Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
12 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

How is Davina, by the way

Do you remember back in 2008 when I told you I was 2 alter egos on BBC Snow Watch with both Davina Allen and her Indian Cousin Davindra Allen. I never did find out who was behind Bill Farkin and Dave Allen. Brilliant days though

• Like 2

Posted
57 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

I joined in ‘03 too then created a new profile in ‘05. Used to be on the old bbc weather watch and when that shut down came onto here. I’m sure the bbc site used to shut down at 11pm every night lol. Time flies! 

14 years for me, also a refugee from the BBC weather watch forum. That was such a frustrating forum, it’d just start snowing and they’d shut for the night!

Edited; it’s 15 years, keep forgetting its 2021! I joined January 2006

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Snow watch was hilarious! How do you find out what member number you are?

It used to be on here in the early days dont think its in the Avatar bit nowadays though, would imagine you were in the low hundreds though as I remember you from those early days

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Do you remember back in 2008 when I told you I was 2 alter egos on BBC Snow Watch with both Davina Allen and her Indian Cousin Davindra Allen. I never did find out who was behind Bill Farkin and Dave Allen. Brilliant days though

You weren’t Davina and Davindra were you?!  The rows that were had between those accounts and Bill Farkin and Dave Allen with his grebes and SCOD/FCOD’s (remember those?)

Edit: I was on the Met Monkey site for some time after the BBC days too; Bill Farkin appeared on there and carried on the cut off date nonsense 

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

It used to be on here in the early days dont think its in the Avatar bit nowadays though, would imagine you were in the low hundreds though as I remember you from those early days

On an ENE/E airflow you were pretty much upstream of my location back in the older days and we'd often share similar weather thanks to the Estuary. I in turn was an upstream person for Tom and Steve on certain airflows. 

I'm also a goldie oldie on this site, joined officially in early Feb 04 though I was a watcher for a week or two beforehand thanks to the snow of Jan 04.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
17 minutes ago, Laurence Hill said:

A pity SM is not with us.  He gave great support.

He's on Twitter @Steve_RSport

Posted
1 minute ago, 80sWeather said:

Heavy snow here West of Cambridge.

795EFF26-B243-4AF1-97EC-D26BB19F5813.jpeg

Brother just told/showed me similar he,s between Hardwick and Cambourne ( near the garage) in Cambridge its rain after a brief heavy hail shower.

• Like 1

Posted

I used to post a lot more then!

Posted
1 minute ago, huntso said:

I remember someone going on about massive snow in Lootons on the BBC weather watch board

Crazy snowman I think! 

• Like 1

Posted

As for Sunday, think I will head upto the downs that are near where to I live. I'd imagine Butser may well get a decent amount settle providing the precip is far enough north. 200m+ should be enough to overcome any marginality there might be near the coast.

Good news is the majority of high resolution models such as UKV and Arome are still showing snow event, its on,y the Euro4 that is too far south for pretty much all the region, but it was way too far south last time around in the end (having it basically in France when it clipped the south coast all the way to Sussex, though mainly as rain sadly away from high ground.).

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

14 years for me, also a refugee from the BBC weather watch forum. That was such a frustrating forum, it’d just start snowing and they’d shut for the night!

Nuff said! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

After the 2010 event we bought one of these!  We were stuck in our lane for weeks (steep little lane) 

Buying that Put the kibosh on our chances on any snow since, it’s my fault! 

1B1AE34C-6743-405A-8E37-98C7AEC93E92.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

You weren’t Davina and Davindra were you?!  The rows that were had between those accounts and Bill Farkin and Dave Allen with his grebes and SCOD/FCOD’s (remember those?)

Edit: I was on the Met Monkey site for some time after the BBC days too; Bill Farkin appeared on there and carried on the cut off date nonsense 

Guilty M  Lord

Crazy snowfans for Lootons with his doggis broadis

If the Grebes were pointing east in September the first frosts would come in November and Seagulls flying backwards before the cut off date spelt a mild winter. Nuff Said

Our big rival in those days was a poster called AnotherpIntof Mild who was probably someone on here in the early days as well

The threads on those BBC Boards had me in stitches

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, kold weather said:

On an ENE/E airflow you were pretty much upstream of my location back in the older days and we'd often share similar weather thanks to the Estuary. I in turn was an upstream person for Tom and Steve on certain airflows. 

I'm also a goldie oldie on this site, joined officially in early Feb 04 though I was a watcher for a week or two beforehand thanks to the snow of Jan 04.

Yh remember those days Darren think you lived in Thurrock in those days didnt you

Posted
3 minutes ago, zubzero said:

Not sure what forum. But anyone remember. "Will it snow in Carlisle" themed post's. 

He was on snow watch and I’m pretty sure on here too but I can’t remember his name!

Posted

Guilty M  Lord

Crazy snowfans for Lootons with his doggis broadis

If the Grebes were pointing east in September the first frosts would come in November and Seagulls flying backwards before the cut off date spelt a mild winter. Nuff Said

Our big rival in those days was a poster called AnotherpIntof Mild who was probably someone on here in the early days as well

The threads on those BBC Boards had me in stitches

And Ian “WTF” Brown.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Been a member on here for years now . Must be about 2005 I think . I was a member on metcheck but then found my way to here and never looked back . Seen some great people come and go . John pike is one name that springs to mind . 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, zubzero said:

Not sure what forum. But anyone remember. "Will it snow in Carlisle" themed post's. 

I think that was also on the BBC, don't think it ever did snow in Carlisle

Posted
Just now, Southender said:

And Ian “WTF” Brown.

I think he might have been AnotherPintOfMild actually certainly fits the bill.

• Like 1