Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
27 minutes ago, Brassmonkeylily said:

Really disappointing  from BBC for the SE 

weekly weather update .. we miss all the rain action this week  then we go into a drought from next weekend onwards !  

At least we'll dry out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

According to the mad thread, it's BOOM time, we're all getting buried, and we'll all need an ark

Lol up and down like a rollercoaster in there at the min.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Brassmonkeylily said:

Really disappointing  from BBC for the SE 

weekly weather update .. we miss all the rain action this week  then we go into a drought from next weekend onwards !  

Actually I don't mind missing the rain.

Posted

Now it’s a long way away atm but potential for something at the weekend maybe ? I mean I am not getting my hopes up at all and will not bother looking again until the rain and floods pass Wednesday/Thursday but just wondering if anyone thinks there is a small potential?

I am spending the next two/three days in and out of hospital to sort out my priosis (however it’s spelt) of the skin. 

so hope you all stay safe and well and hopefully come back to some promising news or build up for the weekend 

stay safe all !!!

• Like 3

Posted

Saturday night into Sunday holds a little interest but again, as been the story of the winter, looks a bit on the wrong side of marginal away from the highest areas. 

We probably need the jet to ease of a bit before anything of real interest occurs, unless it can dig a bit further south than is being modelled. 

Might be quite a bit into February before we really see that, if at all. 

• Like 2

Posted
47 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Saturday night into Sunday holds a little interest but again, as been the story of the winter, looks a bit on the wrong side of marginal away from the highest areas. 

We probably need the jet to ease of a bit before anything of real interest occurs, unless it can dig a bit further south than is being modelled. 

Might be quite a bit into February before we really see that, if at all. 

I suspect we will. Early days. 19th is my benchmark for charts to start reflecting sww.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

After all that hype the weekend was a disappointment . The expectation of snow is almost as good as the snow itself so , on to the next event.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

On the bright side, if we don't get anything decent over the next few weeks, at least we'll be closing in on noticeably lighter evenings (and early spring warmth with any luck). Love that transition period, probably one of my favourite times of the year. 

Add that to the vaccine rollout and plenty to be positive about, even in the midst of a pretty miserable winter in every sense so far

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
8 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

On the bright side, if we don't get anything decent over the next few weeks, at least we'll be closing in on noticeably lighter evenings (and early spring warmth with any luck). Love that transition period, probably one of my favourite times of the year. 

Add that to the vaccine rollout and plenty to be positive about, even in the midst of a pretty miserable winter in every sense so far

It was definitely a little lighter this morning under clear skies and a frost.

• Like 2

Posted

+2.2C here at Silver Hill, Salehurst, East Sussex right now but 3 minutes down the road at Bodiam at the bottom of the Rother valley currently -3.2C. Both using Davis VP2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

When do you think this is? 

Screenshot_20210118_083745_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c1cf62fd4a4ca65cb89df0bc22e7e04c.jpg

Edited by Hurricane Squad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

I see there's quite a bit of pessimism on the Model Thread again, this Morning.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, that we might see the opposite, to which occured in some parts of the Region, on Saturday just gone.

Rather than a Snow > Rain event, perhaps a Rain > Snow event.

This wouldn't require a lot of tweaking, to deliver the above.

image.thumb.png.eaff5c88242de782f7b18d7a5720dd0e.png

I had a long telephone conversation with an acquaintance of mine, South East Meteorologist Ian Currie.

It was Mr. Currie who kindly gave me permission to reproduce images of those Snow photos, from the Kent and Surrey Weather Books, that he co-wrote.

Ian is quite happy, the way his Long Range Winter Forecast, is panning out at the moment.

His L.R.F. went for a mixed December, January on the cold side,

Let's hope Ian is right about his prediction for February. He goes for a colder than average Month, with a little bit of Snow around. Not a Snow Fest by any means but certainly more than we've seen so far, this Winter.

He foresees a lot of Low Pressure out to our East, which suggests High Pressure to our N.W.

Ian has recorded 14 Ground Frosts (10 of which were Air Frosts), so far this Winter, at his Weather Station at his Home in Storrington, in West Sussex.

Unsurprisingly, he has endured a pretty wet Winter so far in West Sussex, with some more to come this Week.

Mr. Currie still supplies Long Range Forecasts to Vineyard owners, who supply Wine to the Waitrose chain of Supermarkets.

He also used to write a Weather Column in the Croydon Advertiser and a Gardening Magazine.

Ian still appears on BBC Radio Surrey/Sussex, during their Gardening programme "Dig It", once a Month on a Sunday with a Weather slot.

Regards,

Tom. 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

From reading a few posts in the MOD thread , it looks great for northern blocking but there isn't any and the northern blocking is not actually blocking in the north, blocks are blocking over Spain and southern England, so actually winter is over.

Posted
3 hours ago, Hurricane Squad said:

When do you think this is? 

Screenshot_20210118_083745_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c1cf62fd4a4ca65cb89df0bc22e7e04c.jpg

Tomorrow morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

The very tip of Bedford is in amber, while i'm in yellow. 

Just rain, boring old rain.

However, we have had an issue with flooding in our village, so hopefully it doesn't get too bad again.

rain is boring.

unless it's thundering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Well..

So much for the "snowier than the BFTE for many" rhetoric some were spouting on Twitter last week. The outlook for us down here snow wise is rather poor, rain & flooding on the other hand could become a growing problem with lows moving in off the Atlantic. the ground is already pretty saturated! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
2 hours ago, Met4Cast said:

Well..

So much for the "snowier than the BFTE for many" rhetoric some were spouting on Twitter last week. The outlook for us down here snow wise is rather poor, rain & flooding on the other hand could become a growing problem with lows moving in off the Atlantic. the ground is already pretty saturated! 

Its also gone so quiet on here as well, the rivers here in mid Norfolk not really gone down since the floods at Christmas...lots of the flood plains are full so not sure where it will all go. However weather quest said the far east of the region will escape the worst of the  ? this week  so hopefully the rivers will cope...I reckon we we be seeing devastating news In the northwest by Friday 

Posted

Just sharing this....6 days out. What can go wrong lol 

C363E82B-5B76-4890-A286-EB6DDECBF0C6.jpeg