Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

What do you mean

I have had 2 Frosts in the last 10 days and my temp got down to -2c thats notable for a location that has not had lying snow for 34 months 

Hahahahahahaha what a joke

I saw a few flakes of sleet earlier this evening. This will definitely go down in the history books!

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, smarklew said:

Every app I have says it’s snowing here in Crowborough. I can confirm it is not snowing. It’s not even raining. 

Just down the road from you quote me when you see snow as next village in line after you lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Found todays Forecast all that rain dumped 28cm of Snow over the North Downs. 

Oh if we were not locked down eh

Never mind the North Downs what about sea level inner London Rotherhithe !! I’ve never known anything like it.

D63BF2BC-58D9-4B69-8D39-7CCDC4AE8DF3.thumb.jpeg.a34c0528a8830b1f64f0e0cc42e697b0.jpeg4BA54022-4FF1-4A13-9E8D-3B90C8649056.thumb.png.b3b7540c0af139f7f136bdcf9ea98232.pngEBCD10A9-40D3-4CC0-A0C9-C00AA841AC40.thumb.png.f567000198b7d68a0b312829c1a1ee03.png8682B406-ECE8-45F4-AF3A-DB6B5F086353.thumb.jpeg.560784d3863b6c955622deab489d2312.jpeg49B175C3-D422-4D53-8067-96768544752B.thumb.png.51c248dd824b81ee210774487eec0254.pngB5C9C05F-704E-44A6-9BA8-FB722A7E6AD7.thumb.jpeg.60e182e9e3b9090df51fe6b644c47ae1.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Well, that's just typical of this cold spell, current temp of 1.7C and DP of -0.3C and no precipitation anywhere near. Will be too late in the night to wait up for a shower I think.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

1.7c here now but keeps alternating a lot! Come on precip atleast we might see some flakes mixed in if not snow 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Well, that's just typical of this cold spell, current temp of 1.7C and DP of -0.3C and no precipitation anywhere near. Will be too late in the night to wait up for a shower I think.

Yes I'm just down the road in South Croydon with slightly higher DP of 0.6.  Looking at the radar and trying to extrapolate the stream coming in from the NE, looks like we could be clipped by some wet snow or sleet but it looks 2 hours way and not intense.

Good news is that the cold to our east is likely to increase given the SSW predictions.  All we will need is the easterly in 10 days + time.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by Trom
punctuation
  • Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Opposite here Nick! Lots of showers but not cold enough, you gotta laugh! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Nimbusman said:

Yep same here, just some icy bits in the rain. Not even flakes.

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I thought that catching it again was meant to be extremely unlikely. I’ve been careful but I guess you just don’t know. When will you get your results? Hope you don’t feel too unwell? Some snow would be very cheerful Failing that, some sunshine ☀️ 

Thanks for your kind words. The results should come through within a week pending how bust they are!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

That last shower was heading straight for me as it passed.througj the North Sea and Essex then skirted around me to the south around my shower shield! can't make it up

Screenshot_20210104-233938_Rain Alarm.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nimbusman said:

Oh how I long for a decent easterly where you don't have to worry about marginality, even at sea level, back in the 80s, yes Im old, don't ever remember an easterly in early January being marginal, oh how times have changed.

• Like 9

Posted

1.6c another step in the right direction surely atleast sleet would be achievable now even here with the lowering dew points too

Posted
42 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Yep wait for the temps to increase a degree or two and the precip/rain will fall like magic, we really do have an cursed climate  

Edited by Mustang

Posted
16 minutes ago, TommyB said:

Just looked outside and I can see the moon ?‍♂️ must be time for bed

Its very frustrating isn't anyone under any of these showers to my north South East or SW? They keep avoiding my bit of the Thames like the plague lol got to laugh

Screenshot_20210105-000924_Rain Alarm.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
38 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Oh how I long for a decent easterly where you don't have to worry about marginality, even at sea level, back in the 80s, yes Im old, don't ever remember an easterly in early January being marginal, oh how times have changed.

Agreed. Also old enough to remember the 80’s events and obviously Feb  91, I think we’ve been terribly unlucky here with no real cold to tap into when the synoptics are just right. Having said I seem to remember a while ago a wise poster used to mention it sometimes take a few failed attempts at an easterly to hit the jackpot... let’s hope the dice fall kindly for us post SSW!

Edited by Nimbusman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The wrong side of marginal and it rains and rains a lot all bleeping day, the right side of marginal and the showers die out lol

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Its very frustrating isn't anyone under any of these showers to my north South East or SW? They keep avoiding my bit of the Thames like the plague lol got to laugh

Screenshot_20210105-000924_Rain Alarm.jpg

Just had another look and it's raining hard, moon gone

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Resigned to the fact Dover will not get below 2 dew point wise. Night everyone. I hope for a few surprises further west.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Enough is enough, im off to Bedfordshire, night folks

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

i cant see it snowing tonight where i am and i think that we will be lucky to get a dusting this year looking at the forecasts

Posted

Just heard something against the window, looked out and it was sleeting heavily, briefly turned to wet snow with a few big wet flakes, then petered out to light rain. 

Oh, it's sleeting again