Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.
1 minute ago, Polaris said:

Really hope this updated Meto Forecast happens tomorrow 

52FD22EB-C665-48FE-A0F7-58C699D16D2C.png

Hope so as well. Fed up on missing out on every single snow event and ending up with cold rain. Not seen any snow so far this winter..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
14 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Really hope this updated Meto Forecast happens tomorrow 

52FD22EB-C665-48FE-A0F7-58C699D16D2C.png

I’m amazed by this as it’s currently 8 Degrees!

Hope we see something.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, 80sWeather said:

I’m amazed by this as it’s currently 8 Degrees!

Hope we see something.

I know it’s crazy, feels so mild. 

Need a ‘Day after tomorrow’ temperature drop 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

After today’s deluge this morning it cleared up about 12.30 here in Locksbottom and was quite a pleasant afternoon although not as mild as yesterday(11.6) and peaked at 8.6.Looks a miserable day here tomorrow with a lot more rain and maybe even a bit of sleet.As TB above says and as I have thought for last couple days any accumulating snow will be north and west of the Thames and this will stretch into Midlands and Wales.There may be a little sleet or snow on North Downs above 450-500 ft so places like Biggin Hill may see a temporary covering.The wait goes on for Sussex Kent and Essex and that wait will go on till this time next week at least.If the latest ECM is anything to go by then it will be a lot longer but a lot of knee jerk reaction on MOD Thread atm so maybe see where we are in a couple days due to the continued volatility in the models due to SSW.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Looking further ahead, of the Weekend's "Will it, won't it", drama, MeteoGroup courtesy of Stav Danaos, making all the right noises regarding the prospect of some very cold Weather reaching the U.K.,, from the East, later next Week. 

Weather for the week ahead - BBC Weather

Regards,

Tom. 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
5 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Looking further ahead, of the Weekend's "Will it, won't it", drama, MeteoGroup courtesy of Stav Danaos, making all the right noises regarding the prospect of some very cold Weather reaching the U.K.,, from the East, later next Week. 

Regards,

Tom. 

Lot's of 'could' in that forecast Tom, going by the latest ECM more of a 'could of'

I think we'll know by about Sunday roughly what direction we'll be going in for later next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
20 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Regards,

Tom. 

Cheers Tom for the update.A very messy picture for the SE For the next 5 days.Would love a few dry days for ground to dry up as every time it rains my back garden is flooding each time as just nowhere for the water to go and looking at pictures in this thread over last few days I am not alone there.Feels we are close to this cold spell that the Met office are talking about but there are a few hurdles to overcome first and as we know 5 days ahead atm is deemed a LRF!!Just keeping ??That things fall in to place for everyone in this thread and other threads to enjoy all the joys that snow brings☃️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Chiltern_Blizzard said:

Tim. Thoughts in heights to settle? I'm at 90asl. But I think anything over 150 will seeing settling snow. 

Don't know which side of town you are. But for reference last weekend I went up to Oving (about 150asl) and there was much more lying snow than in the floodplains of Buckingham park. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bucksnow said:

Don't know which side of town you are. But for reference last weekend I went up to Oving (about 150asl) and there was much more lying snow than in the floodplains of Buckingham park. 

I'm aston clinton side. I had abkut 4cm lying snow but melted very quick. Comparison a few miles away about 130asl it was laying for a few days. Places in the chiltern hills got 4 inches last week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Looks like we might have some disruptive sleet on Saturday, whatever that is.

Cold wet stuff that falls from the sky, and adds to our very high water table, right now even drizzle can be disruptive to some of us. Rivers are very high.

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

I don't want anymore rain so wet here.

Agreed... and not desperately ideal conditions either in which to own a Westie... She's never had so many shower-downs