8980B916F42B.png

88A2F8BB-597C-464E-8522-DFF12AF0C180.png

2D838080-A375-4FE3-B2FD-12E5FAFD1FFA.png

That’s much further north than the 21:55 beeb forcast!

I was most disappointed but now if this is correct I’m firmly back in the game ??

• Like 2

Posted

I think the only way Kent might see a dusting or ok covering of snow is after it pivots and clears back over Kent into the sea. More likely to be rain/sleet the first time around and more snowy the 2nd on its way back hopefully enough for a dusting !

what’s others opinion on the above ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

These low pressure systems not attached to the Jetstream are like a drunkered wandering around; who know where they'll go or what they'll do! 

Would love to see some lying snow tomorrow as I feel, what with La Nina, this'll be the last opportunity before spring arrives.

To be honest though, I'm not expecting anything my way, looks like Drunken Low will wander further North!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Downpour said:

Latest BBC forecast looks pretty good for much of our region!

What do you recon in terms of longevity and amounts for Walthamstow/Chingford ?
METO have a couple of hrs light snow and then sleet however BBC going for 3hrs of heavy and 5hrs of light! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
Just now, Matty J said:

That’s much further north than the 21:55 beeb forcast!

I was most disappointed but now if this is correct I’m firmly back in the game ??

Isn’t that BBC forecast taken from the earlier models though.... and not the current expectation?

Posted

Marco also says London will “likely see snow falling, at least in the middle of the day”. I was worried about the eastwards progression earlier, now it’s just how far north it pivots, so that’s at least one box ticked

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

BBC forecast looks ok for London - firstly morning/midday snowfall and then another period of snow in the evening. However, falling vs. settling - who knows!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

I think the only way Kent might see a dusting or ok covering of snow is after it pivots and clears back over Kent into the sea. More likely to be rain/sleet the first time around and more snowy the 2nd on its way back hopefully enough for a dusting !

what’s others opinion on the above ? 

The Arpege certainly shows it this way... lots of rain and sleet.
55D47DB7-DC01-4CAA-9D87-378F16C2362C.thumb.png.b9206fc3cedba0f7e45b59f263f5ce05.png

It then goes on to stall in the midlands and as it comes back around shows a little snow for SE but very light and more rain/sleet around. Looking not so good for extreme SE 

6EF016A9-3C2B-4237-9EAA-A72006AFF844.thumb.png.e4f7ae9e569fe2bbeda689be365bb589.png

Edited by Coopsy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I can see areas west of london and north getting snow, Midlands will get hammered, the further south and east of london, I think it's going to be a bit of a disappointment.

Posted
1 minute ago, Coopsy said:

The Aperge certainly shows it this way... lots of rain and sleet.
55D47DB7-DC01-4CAA-9D87-378F16C2362C.thumb.png.b9206fc3cedba0f7e45b59f263f5ce05.png

It then goes on to stall in the midlands and as it comes back around shows a little snow for SE but very light and more rain around. Looking not so good for extreme SE 

6EF016A9-3C2B-4237-9EAA-A72006AFF844.thumb.png.e4f7ae9e569fe2bbeda689be365bb589.png

I will pray for a slight shift east and south to benefit myself but still allowing all of us here to see a good amount !! 

sounds like I’m living in dreamland and asking for to much but a man can dream haha 

• Like 1

You know what guys this has been really draining today from yesterday we have been trying to work out where or how much snow is going to fall and still things are not set in stone yet even to a point where the question is will all areas see it. I feel as if my mind has done a 24 hr shift in the office. I have now come to a point in saying just look outside tomorrow and see what falls and for how long for.

Why does the weather seem harder to determine than back in the old days where I remember if it was to snow then it would and so on.

Anyway I think today's fatigue has taken over me. I hope everyone wins the game tomorrow .

Time for me to draw my curtains and then see what holds when I open them tomorrow.

take care all

night night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

I’m not going to look at radars/forecasts etc now! I’m just going to hope for the best! 

temp -2

dp -3.1 

Farnham (formally know as sweet spot!) Surrey)  

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Spraggyy said:

I will pray for a slight shift east and south to benefit myself but still allowing all of us here to see a good amount !! 

sounds like I’m living in dreamland and asking for to much but a man can dream haha 

You never know that might happen...stranger things have happened when it comes to snow in the SE 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
6 minutes ago, snowrye said:

I can see areas west of london and north getting snow, Midlands will get hammered, the further south and east of london, I think it's going to be a bit of a disappointment.

Couldn’t agree more, looks pretty pants to be honest for the far south and east of the region. I’m far from convinced I’ll see any snow falling never mind settling. Maybe the best chance later in the day after the pivot but looks pretty patchy and light at best by then.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Coopsy said:
5 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

You never know that might happen...stranger things have happened when it comes to snow in the SE 

That is true and there is still a chance for it to move I guess or to bring showers off the coast !! I will be up all night watching the UFC and Cricket so can keep an eye out for headcorn are which is more central Kent I’d say 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Planet Stow said:

What do you recon in terms of longevity and amounts for Walthamstow/Chingford ?
METO have a couple of hrs light snow and then sleet however BBC going for 3hrs of heavy and 5hrs of light! 

Hey Planet Stow I am In Walthamstow as well, everything still not clear yet. I guess we will only find out tomorrow fingers crossed  

• Like 1