Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
24 minutes ago, caistor top said:

It’s only banter,just like some of your own querying the total posted,il put my rod away

I haven't queried anything anywhere, think may be you have the wrong person.

Posted

Well that was dreary like winter, it did begin as wet snow but it quickly turned to something sleety, the radar was definitely porkies I only had 4mm the intensity was not what I was expecting. Seems even most progressive with front were too fast with it so the turn to rain happened quite speedily for most they only had 2 hours at best maybe 4 hours in Norfolk ect. I think it’s about time we had some luck in this region, fingers crossed with next weekend a southerly tracking low likely to engage cold air to north of course we aren’t exactly favoured as central or northern areas or many an occasion it goes too south. It can deliver handsomely. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.
1 hour ago, SLEETY said:

Cant  believe we are being mocked about some of the snow we got here in the yorkshire e england thread,its only weather you know.,are people really that sad..

Or we get our own back in the summer when they get a 23 degree, 2 day “heatwave”

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 hours ago, Coopsy said:

A round up of a few places in the SE this morning from my friends/family.

Looks like my old stomping ground of blue bell hill (north Kent downs) did well at 600ft asl. My friend sent me this when she was out walking this morning. She said there was about 2-3 cms 

72A5D587-CB95-40D6-907F-D05AE9EC606E.thumb.jpeg.97c88d66140ef1a8def4bc3a770ea9a0.jpeg

I also have a friend on the Suffolk/Norfolk border at low ground who sent me this... just a little less. So it made all the difference being north of the Thames and inland, unless you had a lot of elevation further south. 
D4B7706B-807A-4A7C-89D2-5BFFEF21D626.thumb.jpeg.4314b3726209173a68afe19734c40873.jpeg

And then there was my cousin bless him - big snow fan who lives in Ipswich and this is all he got...

60DEDFAD-1030-47E5-B587-B7FAC48B0D45.thumb.jpeg.bb83d855ff2bc2d041750f34ffb27c5d.jpeg

I love snow but the last picture shows what I hate about snow.. Trying to navigate across dirty slushy roads and pavements without spoiling your footwear or slipping and falling into it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Went to bed at 3am, up briefly at 6.30am, few flakes on the velux, up properly at 8.30am, rain, no sign of any covering, so must have been very brief. At least it brightened up a couple of hours ago, and the sun even made an appearance, which was most welcome. The evening's are drawing out now, 4.45pm, and still light.

Posted

Still only 5c here, confused as I was expecting to be warmer once the rain left. Although the low DP is gone, that's 5 as well.

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

I never went in there, and after reading comments in here, have no intention of doing so.

Sounds like good sport?  Nicer the more gentle threads though. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Sounds like good sport?  Nicer the more gentle threads though. 

I'm not in the mood. Really quite tired today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
2 hours ago, Icebox said:

I won't venture into that thread anymore for that exact reason... I was going to congratulate them on their snowfall but left before rising to the bait!

Well, at least we have proper storms lol. 

Plus we don't expect Snow so 1mm is enough for us to get as excited as them. 

Posted
3 hours ago, SLEETY said:

Cant  believe we are being mocked about some of the snow we got here in the yorkshire e england thread,its only weather you know.,are people really that sad..

I was reading in there, as I do all regional threads as I love to see the weather going on across the country. I am genuinely happy for people when they get their weather type wherever they are but a few in there have some real issues and were quite vitriol . I really don’t understand it. Here’s to the next 0.25 cm’s of snow for the SE and the excitement it brings . Sod everyone else

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 9

Posted
52 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I'm not in the mood. Really quite tired today.

Always tired.  Always trying to push it if in the right mood. Always busy thinking can that be right?

Unusually for me had a kip this afternoon.  I was busy writing stuff last night at about 3.00am dealing with stuff to resolve that had nothing to do with Covid other than it has caused horrendous problems for other problems  

Nothing to do with this thread or website. 

Edited by Snipper

Posted
2 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

Now gone very quiet in here compared to this time yesterday! Haha

I’ve read on Twitter, Friday could be another messy event!?

Probably we are all getting ready for tomorrow’s church service.  It is Sunday tomorrow isn’t it?  Or is it the day to put the bins out? Lost the plot unfortunately concerning which day is what. 

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Probably we are all getting ready for tomorrow’s church service.  It is Sunday tomorrow isn’t it?  Or is it the day to put the bins out? Lost the plot unfortunately concerning which day is what. 

It’s Sweday 37th of Janvember 3696

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
5 hours ago, SLEETY said:

All things balance out in the end with the nice warm summers we get.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Sad not to see any snow falling today and not having any this cold spell other than 10 minutes.  Main concern for this thread next week will be flooding, so keep an eye on the Environmental Agency website

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Oh Yay ??‍♂️

CDE0F95A-51A0-48F2-A259-AFFDDB4D29E2.jpeg

Lol snap!