Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

I’m guessing it’s just a wait and see situation now! 

temps here (Farnham, Surrey) are 

temp -0.2 

dp -2.3 

I’m keeping everything crossed!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Have a 1 year old to bath and bed, but just to say, forget the every changing auto forecasts.

Get your face to a window from mid morning tomorrow, and have some hope. No forecast will predict this now.

Nowcast for the win. Good luck everyone. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Will that lot have enough ooomph to reach here, or is it supposed to pep up somewhat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Tomorrow is a bit of ‘heart’ and ‘head’ situation.My heart says a 5-7cm fall in this part of NW Kent but my head says a trace to 1cm.There is no consistency whatsoever with the models,the only trend very recently is for things to have moved slightly northwards.As I mentioned last night it will come to a wake up tomorrow morning situation and see what happens.I think the good news is there will be some in this thread that will get quite a good significant covering but inevitably there will be others that will be cursing their luck again.Where this happens?All will be revealed this time tomorrow!!

Been a very cold day here in Locksbottom only reached 2.3 here today with some weak winter sunshine with a minimum of -0.5 early this morning.Already down to -0.1 here and I think many in the SE may have their coldest night of the winter to date.

More positive news is the mild interlude due to come in from Wednesday looks to be becoming a short lived affair and this time next week we could be looking at more snow opportunities that maybe longer lasting(personally I would love a 5-7 cold spell with snow on the ground for the SE THREAD.That is a long way off though and in the immediate future enjoy the snow that falls those lucky enough to get it❄️☃️

stay safe

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
7 minutes ago, jamesgold said:

He’s definitely taking some time off, I think something went down in the MOD thread (hardly surprising) which put him off. Not sure though

Some back and forth occurred with another member, so he was either banned or stopped posting. Won’t be back on NW anymore I dont think. 

You can find him here if you want:

• Like 7

Posted

Temp 1.2c, DP -0.3c here now...if that can keep falling I’ll be happy so we can get a decent hard frost for the rain to fall into tomorrow

Nice, brisk walk down the seafront earlier..1035FC32-85BB-45FA-A932-B7B7C9A997E3.thumb.jpeg.cb80105afea9ad8cce261bb49c6225f0.jpeg

FBB09197-9DDF-4777-AF62-7A8A63369006.thumb.jpeg.8aeb974ef3834947bff06c7252a34c11.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
34 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Im with this one... Good call somewhere around the Surrey Hills.. 

What about leith Hill? 

We live between Leith Hill and Holmbury Hill... fortunately not in the hollow of Holmbury St Mary itself, just up on the hill... hopefully the sweet spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
7 minutes ago, snowrye said:

He's been banned

Yep he got a ‘red’ card for bad language so maybe a time for reflection for him?Am sure in goodness of time opportunity will be there for him to come back if he so wishes.But let’s move on as that’s past let’s look forward to tomorrow and the future❄️

• Like 3

Posted

Ooh lovely. 7hrs of rain for parts of Kent/Essex/London. Hope this is very very wrong.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
13 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Love his forecasts , Nice to see about of personality in there , Miss Rob Mcelwree and one or two others . Remember Rob saying something like this is Just the start or you haven’t seen nothing yet followed by a wink Yes I said wink .

• Like 4

Posted
21 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

More positive news is the mild interlude due to come in from Wednesday looks to be becoming a short lived affair and this time next week we could be looking at more snow opportunities that maybe longer lasting(personally I would love a 5-7 cold spell with snow on the ground for the SE THREAD.That is a long way off though and in the immediate future enjoy the snow that falls those lucky enough to get it❄️☃️

stay safe

I agree with the wanting a longer spell of cold - as much as I will love a bit of snow if it happens tomorrow, it’s a very brief spell and then gone.

I’d like to see a decent fall for all in the SE, a good few hours of steady laying snow to give an even coverage. Followed by top ups to keep it fresh. Nothing crazy so the roads can be cleared for traffic to move about, but enough for snow men, sledging and icicles without thinking it’ll be melted by morning! The sort of thing we saw in our childhoods (if you were born in the early 80’s or before!)

• Like 4

Posted

All to play for. I have a feeling it will go further north and east than what we expect. Fingers crossed as this part of the world has seen only a light dusting all winter. 

Sweet spot could be bucks/oxon border. Especially high up on chilterns. Im on the northern downslope so unlikely to get as much. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Southender said:

Ooh lovely. 7hrs of rain for parts of Kent/Essex/London. Hope this is very very wrong.

That would be an kick in the Ghonads  for

ppl of Sussex and Kent. Will be radar watching tomorrow 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
4 minutes ago, Southender said:

Looks atrocious for most of us in the SE Corner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
6 minutes ago, Southender said:

Oh no the A14 is the new M4

• Like 2

Posted

Ah well. Yet another snow event and for us peeps in the far SE corner I fear its doing to be oh so near, oh so far I think.

I can't help but think that we never really do well from west to east fronts - its always been BFTEs that have created snowmageddon down here!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, WheresTheSnow said:

How reliable is the model forecasting this? Rain for me on that one

it's just the 06z KNMI HARMONIE, chosen mainly because it had a reasonable handle on the likely northern extent in East Anglia when the tweet was created this morning. We'd always suggest never to take any one model literally, but it offers one potential outcome. The turquoise blue colour is 'sleet'.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Not a bad 18z Icon for the Thames estuary region although looks like rain at later timeframes and it seems like it sometimes misses places to the south/east of me especially in NW Kent places like Surrey Bucks Berks Herts look the sweet spot still 

Screenshot_20210123-193834_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-193855_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-193910_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-193946_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-194000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-194023_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2