Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Noticed on net weather radar that precipitation on London is turning blue (Rain) yet the outer suburbs is green (sleet)… London warming in great effect 

Posted

More snow than rain here now, I'd imagine over 200M+ would be exclusively snow now.

Front half of the system is more rain and sleety stuff, but as you had towards the back part of the band it does seem to increasingly turn to snow.

• Thanks 1

Posted

We are under blues on the radar and looking outside it's light drizzle. Temp is 3.4C and dew point 1.5C so definitely rain for us. Solid grey skies all around.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
Just now, Reefseeker said:

We are under blues on the radar and looking outside it's light drizzle. Temp is 3.4C and dew point 1.5C so definitely rain for us. Solid grey skies outside.

Yes the rain has arrived perhaps some sleet later .

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, UKSupercell said:

How high up are you in Liphook? I'm over Liss way just N of Petersfield only 70m ASL and it's been sleety rain for probably going on an hour now, slightly heavier over the last half hour but not what I'd actually define as "heavy." 

Wonder what it's like over Black Down Hill, Haslemere, 270m up. 

Also, there's a beautiful woodland out in the sticks 10 mins west of me, and the views from the top are amazing. 240m ASL there, wonder if it's snowing. Tempted to possibly drive over there in a while. 

I'm around 110M up, it does seem to sometimes make a difference in very marginal circumstances. Driving down the A3 on last Monday it was pretty clear the difference even an extra 5-10 miles inlandf made as well as any height.

It started sleety, its just turned pretty much to pure snow in the last 10 minutes or so. 

I went to Devils punch bowl last Sunday morning which was a very wintry experience. I'd imagine over 200m this would be more or less pure snow up that way now.

I was tempted to go that up again this afternoon, but not sure it was worth the effort for a small marginal fall.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted

Heavy sleet, with large snowflakes now falling. It's trying and to be honest, giving me some entertainment on what can only be described as a dreary Sunday. Fingers crossed for something a bit tastier next weekend. Bordon. Gu35

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I'm around 110M up, it does seem to sometimes make a difference in very marginal circumstances. Driving down the A3 on last Monday it was pretty clear the difference even an extra 5-10 miles inlandf made as well as any height.

It started sleety, its just turned pretty much to pure snow in the last 10 minutes or so. 

I went to Devils punch bowl last Sunday morning which was a very wintry experience. I'd imagine over 200m this would be more or less pure snow up that way now.

I was tempted to go that up again this afternoon, but not sure it was worth the effort for a small marginal fall.

My drive to work is from Bordon to Horsham and it really did and does. Over the winter I have seen dustings on the ground up near Hindhead and Haslemere, where 10 mins down the road in Bordon we have had nothing but the wet stuff.  Last Sundays event was definitely good for our side of the county though as driving across the Surrey hills the margin line seemed to be Plaistow. Went from white to green pretty much round one corner. We basically have snow now to.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, BeazleyBlizzard said:

Heavy sleet, with large snowflakes now falling. It's trying and to be honest, giving me some entertainment on what can only be described as a dreary Sunday. Fingers crossed for something a bit tastier next weekend. Bordon. Gu35

Definitely more snow where I am which obviously isn't far away from you.

Not going to settle though!

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Definitely more snow where I am which obviously isn't far away from you.

Not going to settle though!

It’s frustrating isn’t it. 
it snowed heavily here yesterday for 6hours but no accumulations except slightly on the chilterns. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Ok there is the odd wet flake mixed in now so it can be classed as sleet

• Like 1

Posted

Temp 1.7c / DP 0.9c - drizzle here - if it gets heavier, then who knows?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Viewing the main thread. In my opinion it’s being ruined by people who are desperate to big up or write off the whole run as soon as each individual frame comes out. Would be far more readable If they could just control themselves and wait until the whole thing, or at least most of it, has rolled out.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Hi everyone

i’d say (new word learnt!)  there’s definite graupel falling! More snow than sleet but still very wet! 

Temp 2.5

Dp 1.5 

(Farnham, Surrey) 

• Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Viewing the main thread. In my opinion it’s being ruined by people who are desperate to big up or write off the whole run as soon as each individual frame comes out. Would be far more readable If they could just control themselves and wait until the whole thing, or at least most of it, has rolled out.

Unfortunately there’s a fair few posters who, multiple times a day , as runs come out, race to see who can post the coldest boom charts, usually 10 days out. No doubt for likes.

Also, as you say, those same people hang on every individual run which causes the rollercoaster emotions so often seen. As John Holmes widely states time and time again just pick one and follow it every 24 hours to look for trends. Less rollercoasters and just a wise thing to do.

Thankfully there’s some great posters in there as well who do that, have huge amounts of knowledge and talk about possibilities of emerging trends, warm and cold and are very balanced. It just gets tiresome trawling through to find those.

What can you do? Strictly they’re talking about models. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2