Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

This is far more of a  common streamer  sort of set up (Kent clippers) affecting North mid or East Kent than a Thames streamer, that requires the rare holy grail of a proper ENE flow goodluck to all that are under the shower trains

Very true though I think the east Kent streamer will have more mixing than the mid Kent atm. Both likely just snow falling (at best) rather than accumulation. Indeed good luck to all 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Maidstone seems to be at the heart of the current shower streamer intensity wise in this half of Kent, its a few miles east of my location, would be great to hear of it settling in some spots atleast

Screenshot_20210125-002928_Netweather Radar.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

That’s the last time I listen to my gut lol 

Only lasted about 25 mins gave a small dusting but will be gone by morning !! Just enjoyed a cigarette in it and now I’m content ! 

hopefully more to come in feb for everyone 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I notice already FWIW some apps not that we can really trust them are showing wintry precip next Saturday in line with the models showing a bit of an Easterly flow atleast temporarily, and upper air temps on ECM 12z look colder than today

Screenshot_20210125-001729_BBC Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-220804_BBC Weather.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
21 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Maidstone seems to be at the heart of the current shower streamer intensity wise in this half of Kent, its a few miles east of my location, would be great to hear of it settling in some spots atleast

Screenshot_20210125-002928_Netweather Radar.jpg

Can report in Boxley (top end) ..nothing! Also Medway as drove through.

The wind has picked up though..as exciting as it gets currently.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Light snow here in Mayfield, settling on car, bin etc. Had a look at the radar and looks like more to come. Would love to wake up to a covering after the snow drought round here!

Had lovely big fat flakes for about 5 mins this afternoon  but didn't as settle. Stupid that I'm excited over a few little flakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very light snow here between Halland and Ringmer. Hopefully something visible come morning.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Heavy snow in Sellindge, 1cm on ground and counting!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Wow, so I managed to miss any snow as the front moved North yesterday and I wake this morning and look out my window and again we missed the snow that cleared away South overnight.. Snow shields working 100%..

Pleased for all you guys who got some yesterday.

Nice frost outside..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Road conditions are horrendous this morning , -5 when I left home and black ice under surface snow . Even main roads like the A1 are pretty slippy. Be careful if you have to venture out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparky68 said:

Road conditions are horrendous this morning , -5 when I left home and black ice under surface snow . Even main roads like the A1 are pretty slippy. Be careful if you have to venture out.

Yep..My road is a ice rink. We even put grit down yesterday on the patio but the flakes were so big and heavy it didn't work... Then it kicked in and melted the snow in the afternoon but now is all icy again!!

The video in the thread of the snow in Knaphill is what it was like here for about 3 hours.. 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yep..My road is a ice rink. We even put grit down yesterday on the patio but the flakes were so big and heavy it didn't work... Then it kicked in and melted the snow in the afternoon but now is all icy again!!

The video in the thread of the snow in Knaphill is what it was like here for about 3 hours.. 

Same with my road/estate in Dorking. It didn’t thaw that much at all yesterday afternoon and the snow was compacted by people walking a few cars. My MOT was booked in for today but I figured it wouldn’t pass if it was in a ditch on one the local rural roads so I postponed it. I am hoping the sun helped with the thaw today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I’m happy that my shift at work starts at 1pm so can wait for a thaw on the roads. Currently -7c here, will pop out and get a few pictures this morning, a beautiful clear blue sky overhead this morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Sunny, snowy and icy morning here in the Surrey Hills, Holmbury St Mary. Slight dusting overnight when the front dropped back through. No gritting gritting overnight by the look of it...

D3B204E8-C3E3-4B57-B0E3-CD3146141CEE.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning all 

a very chilly morning here in Farnham, Surrey! Even with our pickup truck I’m not sure we will get out of our lane!! The snow that settled yesterday has turned to ice! 

if quite like to stay in bed!! 
temp -3.1

dp -3.6 

Be careful out there! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature got down to -2.9 here in Locksbottom and it bottomed out at 7.20.as at 8.20 now -2.7.Shame all the cloud didn’t clear till about 1am as it would have dropped much further!!

be careful out there those with snow as will be very tricky on quiet roads!!

stay safe

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hope you all had a nice Weekend, Snow or no Snow.

It was great to see all your pics.

Although, it's already a bit out of date, just wanted to post up a Video clip of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast, courtesy of Helen Willetts:

Weather for the Week Ahead - BBC Weather

Helen emphasised that Cold Weather will never be far away, and indeed will hang on in the North of the U.K.

There looks to be a more definitive push from the Atlantic, by Midweek.

But as was mentioned by Kentspur, further up the page, colder Weather is expected to edge Southwards by Friday/Weekend, again.

Having looked at the 00z Runs, IMO the Atlantic is having a great struggle in dislodging the Colder air, to the North.

With that in mind, it might not pay to take any Model output further than about 4 Days ahead, as Gospel.

Regards,

Tom.  

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
16 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Just a couple this morning. I do love clear days after having heavy snow.

C8FC7FF3-EB58-44D8-A227-DC7966F2EB95.jpeg

06BB6621-B997-4377-B4EA-9D6C9635A6E4.jpeg

Hampton ?

Posted

Actually happy we didnt get any snow this time around, its taken a long time to dry out from all the rain lately, some fields still under water and didnt want any snow to wet all the surfaces that had dried, which then result in horrid icy conditions. Very frosty the last few days, which in some patches has stayed around all day and really just want to get to some warmth and spring this year, maybe its my age or all this doing nothing, but can really feel the cold in the bones and some warmth would be a welcome relief.

• Like 1