Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Started to stick now even though it’s very wet, this makes it the fourth time this winter that we’ve had a dusting or more! Impressive for my corner up here in norfolk where i’ve normally struggled to get one day 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

they were running a competion to name the gritters  i suggested  GARY  but for some reason they didnt like my name

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
4 minutes ago, Delka said:

Started to stick now even though it’s very wet, this makes it the fourth time this winter that we’ve had a dusting or more! Impressive for my corner up here in norfolk where i’ve normally struggled to get one day 

Hopefully you’ll get some coverage when the heavy stuff starts.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Hopefully you’ll get some coverage when the heavy stuff starts.

i’m not expecting more then a dusting which’ll be gone by morning but it’s nice to see it fall again, it’s been a very good winter for me this year!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Delka said:

i’m not expecting more then a dusting which’ll be gone by morning but it’s nice to see it fall again, it’s been a very good winter for me this year!

Been odd this Winter for East Anglia, as if I'm right your snowfall has come from frontal events. Norfolk normally is best situated from snow showers from the north sea.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, zubzero said:

Been odd this Winter for East Anglia, as if I'm right your snowfall has come from frontal events. Norfolk normally is best situated from snow showers from the north sea.

I think you’re correct, normally we miss any snowfall from these events and it hits the midlands and either decays or is just too marginal by the time it’s here

the only time i’ve known so many days of snow since moving here in 2013 was the BFTE 2018, which is obviously favourable for eastern locations 

Posted

Snow definitely just stepped up wow! Heaviest snowfall i’ve seen in years, instantly settled on the road in the past minute and left a full covering now

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Delka said:

Snow definitely just stepped up wow! Heaviest snowfall i’ve seen in years, instantly settled on the road in the past minute and left a full covering now

and back to lighter stuff now, seems like i’m just to the south of the heavy stuff sadly. although closing in on 1cm settled on the conservatory roof and a dusting spread out elsewhere 

edit: another heavy burst with bigger flakes, very fun to watch as it can’t seem to make up its mind on how much wants to come down!

Edited by Delka
  • Like 2

Posted

Really happy some of you are seeing snow !! 

correct me if I’m wrong but for me in Kent I feel like it will mainly be sleet at best for us on Sunday for a couple of hours  

someone please tell me I’m talking ****

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

Really happy some of you are seeing snow !! 

correct me if I’m wrong but for me in Kent I feel like it will mainly be sleet at best for us on Sunday for a couple of hours  

someone please tell me I’m talking ****

I feel the same, I'm sure most models have sleet rather than snow for where I am. But I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

Up early as fishing the local river today with my brother and Dad. Boys day out and I'm thankful that fishing is permitted in lockdown I've not been out the house other than to he yard for work were we are isolated in our own unit.. 

Models now firming up and we have a pretty good idea how things will go tomorrow Hats of to the ECM and GFS for holding firm on this.. 

• Like 2

Posted

just caught up on last night, 2008 for me, joined after the met check forums! Then witnessed my best snowfall in Dec 2010, snow was laying for weeks! Seems so long ago now, surely due another spell soon ??
Confidence building for snow tomorrow, harmonie has the front travelling across the south into London and SE and then pivoting in east anglia and back down into the southeast tomorrow night

Edited by lewis028
  • Like 2

Posted

Well with an update like that with 24 hours to go from the metoffice gets me excited, if this snow doesn’t happen tomorrow it will be the biggest let down

actually just seem latest bbc forecast it shows rain for my location - looking like another non event for me if they are right

Edited by clark3r
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

Nice update from the met! Finger crossed we can all see a covering ! 

C5603852-AA16-439A-8516-0D4FF40CE8F1.jpeg

Excitment level increased again this morning after seeing overnight runs.. Looks like the front pivots over someone lucky in our region producing higher snowfall totals.. Somewhere tomorrow if all goes well is going to see quite a bit of snow and I expect maybe push 2-3 inches in the sweet spot

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Excitment level increased again this morning after seeing overnight runs.. Looks like the front pivots over someone lucky in our region producing higher snowfall totals.. Somewhere tomorrow if all goes well is going to see quite a bit of snow and I expect maybe push 2-3 inches in the sweet spot

Where do u think that could be!? I’d love just 1cm here in east Kent ! But still won’t believe it until it happens! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

An absolute shocker here last night. Not even sure how it is possible for snow to turn back to rain here before turning back to snow east of here.

An overcast start with temperatures just above freezing and no frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

morning all! 

I still won’t believe it until I see it!

I wonder now if we will be too far south!! (Farnham, Surrey) 

a lovely cold morning (even with no heating!) 

temp -1.7 

dp - 2.1 to 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, paget said:

morning all! 

I still won’t believe it until I see it!

I wonder now if we will be too far south!! (Farnham, Surrey) 

a lovely cold morning (even with no heating!) 

temp -1.7 

dp - 2.1 to 

Morning Paget. I suspect things will start to get very interesting from hereon in as regards snow. 

• Like 2